Problem with adding printers by Armand
Hi, I had added about 3 printers to my printer (2 via network) but suddenly one day there weren't listed in 'My Printers'. I tried to add them again but it always show a message showing: '' Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart spooler or restart the machine'' So i restarted the machine but still got the same message.
April 16th 08 03:00 PM
by Armand Go to last post
5 133
Keyboard doesn't work by Armando
I picked up a Sony Vaio laptop secondhand with no hard drive, so I pulled one out from one of my broken laptops to install into it. It worked fine and it started installing new drivers immediately. After I restarted the laptop, the keyboard stopped working. I do a system restore, the keyboard works again until it resinstalls all of the drivers on its own and quits working after a...
September 11th 07 07:14 PM
by Armando Go to last post
0 112
4 LCD's and 2 Video cards by Armando Arroyo
I have a 7900GT with Dual monitors (Viewsonics both VX2025wm and VX924 secondary). When expanding the desktop to the secondary monitor the Widescreen VX2025wm goes out of range and there is no way to bring it back, other than starting in Safe Mode or disconnecting the 924 from the Videocard. Tried the Nvidia drivers and It wont work either. If anyone knows about a fix for this would be...
September 7th 06 07:27 PM
by Armando Arroyo Go to last post
0 484
Any ideas on Out of Sync problem? by Armando Arroyo
Hi everyone, first let me tell you that this next problem I've had ocurred on both 5600 for x86 and x64. My system specs: Intel Pentium D 945+ @ 3.4Ghz ASUS P5ND2-SLI with Nforce4 SLI Intel Edition Chipset 2Gb DDR2-533 Kingston Memory XFX GeForce 7900GT 256Mb Graphics Card 2xSATA-II 160Gb Samsung Hard Drives Primary Display: Viewsonic VX2025wm, Secondary Display: Viewsonic VX924
September 8th 06 09:41 PM
by Armando Arroyo Go to last post
0 504
Wrong memory detected on GeForce 7900GT by Armando Arroyo
I have a GeForce 7900GT with 256Mb, Vista RC1 detects my Videocard as having 520Mb, of which it says 248Mb are Dedicated Video Memory and the rest (271Mb) are System Shared Memory. Can this Shared Memory be disabled so the Videocard only reports the onboard real memory?
September 15th 06 05:53 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 212
Trouble Shooting by armas
Hello all, I currently own a Toshiba Satellite a135-s2386 running windows vista. Recently it has been experiencing problems with recognizing my ipod and digital camera. The ipod is detected but is placed as an unknown device, and as for my camera and 2 different phones are completely ignored, at once point they all worked but lately none have been recognized or acknowledged by the computer,...
January 24th 08 08:39 PM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 146
DVD want close session by Arn
Although the device appear to be closing the session e.g. Dialog box displays clossing session, it doesn't. The DVD will not play on other computers (Blank disk of invalid file format) but it can be read if replaced in original computer. Any ideas or must I do a complete system restore.
February 4th 08 09:54 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 105
Connection problems using TCP/IP sockets by Arnau Font
Hi group, I've developed a server application that receives TCP/IP connections from some devices located in the local network. These devices are not PCs. Under XP everything goes fine, but under Windows Vista this TCP/IP connections become invalid after some hours. Information is being sent every 4 seconds through the socket. Does anybody have an idea why this happens?
May 9th 07 02:37 PM
by Arnau Font Go to last post
0 113
NVidia graphics and widescreen by Arne-Kolja Bachstein
Hi there, I got a new widescreen lcd now and would like to avoid that scaling from 4:3 to 16:10 when playing games that don't support widescreen. I know there is an option in the NVidia control panel that let's me choose between several scaling options. But no matter which one I choose, it's always stretched to fit the screen when playing DirectX games. Well, I tested only Battlefield 2,...
February 16th 07 04:40 AM
by Arne-Kolja Bachstein Go to last post
2 316
internal keyboard not working by arnehome
Hi, I "fiddled" with my partitions (deleted one and expanded the remaining one) on my Lenovo T61p laptop and now the internal keyboard and "mousecontrollers" will not work! I have tried connecting an USB mouse and that works. I have also tried a keyboard (wireless USB) but that does NOT work. The keyboard works fine until Vista boots (even in bootselector). I think the problem might be a...
November 27th 08 06:59 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
4 405
Hard Drive Failure after Sleep by arrgh
Hey guys, I have a hardware issue which I'm unsure how to proceed. I would appreciate any opinions on the matter. Thanks. Comp Info: Vista Home x64, auto-update for critical, OEM ATI Video Card (regarding Sleep) Event Flow:
August 15th 09 05:41 PM
by Natéag[_2_] Go to last post
6 208
Help please by Arrick Wiseman
Ok.... So today i decided to hook up an external monitor to my Dell laptop, everything was going good, but when I unhooked it, everything on my laptop desktop seemed to be "strechted out" you could say. Like the icons, the taskbar, all seem to be elongated. This isnt really a big problem....just annoying...any help?
October 14th 07 04:41 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 95
how do I turn the touch pad off? by Arrow
I lost the manuall. so how do I turn the touch pad off?
December 10th 07 07:07 PM
by roy69[_80_] Go to last post
3 119
3com Gigabit LOM (3C940) Driver - Says it supports but not listed? by arscim
hi everybody, I also need 3com Gigabit LOM (3C940) Driver. i tried a lot thing. but it dosen't work. :( can you e-mail the driver? or tell something how can i to do that!?! :confused:
April 9th 07 07:26 PM
by gustav Go to last post
1 239
cant install some soft(help me...) by ARSH
i am not able to install nero 7 premium, i was able to install nokia pc suite n multimedia keyboard hotkey driver on rc1 but bot of them dont work. i am not able to transfer data from my pc to mobile phone(my phone connects to my pc). plz help me solve it.
October 8th 06 04:15 PM
by ARSH Go to last post
0 130
cant install soft's by ARSH
i installed nokia pc suite but i am not able to transfer files from my pc. in xp a folder used to come in "my computer" n i used it to transfer data but now i cant find it n neither i am able to use nokia pc suite tranfser music option to transfer music. i mean the soft is install but its not working. data cable driver is also installed properly. plz help me.........
October 8th 06 04:05 PM
by ARSH Go to last post
0 151
Logitech quick cam by arshad
Hi All I am running widows vista home premium 32bit & NIS 2007 on a Q6600 machine. My old logitech quick cam which used to work fine with XP is not being detected by its new vista software version 11.5.0.1169. Widows does detect it but fails to install it from its update. Can some one p. suggest a solution. Thanks. -- Arshad
March 2nd 08 09:55 PM
by Rodney Farmer Go to last post
3 144
Missing or corrupted device driver by arsonite
Ok I've tried the oldest restore point on my computer ( which was only 6 days ago for some reason), and nothing has changed yet. This is weird as the drive had went two days ago. "arsonite" wrote: OK thanks. I will try that I guess and see what happens. Searching through I did notice a lot of topics related to this kind of thing. This must be a big problem for Vista.
March 27th 07 11:02 PM
by arsonite Go to last post
0 103
Missing or corrupted device driver by arsonite
Hello Just recently, something with the DVD/RW drive on my Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop has suddenly stopped working. The drive itself is fine it still loads and acknowledges the discs but doesn't get any farther than that. So I opened open device manager and sure enough the drive was flagged with an error message. I opened it up and got this: Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
March 28th 07 01:16 AM
by matt Go to last post
2 104
Multlple Displays by Art
I would like to run 3 screens on my new Vista Home Premium computer. There is one PCIe connector and three PCI connectors on this computer. There is an onboard Nvidia VGA output which does not seem to work when a PCIe card is in the system. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
March 23rd 07 07:10 PM
by Art Go to last post

From The