Strange error in Disk Management by Questor[_2_]
I have an IDE to USB dongle that works fine with all my spare disks save one. When I try to get it to install I get the "USB device installed correctly" tone but nothing shows up in the Computer panel. I then go to Computer Management and check on the disk. It is showing with a tiny red mark of some kind (very hard for my eyes to see) and the word "unknown" under Disk1. In addition, 'not...
May 31st 10 01:09 AM
by Questor[_2_] Go to last post
4 543
Missing printers causing long boot times? by Hollis Paul
A Vista Business 64-bit was booting fine until an Epson printer decided that the ink was low, put a two page document into the queue, and never operated properly since. We first deleted the printer object, connected to another printer on another workstation, and were able to print. But that failed on the second attempt to print, so we waited for the refurb Lexmark to arrive. The Lexmark...
May 31st 10 12:45 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 687
Reading news by Torres K
Hi wondering if Ishould be using Window Mail, one of the web-base email program,or just use a web brower. What do you think?
May 30th 10 07:35 PM
by Torres K Go to last post
0 508
I disabled my laptop touchpad and now can't enable it by rh0000
I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-033 running Vista Home Basic. I mostly use the laptop as a desk top replacement and, as I dislike using the touchpad, I disabled it, and instead I use an external mouse via one of the USB ports. On my laptop the standard way to disable the touchpad is by simultaneously pressing the Fn key and the F9 key. However, to be honest, I am not sure whether I did in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 30th 10 01:35 PM
by undisclosed Go to last post
10 1,197
Sound Services Won't Start by [email protected]
Using Vista x64, HP Pavillion, 8G RAM. The other day the audio services would not start. The "Audio Endpoint Builder" service doesn't start, even in manual. Gives me the error message 0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified. The path is C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted Since the "Windows Audio" service depends on the audio builder, it won't...
May 29th 10 12:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 801
Sound Services Won't Start by [email protected]
Using Vista x64, HP Pavillion, 8G RAM. The other day the audio services would not start. The "Audio Endpoint Builder" service doesn't start, even in manual. Gives me the error message 0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified. The path is C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted Since the "Windows Audio" service depends on the audio builder, it won't...
May 29th 10 12:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 419
hard drive enumeration tool? by james
I have a PC with 6 hard drives, used for video editing. Each time I buy a larger drive on sale, I want to take out a smaller drive from my PC. Is there a tool that can list all hard drives, and for each drive, indicate: IDE or SATA capacity partitions and drive letters assigned rotational speed (e.g. 5400 rpm or 7200 rpm)
May 28th 10 03:48 PM
by james Go to last post
0 405
Why Use Project Management tools? by Projectdrive
http://www.project-drive.net provides all tools, charts, reporting functions and a customizable dashboard for efficient project management and objective-oriented productivity Web based project management software allows you to save time and reduce costs at implementation and throughout the project lifecycles. Easy to learn and intuitive user interface even for non-technical business users
May 28th 10 10:52 AM
by Projectdrive Go to last post
0 515
Why Use Project Management tools? by Projectdrive
http://www.project-drive.net provides all tools, charts, reporting functions and a customizable dashboard for efficient project management and objective-oriented productivity Web based project management software allows you to save time and reduce costs at implementation and throughout the project lifecycles. Easy to learn and intuitive user interface even for non-technical business users
May 28th 10 10:52 AM
by Projectdrive Go to last post
0 879
Direct3D Errror... by pison
Hey guys i have been tryin to get my Direct3D accelerator running for the past week. Its not allowing me to play some of my games, just as i lauch the game it comes up with an error msg "Direct3D could not be correctly initialized...." Basically tells me to restart or reinstall DirectX. Ive read over tons of forums and have updated my drives, reinstalled directx, adjusted my hardware accelerator...
May 28th 10 09:16 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 508
pop ups by kim125
I am getting too many pop ups how can i get rid of them -- mz.White
May 28th 10 05:41 AM
by kristain Go to last post
3 732
Buffalo LinkTheater PC-P3LWG/DVD not working on vista by Andy
Hi All, I have a bit of trouble with the above. I am running the latest software (Ver 1.16 I think) and all was well with XP until I upgraded to Vista. I installed the software and now when trying to access the menus to set up the files to read from all I get is the hourglass permanently cycling. Would anyone either know if this is fixable on linktheater or if there is any other program that...
May 28th 10 05:13 AM
by JRW99 Go to last post
5 765
Microsoft optical mouse 3000, won't zoom word 2003 under Vista? by Duncan - Midlands UK
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, up to date, Microsoft Office 2003 and a Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000 with Intellipoint 6.1 (Takes breath....) Under XP, if used the wheel in word it would scroll lines of text by rolling the wheel and zom in-out if I rolled the wheel while holding CTRL down on the keyboard. Under Vista, the scroll still works but the zoom function no longer works,...
May 27th 10 10:01 PM
by ander[_2_] Go to last post
5 864
LAPTOP TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AFTER INSTALLING USB MOUSE??? by Tashab10
How can i get the touchpad on my Toshiba laptop to work when i unplug the usb mouse? I have installed usb mouse as daughter prefers external mouse, but when i unplug it to use the synaptics mousepad the mousepad doesn't work!!! Extremely frustrating! Can anyone please advise? (Don't want to uninstall usb mouse though)
May 27th 10 04:29 PM
by ComputerExpert Go to last post
3 487
nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys by kidswithaids
Sorry. I was getting database error. Admins, delete this post! -- kidswithaids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kidswithaids's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153845.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1270260.htm http://forums.techarena.in
May 27th 10 11:25 AM
by kristain Go to last post
1 558
Missing printers causing long boot times? by Hollis Paul
A Vista Business 64-bit was booting fine until an Epson printer decided that the ink was low, put a two page document into the queue, and never operated properly since. We first deleted the printer object, connected to another printer on another workstation, and were able to print. But that failed on the second attempt to print, so we waited for the refurb Lexmark to arrive. The Lexmark...
May 26th 10 06:06 PM
by Hollis Paul Go to last post
0 367
Laptop speakers not working in windows. by cabz
I've got an Asus G1Sn laptop. This problem just recently started, I can't think of anything I would have done, changed or added for it to have happened. My laptop speakers do not work in windows, they work post bios screen but no where after windows loading. If i plug in speakers/headphones to the audio out they work. Any thoughts? --
May 25th 10 10:20 PM
by SloTek Go to last post
6 485
intel 845GVSR drivers not installing in vista by leenus
hello, I installed Vista RC1,but i am not able to install drivers in vista. where can i find drivers for my INTEL 845 GVSR mother board Regards leenus
May 24th 10 09:03 PM
by purushottamaher Go to last post
6 493
Cessna Performance Specs by [email protected]
######################################################################### ######### Cessna Performance Specs VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV ######### FOUND IT HE #########...
May 24th 10 06:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 439
Missing CD/DVD Drive by grahamt
Hi, I have an Acer machine running Vista Home Premium with SP2. The machine is now two years old has been working fine until recently. I am finding that the DVD drive does not appear in My Computer or Device Manager when the machine is restarted after being in Sleep mode. The drive can be restored by doing a Shut Down. I have found a few similar problems in this forum but the reports...
May 24th 10 06:00 PM
by grahamt Go to last post

From The