  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
windows vista media player 11 by kevinj1965
ageWhen i try to start my media player 11 i get message that says the file wmploc.dll has a version number of 11.0.6000.6336 where 11.0.6000.6344 was expected. It says it was not installed properly and must be reinstalled. I cant find a download on windows website.Any suggestions anybody?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 6th 08 07:11 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
27 616
Problem Laser 8000 Bluetooth Mouse by mark
Subject: Problem Laser 8000 Bluetooth Mouse Message: When the mouse is put on the charge pad its green light pulses 8 times slowly. Then a red light flashes continuously and rapidly. The mouse's NIMH battery does not charge except for a few minutes of use. Even when the mouse is left on the pad overnight. This problem started early in August when a Vista update included a prompt to update...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 24th 08 09:34 AM
by Andy Go to last post
27 484
Ultra 4 port USB Hub driver issue by Walt
I have an Ultra 4 port USB Hub. Vista seems to find a device driver to install but says it "encountered a problem". Thats as much as I'm told. Anyone know how I can get Vista to correctly recognize and install a USB driver for my device? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 13th 07 10:56 AM
by freddy Go to last post
27 275
Problem with my microphone by Pierre Brunetti
Hello, I'm french, but i'm using Vista Business edition in english. I wanted to try the vista speech recognition. So I installed my webcam, because there's a microphone built into it, and I started the tutorial. It worked really well. Then I tried the training, and it worked well too. So I decided to start the "real" speech recognition, but I had to configure my microphone first. And here...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 2nd 07 01:27 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
27 286
Device Monitor Appliaction by aga151
Hi, I'm getting an eror message on my Advent laptop on Vista stating that the Device Monitor Application is not running. Where and how can I start this task. regards aga
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 09 11:36 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
27 820
Drivers..is it really that hard?? by Puppy Breath
The WDK (Windows Driver Kit) was released early last November. So I'm inclined to agree with the folks who think that some hardware vendors are intentionally dragging their feet. After all, it costs them money to release new drivers. They make money when they sell new products. All throughout the beta people were asking for drivers. And the usual reply from vendors was "we'll make them...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 07 02:39 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
27 325
USB Browser Mouse Driver Error by bulb005
I got the following error while trying to install my usb dell optical mouse "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it USB Browser Mouse An error occurred during the installation of the device The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 24th 10 02:43 PM
by dencybk Go to last post
27 1,670
HD Camcorder - HDMI port on Laptop ? by Jason
I recently bought a HD Camcorder. I bought Pinnacle Studio Ultimate to edit my film. I am able to connect my camcorder to my laptop using USB, but the software doesn't recognize my camera. It says I need to use Firewire or 1394 port. When I hook my camera up with HDMI, the camera and computer do not recognize each other. I know the HDMI works, because I've used it for my TV. I am not sure...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 1st 08 12:45 PM
by Jason Go to last post
26 496
Ultimate 64 not functioning with 8G ram by innecesario
Hi Folks, My machine works well with 4G ram, but I use lots of memory hogging apps at once, as well as virtual machines, so I thought I would try another 4G ram. MB is P35DS3R and I have 4 sticks of 2G A-Data 800. As soon as the extra ram is put in, the machine takes a very long time to boot and is functionally unusable. In msconfig Boot Advanced Options, Maximum memory is unticked. If I tick...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 08 05:08 AM
by innecesario[_12_] Go to last post
26 524
why does my cursor jump all over when I am typing by petro
i can be typing along and all of a sudden a new window pops up or my cursor jumps to another spot in the page. Basically it jumps to wherever I have left the cursor. So frustrating!!!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 16 05:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
26 7,506
4GB or 3GB physical memory for 32 bit wondows vista by JC
I have 4GB of physical RAM, windows vista shows only 3326MB. Does it really help with performance if I have 4GB or should I just install 3GB memory? I just bought the additional 2GB memory (had 2GB before) and wondering if I should exchange for a 1GB one. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 08 06:58 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
26 782
AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working by aussie_lonesQS89
I downloaded updates the other day and since then every time i log on i get a window saying it needs to complete installation or something like that i have gone through every possible choice to say yes or no but it still always comes up. The finger scanner is playing up with it as well. I tried to do the rollback that i read somewhere should help but i am unable to choose the rollback...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 21st 09 11:30 PM
by bhavneetk[_4_] Go to last post
26 1,013
SuperAntiSpyware Professional Expires Prematurely by Paul Calcagno
My son's HP laptop (Vista Basic, Firefox, 1.5 GB RAM) has been running quite well with MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware Professional installed for about a month. No viruses, malware, spyware so far. Windows Defender is active. My son's not dilligent about installing WU's so he's about 2 months behind. All of sudden the free-to-try version of SuperAntiSpyware professional says it's expired after only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 10 11:15 AM
by Peter Go to last post
26 1,054
Recommended Graphics Card by Ross Brunton
Afternoon Everyone, Ive tried posting here before without much success but I hope someone will take the time to help me out here. Im trying to find a recommdended, good value graphics card for my PC. Im Running Windows Vista Ultimate and my current graphics rating according to the advisor in Vista is 2.1 for my graphics card. I have 2GB of RAM
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 28th 07 06:20 AM
by John Go to last post
26 291
USB Failure by JanT
I attached a 400GB Freecom Hard Drive via USB, Vista says No. Disconnected Freecom but now the USB mouse isn't working, but works on another computer. Tried to do a system restore but surprise, surprise there are only four very recent ones in the list, none of which are successful. Tried to do a repair via installation disc in the DVD drive but no improvement. Now none of the USBs are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 30th 07 06:42 PM
by JanT Go to last post
26 372
Error message display driver igfx stopped responding by Mx32004
I can play World of Warcraft on vista, however the game will stop working for a slpit second, ramdomly. Then when i exit out vista gives me and error message say the display driver igfx has stopped responding and that it has recovered. What is the problem, please help
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 9th 10 03:51 PM
by ChaosButterfly Go to last post
26 1,074
Vista Memory Diagnostics failing at 21% by Kim
I have 4 1gB sticks of Kingston memory in a Gigabyte GA-965p-ds3 ver 3.3, with bios at ver F10, running at normal speeds. Due to a concern about faulty data after doing an Easy Transfer from another system, I ran Vista Memory Diagnostics in "Extended" mode (Standard mode tests ok). It fails at 21% whether I run it on all four modules, remove two of the modules, replace them with the other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 30th 07 07:44 AM
by goatmonger Go to last post
26 446
Bluetooth under Vista by Diamontina Cocktail
I use a D-Link DBT-122 and under XP all was well. Under Vista, system properties says it exists but the Bluetooth icon in control panel says it doesn't. I originally thought this was a D-Link problem but today I got a message from a Dell owner with inbuilt bluetooth saying that after the upgrade to Vista, he has the exact same problem. So, does anyone know how to get bluetooth dongles...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 7th 07 10:52 AM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
26 372
Optical drives dissapear after system sleeps by Eddie G
I did a search on this issue and found a mention of it on the Windows Support site which mentions a hot fix, which I did by calling MS and haveing them email me a file to install on my system. I also did the registry tweak also mentioned on the MS support site. Neither of these "fixes" work. After a reboot my optical drives are recognized by the OS and work fine...it's just after the system...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 18th 07 01:48 AM
by Eddie G Go to last post
25 403
Driver "Sonic Solutions DLA" blocked due to compatibility issues by Brandon Taylor
Every time I start up my computer, I get a message like this: I have tried checking for solutions on the Microsoft website, but to no avail. Why am I getting this message, and is there anything I can do about it? If there is nothing I can do about it, how do I go about uninstalling the device? I would appreciate any help I can receive. Brandon Taylor
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 4th 07 03:06 AM
by Carolyn Go to last post

From The