  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Dual LCD Display Issues by fvlmasl2[_2_]
Hello, I have Vista Ultimate 32 and when both LCD's are hooked up they both revert to default settings after I make any changes to the brightness, contrast...and so on. One is a Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (Digital) and the other is a older ViewSonic VG150B (Analog). Once I unplug the Viewsonic from my system all is well with the settings. I have tried all the current drivers and updates...
December 1st 07 04:39 PM
by fvlmasl2[_2_] Go to last post
0 88
Sharing Files, Printing by Kathy
I have a laptop (Vista) and PC (XP) which I am trying to connect to share files, printing etc. I have gone into each computer and changed wht workgroup to the same name and then made sure each computer is in the "sharing" mode. But when I try to print from the laptop (this is wireless) all I get is an error. Even though the printer I am using is being shown on the laptop and is shown as...
December 2nd 07 07:09 PM
by Kathy Go to last post
0 88
Vista Mediacenter supported TV tuners... do they work on Business? by Noozer
If I have a TV tuner that is natively supported by Windows Vista Ultimate or Home Premium for Mediacenter functionality, do the same drivers come with Vista Business? Will Vista install drivers and I can just install a TV viewing program?
March 23rd 07 07:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 89
Sleep mode and DVD player not being recongized after wake up by Rick
I have noticed that when my computer goes into sleep mode, when I wake it up, the DVD player that had previously been recognized is no longer. I have an new Panasonic DVD burner that is always recognized, but the problem is with the second OEM version DVD player. It is recogized on POST and when the computer is booted up, but once the computer goes into sleep mode, it is then erased from...
November 25th 07 02:21 PM
by Rick Go to last post
0 89
Display on second monitor by melanie
Have connected my laptop to an old TV - sound is coming through TV and picture is also connected onto the TV screen, however the picture is coming through in black & white instead of in colour. Any suggestions?
December 17th 07 07:56 PM
by Morten Go to last post
1 89
mouse and keyboard not working by xavi_an
I have windows vist 64x ultimate. I installed uniblue registry booster and did some cleanup using it. After restart my keey board and mouse stopped working. I am able to use the key board in bios setup and the mouse works fine while booting from vista DVD, but both not working inside vista. I tried restoring by booting thru Vista DVD, it says "No restore point saved" but i never deleted any...
December 10th 07 01:12 PM
by xavi_an[_2_] Go to last post
2 89
My JVC GR-DVF 21U Mini-Digital camcordor. Vista won't recognize by ilhsm
I have used the correct cable and went to JVC site which is useless. I tried everything. Windows movie maker,DTI which came with my Acer laptop. no matter what I do My computer will not recognize my video camera for me to transfer video movies. Can anyone please help.IEEE 1394 Firewire Cable is the cable i used. thank you
December 27th 07 04:37 PM
by ilhsm Go to last post
0 89
windows update results in network failure by Fred Casa[_2_]
After installing important/recommended Windwos updates on my Dell Inspiron XPS, Windows can't find the broadband connection via my router (another PC is still connected to the internet via the same router). After System Restore, the network connection is re-established. What is happening? Any advice? The choice seems to be between updates and internet connection.
January 12th 08 06:24 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
2 89
What next? No wireless found: No problems either by Curt in Budapest
Dell Ispiron 1420 - almost brand new. Vista Home. A collegue from another office brings it to me. It cannot see my wireless network! (It can't see it in her office either) (I verify that it is on, check all the settings - It can't see a thing.) Cable network connection works perfectly. I bring it to my computer dealer - same thing. He thinks setting are fine. I do Dell connect over the internet...
April 17th 08 01:07 PM
by William Anderson Go to last post
1 89
No Activesynch service shown on PDA by John F Monahan
I have a Dell Axim X51. It use to syench via USB. it no longer does. i get a com surrogate not working error. i then set it up to synch via bluetooth. it dd for a while but stopped. when i try to synch it the pairing and partnership works fine but the only service availalbe from the PC is Dialup networking. no activesynch. any idea? i appreciate the help. John
November 1st 07 08:08 PM
by John F Monahan Go to last post
0 89
Windows Defender kees shutting off. by JJ
I loaded Windows Live OneCare yesterday on my Vista Premium and I had Windows Defender installed before I installed One Care Live. Now Windows Defender keeps shutting off an a balloon pops up by the taskbar saying Defender is shut off. Would some one let me know what I need to do to stop this. Thanks an have a safe an great weekend.
October 26th 07 04:55 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 89
Restore Devices to Found New Hardware by Jonathan Cochran
When I connected a device (my Handspring Visor handheld) to my new Vista PC for the first time, the "Found New Hardware" window came up asking to install drivers for it. I accidentally clicked the "Don't show this message again for this device". How do I get Vista to try to install drivers for this device again? Thanks, Jonathan
March 29th 07 09:50 AM
by Mick Go to last post
1 89
touchpad works intermittently by Stacey
Hi, I just got my laptop about a week and a half ago and I love the scrolling function using the side of the touchpad, but I find it works intermittently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I find whenever I go to the help function in windows vista and start searching for a a help topic about it, it starts to work again - usually it stops working while I'm on the internet...
April 23rd 08 02:27 PM
by Stacey Go to last post
0 89
Humaneyes sucks! by Humanass
We are a company in Turkey and we purchased the package from them. Humaneyes software, services are sucks and totally rubbish. Don't be fooled by Humaneyes anymore!
August 4th 07 09:16 PM
by Humanass Go to last post
0 89
HOW DO I... by GopalKrishn
i'm not able to use a pen drive with my PC. when i connect a pendrive, the new hardware installtion wizard starts. However the operation fails after searching for the neccesary drivers in my PC. Is that my PC lack neccessary drivers for the Pendrive to work? If so, what should i do to make it work? System Os: Windows XP.
September 25th 07 04:05 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 89
Keyboard/Mouse compound device won't install by Tom Scales
I have a great keyboard that I love. It has an integrated pointy stick and the old 'IBM' feel. It is a USB keyboard with a single USB connector. The problem is when I plug it in, it doesn't find drivers. Should just be a generic HID device. It works flawlessly with Windows XP (surprise, surprise). The vendor says it is Microsoft's problem as it is just a keyboard (I see their...
May 8th 07 03:15 PM
by Tom Scales Go to last post
0 90
Exporting video throug 1394 does not work with Vista by KaGu:-}
I am using an Amilo Pa 1538 +b laptop from Fuj / Siemens. It is possible to capture video from my DCR-HC40E with an acceptable rsult, but when trying to export an edited AVI to the camera it does not work. I have tryed the Fuj /Siemebns support but they "does not support software". Sony states that the DCR-HC40E is compatibled with Vista and instructs me to contact Microsoft to get a...
May 6th 07 01:08 PM
by KaGu:-} Go to last post
0 90
floppy drive support by Steven Wabik
i was wondering if vista has built-in support for floppy drives or not. and if vista does what are the details of it are. (ex: floppy boot, floppy repair diskkets, and stuff like that.)
April 28th 07 04:40 PM
by Steven Wabik Go to last post
0 90
power cycling hard drives while rebooting by discohr
heya. i'm using vista ultimate x64 on abit at8 32x and have 2x sata raid0 (2 disks in each) on onboard uli sata ii/raid controller (m1575/m1697). the other onboard sata controller (silicon image) is disabled in bios as i never used it. setup worked perfectly on xp sp2 but hard drives are acting strange when vista is restarting... 1. shutdown - restart 2. vista shows "...is shutting down"...
March 28th 07 08:44 PM
by discohr Go to last post
1 90
Change processor with OEM licence by Micke
Hi, I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium installed on my PC. I just came across a cheap processor that fits my motherboard. Can I upgrade to that processor without problem? I know its a problem when replacing the motherboard but thats not the case here. Anyone know this?
May 3rd 07 08:49 PM
by R. C. White, MVP Go to last post

From The