HD Maximum size ? by Natéag[_2_]
Disregard. I now have a single partition, and this time there does not seem to be any problem. I hhope that is still true after a reboot. "Natéag" a écrit dans le message de news:... What is the maximum size that can be installed on
August 21st 09 03:31 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 196
Terminology question by M Skabialka
What is the term used to describe a replacement hard drive from a manufacturer which already has the OS and other software installed on it? Someone told me it was "bricked" but that doesn't sound right.
August 21st 09 09:57 AM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
3 208
HD Maximum size ? by Natéag[_2_]
What is the maximum size that can be installed on a computer with Vista 32-bit ? I had to partition my 1.0 TB drive before it was recognized by Vista. I will gladly delete that second partition if the whole HDD can be used with a single enlarged partition. Thanks.
August 21st 09 03:51 AM
by Natéag[_2_] Go to last post
0 182
hardisk driver problum by Mafaz Rana
I have notebook with vista....I want to install xp....it didn't detect hardisk
August 20th 09 09:43 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
3 180
IntelliPoint 7.0 CEIP annoyance by MKairys[_2_]
I upgraded to IntelliMouse 7.0 and now on every reboot I get the balloon window asking me to join the Customer Improvement program. This is VERY annoying. I have even tried checking the box to join the program but the setting is not retained and the balloon keeps coming up. Please help me turn this off!
August 20th 09 12:09 PM
by MKairys[_2_] Go to last post
3 190
Removable Storage Managment? by therock[_11_]
In control panel/programs and features/Turn Windows features on or off/ In the list is "Removable Storage Managment". What is this? It's deselected by default. I ask because I have an eSATA external HDD box I want to have spin down after inactivity and wonder if this will help.
August 20th 09 11:58 AM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
1 160
SD card problem by sam1833
I have a Dell studio 1535 and when I use a 32 GB SD card it will not write more than 115 files on it. If I put them in 2 different folders one will come up empty. In my computer in properties it shows the disk space as being used. The files are small mp3 files. The SD card is formatted in Fat32. Anyone have any ideas to make it work? -- sam1833
August 20th 09 09:46 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 218
Internal Card Reader Drives Disappear by BrianB[_2_]
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Vista Home Premium x64 SP2. It has an internal card reader, a TEAC CA-200, that connects internally to the front USB connector on the motherboard. When the reader works, it shows up at four drive letters in Windows Explorer. The problem is that it doesn't work. When I first boot the PC the drives show up. After plugging in and ejecting a memory card a few...
August 19th 09 10:47 PM
by chippywhite Go to last post
4 206
Slave drive problems by Graham Hall
I have bought a new system with Vista Home Premium and I am trying to install an IDE hard drive as a slave. These are from my old system and I just want them installed so I can copy across stuff. I have done this in XP with no problem but I cannot seem to get this system to see them. If they do not show up in Bios does this mean Vista wont see them? I have tried varies jumper settings but...
August 19th 09 07:26 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
5 187
Windows needs to install drivers for xxx by Adz06
Ok, this is really starting to annoy me now. Everytime I turn on my pc I get lots of these messages. The software for the devices is installed. This includes my new Logitech MX5000 keyboard and mouse, it asks for drivers for the BT Mini-REceiver, My HP D5160 printer, and even my older microsoft mouse and keyboard. If I click find drivers windows doesnt find anything. With my printer, I can...
August 19th 09 03:07 PM
by GTS Go to last post
4 187
Wireless Adapter Stopped Working by Kiwi7
I have Vsita Home Premium SP1. I also have a Linsys Wirless adaptor WUSB54GSC. Before I went on holiday everything worked fine. I came back and the wireless driver will not start, giving the error message: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have treid uninstalling the device, and re-installing and also re-installing the drivers. All to no avail. Is this some sort of symptom of a...
August 18th 09 02:22 AM
by Pavel A.[_2_] Go to last post
3 192
cant print by mikx007
I cant print on my dell xps 410 with vista and a HP photosmart 8450 can someone help?
August 17th 09 05:10 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
4 5
True Image Cloning by George W. Barrowcliff
My 80gb Vista laptop is out of space, so I bought a 250gb drive and installed it in a USB 2.0 enclosure. I have tried both the True Image clone procedure and also partitioning the 250gb with 2 partitions then backing up the original drive to one of the partitions, replacing the 80 with 250 and tried to recover into the blank partition but no success. I get the cannot boot message and must...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 09 04:20 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
17 466
BSOD QUESTION by Forest
What is the stop code 124. one place says its a hardware issue for the sound card, the other says it's for the video card. where do, and how do i use a debugging software to figure this out. thanks Forest
August 17th 09 01:21 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 194
Vista fails switching default device when HDMI is plug/unplug by Edge30
Hello I've have a big number of systems (several brand/models/configurations) but they all have this problem. We use Vista 64bit. When a HDMI monitor is connected, the sound should automatically select HDMI as default device When the HDMI monitos is disconnected, the sound should automatically select the system's internal audio device But this doesn't happen, sometimes it fails when selecting...
August 17th 09 12:33 AM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
3 200
How to restore RAID-5 array by pasbes
Hi! I am stuck and I do not know how to go on to fix this problem: My computers RAID 5 array had one drive crash and I can not start Vista64 again. The computer worked fine before the crash. The RAID 5 array is consisted of 4 similar drives. I replaced the failed drive with a new similar drive and I get a good response from the RAID controller of the motherboard witch went to REBUILD...
August 16th 09 02:44 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 168
Memory Problem by Clayton
I have a ASUS P5B-PLUS Motherboard and have installed 2 x 2GB DDR-2 800MHz modules in it and the BIOS only showed as having 3GB installed so I updated to the latest BIOS version and remapped the memory in the BIOS and now the BIOS is showing all 4GB, but after installing Windows 7 32-Bit it shows in system properties as 4GB installed but only 2GB usable. The motherboard is a couple of years...
August 16th 09 04:52 AM
by Jane C[_2_] Go to last post
5 204
Default Sound Device Issue by David4321
Hi, and thanks for looking. My computer (laptop, Vista Home Premium) was working fine with regard to sound devices. Onboard speakers operated if nothing else was plugged in, and sound was handled by other USB devices when they were plugged in (ie: extension speakers, and ms lifechat wireless headset w/usb receiver) Then I tried to set up bluetooth with a USB dongle adapter and a motorola...
August 15th 09 06:54 PM
by David4321 Go to last post
0 196
Hard Drive Failure after Sleep by arrgh
Hey guys, I have a hardware issue which I'm unsure how to proceed. I would appreciate any opinions on the matter. Thanks. Comp Info: Vista Home x64, auto-update for critical, OEM ATI Video Card (regarding Sleep) Event Flow:
August 15th 09 05:41 PM
by Natéag[_2_] Go to last post
6 207
How do I minimize Windows Media Player into a desk-bar? by Nate
Hi Before I rebooted my computer, when I minimized Windows Media Player 11, it would turn into a tool-bar at the bottom of the screen where I could access basic controls (play/pause, rewind.. stop..). However, when I minimize it now, it simply minimizes the program and does not create the toolbar. How do I get this feature back? I checked tools and couldn't find anything.
August 15th 09 03:08 AM
by Sweet Peaches Go to last post

From The