Unable to delete registry key by Art
I have two invalid registry keys in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Enum\USB key. No matter how I try to adjust the permissions for the USB key, I cannot delete those two keys. After much machination, I think I had the key set to Full Control for Everyone, but I keep getting an "Error Deleting Key" message. The two devices (unknown device & Scanjet 5590) do not show up...
November 29th 07 05:23 PM
by Art Go to last post
0 125
Side Bar + multiple monitors by Art
Is it possible to move the side bar (not just a gadget) from one monitor to another in a three monitor setup?
June 13th 08 02:59 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 183
URL Link Problem by Art
I am using Windows Vista Professional. When I receive a URL link in an email clicking on the link will not open my browser and display the link. It is a recent problem since the links were displayed in the past without a problem. Can anyone help solve this problem? Art
March 14th 08 12:55 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 138
Automatically start a program at startup problem by Art
I am running Vista Home Premium. I have placed a shortcut to Outlook in the startup folder but Outlook does not automatically start when the computer is booted. Please help.
March 26th 07 04:47 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 108
Dell Inspiron 8600 by Art
I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop running Windows XP Home. The computer reboots itself shortly after it brings up the desktop. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
July 9th 07 01:19 PM
by Generator Go to last post
3 104
USB adapter and parallel printer by Art K
Hi, I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. My L/T does not have a parallel port and I want to use my HP 4P parallel printer with it. I have an adapter cable to do the job, but after going through the installation of the printer several times, it only printed once. If that was due to a combination of settings, I haven't found them again. I believe the problem is most related to the printer...
February 17th 09 04:28 PM
by Victoria[_3_] Go to last post
3 190
Firewire Issue by [email protected]
Hi All, A couple of questions please....... I just bought an Asus P5B to upgrade my system. Previously I had an Asus A8N-SLI. Now,m I'm not great at this stuff, but I'm not sure that was an upgrade?? Maybe I was taken... Anyhow, I have a GeForce 8800. Don't I need an SLI MB to work with that?
December 26th 07 12:58 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 134
DVD Drive Hangs by artemisglorybound
After I installed Vista 64x on my machine, my DVD drive started to randomly hang in the middle of installations from discs, or in the middle of ripping music. I assumed it was my drive going bad, but I order a new drive (Asus this time, instead of the old LITE-ON) and it's doing the same thing. I'm beginning to think it's a Vista problem.
July 23rd 08 02:41 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 166
New mouse doesn't work by Artess
I've bought a new Genius Ergo 525 mouse, downloaded and installed from their website all the latest software, but the pointer doesn't move and nothing happens when clicking any button. Genius device manager also doesn't see any mouse. In device manager it is displayed under its name, but in properties it says "Device cannot be run, error code #10". On a computer with Windows XP it works...
October 12th 07 09:25 PM
by Rettely Go to last post
2 120
Trouble with WiFi by artheus
Hi! A while ago I bought a ASUS F3Tc and with it I got Vista: Home Premium. So, connecting to a wifi/wlan is no problem at all. But after a while the connection dies, no matter which network I connect to. Even if I sit 2 inches from the wireless router I get disconnectet after a short while.. And that is really bothering me.. because I'm a web-developer, and I have to have a stable connection to...
June 12th 09 11:34 PM
by Erich Oelschlegel[_2_] Go to last post
6 432
nvidia GeForce FX 5200 problem with Aero by arthur
I used the FX 5200 with Vista RC1, and was able to use Aero with no problems, but after installing RC2, I cannot use Aero. The only choices I have are basic, standard and classic. I've updated the graphics driver from nvidia to 9.6.8.5 (the newest for vista) and it's still the same. Any idea how to enable Aero again?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 06 02:40 AM
by Joe Villarreal Go to last post
11 219
Hertz by Artier
i want to get more herts on my computer and i have a pentium 4 and i have 1.70Hertz 1.69Hertz
February 18th 07 02:28 AM
by pete Go to last post
2 395
CD drive does not recognize cd by artstar
I currently have windows vista home premium. When I put in cd's that I've purchased, the drive does not recognize that there is a CD in the drive. But I tried a CD that I've burned, it work perfectly. If you have any advice please help!!!
August 17th 07 10:05 PM
by Mac Go to last post
1 169
Wireless adaptor is lost after waking from sleep (intermittent fau by Arty-W
Hello I'm had this fault since I bought the notebook last September. It's been investigated by my computer supplier who maintains that it is a a Vista-related problem and not a hardware fault. After waking up from sleep, the wireless adaptor doesn't work. The device has disappeared from Device Manager, and there is an PlugPlayManager system event logged - see details below. The only way to...
February 7th 08 12:31 PM
by pricefix23[_2_] Go to last post
9 223
How do you stop Vista indexing CDs/DVDs by ArtySin
Every time I put a new CD or DVD in one of my two drives Vista starts indexing them. It is soooo bl88dy annoying and takes up too much time when you are constantly changing CDs. Does anyone know how you can turn it off for DVD drives at all? Can't find anything in properties Cheers ArtySin
November 20th 08 04:44 AM
by David Vair Go to last post
1 400
Belkin F5D7001 Drivers? by Arve
I also have the same card. At first i could not see my accesspoint, only 5 or 6 other network in my building. I tried the belkin driver but got the 'invalid inf file' error. The current chanel of my accesspoint was set to 12 at the time. By changeing the chanel to 2, the accesspoint suddenly appeared in Vista. I could also connect to the internet after a while. But now the connection is super...
September 27th 06 08:41 PM
by Arve Go to last post
0 304
No Option for Analog Sound by asdfj
Under Control Panel--Sound my only option is Realtek Digital Output. It tells me it is working, but I don't have a digital receiver, I only have speakers connected. I can't get any sound to my speakers. I can't get the computer to recognize that speakers are attached. Any ideas? Thanks
February 24th 08 05:25 PM
by asdfj Go to last post
1 147
motorola s9-hd bluetooth headset dont work on vista by asdf[_2_]
i m looking for drivers for my 32bit vista ultimate pc with a usb bluetooth dongle. the dongle and the pc work fine with my bluetooth cell phone. after some studies, it seem that is cause de A2DP capabilities of the motorola headset. the standard drivers of vista doesnt support A2DP, as i heard.
December 1st 09 06:29 PM
by asdf[_2_] Go to last post
0 262
motorola s9-hd bluetooth headset dont work on vista by asdf[_2_]
i m looking for drivers for my 32bit vista ultimate pc with a usb bluetooth dongle. the dongle and the pc work fine with my bluetooth cell phone. after some studies, it seem that is cause de A2DP capabilities of the motorola headset. the standard drivers of vista doesnt support A2DP, as i heard.
December 1st 09 06:29 PM
by asdf[_2_] Go to last post
0 151
Creative Audio Problems by ASH-PT
Recently bought a creative sound blaster x-fi elite pro sound card to do some recording on my pc. I am trying to use cubase LE that came with the sound card, but everytime I use cubase and turn one of the dials on the sound card input dock i get the blue screen of death! I've tried downloading the latest drivers as apparently previous versions have bugs, but nothing seems to...
December 30th 08 11:52 AM
by ASH-PT Go to last post

From The