  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Vista BSOD nvlddmkm.sys on boot by Smilerfive
System: Windows Vista Ultimate fully updated, Intel E6600, Nvidia 7600GT, 4Gb Ram, one LCD VGA and one lcd via DVI etc, nothing is over clocked Problem: I built this system 6 months ago and it has been running perfectly since. On August 27th my system tried to automatically update the existing Nvidia driver from Windows Update (groan, I know, I’ve changed it and will never let this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 08 06:58 AM
by Geesey Go to last post
16 340
Optical Devices by Tenshii
Hello, would anyone know of a reason why Windows Vista does not detect the burning capabilities of my two optical drives? I have Mad dog md-16xdvd9 and LG GSA-H22L Usually if you right-click a drive (let's say cd-burner) and go properties, a tab
February 14th 08 10:49 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
1 169
Proper shutdown & sleep method with e-sata drive by xiowan
Hi all: This is my first experience with an external hard drive. I am not sure the proper procedure to follow when I put the pc into sleep and when I want to shutdown the pc. Do I just hit sleep, then after the pc sleeps switch off the e-sata drive? When I shut down the pc do I shutdown first then turn off the e-sata drive? I am using Vista Ultimate O.S. and the pc has four 500 GB...
February 14th 08 07:55 PM
by xiowan Go to last post
Having trouble loading music videos into mp3 using Windows media player with windows vista home version
February 14th 08 10:50 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 180
Vista 64 Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - False Negative by Howard Swope
Vista 64, Asus P5E v502 bios, Core 2 Quad, 4 gb crucial RAM, No over clocking, standard ram speed, I have been getting intermitent blue screen of death. Afterward my machine warm boots, and often I receive Bad Bios CheckSum error. I power all the way down and then power on and boot no problem. I tried running the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. It came up with a problem, but didn't identify...
February 15th 08 02:52 AM
by Howard Swope Go to last post
2 153
Please Help me with my USB by mon1416
I have a USB Drive which says it's writing protected and actually it isn't but I don't know what to do
February 15th 08 07:04 AM
by Uwe Sieber Go to last post
1 185
San Disk Micro U3 Drive is not ejecting properly by skirwin
When choosing to safely remove hardware in windows explorer or choosing eject via U3 launchpad it informs me it is safe to remove but the light does not go out. Then when I reconnect it it says it was not safely removed if it even lets me reconnect it.
February 15th 08 05:52 PM
by skirwin Go to last post
2 148
Vista audio problem with X-Fi by no audio with Vista & Soundblaster X-Fi[_2_]
I installed an audio card (Sound Blaster X-Fi model SB046APCS) and I can't hear any sound comming out of my PC (I build it myself). The sound tests tell me everyting is working OK and that there are no confilcts with the card. Yesterday I downloaded the Vista audio driver SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0004.exe from Creative and still no sound. When performing the diagnostics, I can see a green color...
February 15th 08 01:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 145
Microsoft Remote Keyboard for WIndows XP Media Center Edition 1044 by Jo
My brother gave me just the keyboard. I bought a blue tooth piece to sync with the keyboard. I bought new batteries for the keyboard however the power light does not turn on at all. I read behind the keyboard about placing a remote control 2cm away from the keyboard but I just dont understand. At least I would feel more comfortable if I saw some sort of lights blinking when I press any...
February 15th 08 03:52 PM
by jxzkzwdlq Go to last post
3 134
Vista Home premium - mouse settings by Robert J. Lafayette
Basic mouse which came with desktop. Since I am left handed that when I reboot the mouse automatically has the left button activated for clicking. Is there a way, rather than after every reboot, going to control panel mouse adjust buttons to switch sides to have this locked with right button activated,
February 14th 08 07:05 PM
by Robert J. Lafayette Go to last post
0 163
Vista running slowly and making odd noise. by uhluhtc
Hello everybody. I need some help with an odd tech problem. I'm working with a Windows Vista HP Pavillion PC. No hardware has been modified. I'm not sure which version I have, I think I have all but the most recent update. I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem or not, but here goes. Anyway, about 4 months ago, my computer started acting odd. It would make an odd ticking, or...
February 15th 08 04:41 PM
by uhluhtc Go to last post
5 125
DVD drive will not read CDs - Vista by PatiB
I see several related posts to my issue and have tried several t-shooting steps with no luck, including the registry modificiation described in KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us Here's my problem - The DVD drive can read DVDs with no problem but will not recognize any kind of CD (audio CDs, formatted CDs with data, unformatted CDs). When I put a CD in the drive it...
February 15th 08 02:43 PM
by Dave C[_2_] Go to last post
2 144
nvidia card - Vista Home Prem. by DKmoneypit
Internet was working Wednesday PM. Friday AM cant connect to broadband. Rebooted modem to no avail. After checking found that Nvidia n Force Networking Controller is not working properly (code 31). Went to Nivida website using another PC and got updated drivers but didnt work. Does anyone have any ideas??
February 15th 08 02:27 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 155
WGA Killing Vista by azmudrat
If I install a new harddrive and video card in windows Vista Home Premium will WGA kill my OS? If so, and I have an OEM copy will Microsoft reset it?
February 15th 08 12:50 AM
by TomKo Go to last post
3 223
Audio problem by no audio with Vista & Soundblaster X-Fi
I installed an audio card (Sound Blaster X-Fi model SB046APCS) and I can't hear any sound comming out of my PC (I build it myself). The sound tests tell me everyting is working OK and that there are no confilcts with the card. Yesterday I downloaded the Vista audio driver SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0004.exe from Creative and still no sound. When performing the diagnostics, I can see a green color...
February 15th 08 04:02 PM
by IkidUnot Go to last post
1 124
Nvidia Go 7400 drivers by White-Orbital
hi. i used to download this driver using windows update. yesterday i format my computer and done the updates but i couldn't find 7400go updates in windows update section. nvidia's website is not supporting, and the drivers from sony's website is not giving me the perfomance i need. this is my...
February 15th 08 03:24 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 137
USB Mouse Not Recognized After Standby by garcx
Every time my laptop (HP Pavilion dv6000) resumes from standby, my USB mouse (Wenger Diablo) comes up as an Unrecognized USB device. I have to unplug and plug back in the USB receiver every time. The mouse works normally other than this inconvenience. I run XP home on the laptop. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.
February 15th 08 06:41 PM
by skirwin Go to last post
1 120
Ping : Colin Barnhorst by Drew
Over time I have seen you help many people with different problems with their Vista boxes and I have a minor glitch maybe you can help with...... Approximately a month ago or so I noticed that my box does not always go to sleep on its own....I can manually put it to sleep and it will stay asleep no matter how long I leave it...As soon as I hit any key on the keyboard it will of course wake...
February 15th 08 12:29 AM
by xiowan Go to last post
7 225
Sata dvd-rw and Ide dvd-rw not recognising certain discs by rajigagi
Hello all, I am hoping some one can give me a solution to a rather annoying problem I am having. I have just upgraded my OS to Vista Home Premium x64. I am runnin 4 HDD's, 2 Sata and 2 Ide and have a Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1 Sata and a Pioneer DVd-RW DVR-107D Ide (this is installed via a Pluscom Ide to Sata converter by Raid controller and shows up as a SCSI) Since the upgrade, both of my ROM...
February 14th 08 03:44 PM
by rajigagi Go to last post
0 168
February 15th 08 04:43 PM