enable bluetooth gateway notebook by [email protected]
I am thinking about getting a bluetooth mouse for my Gateway MX8738 (which has bluetooth built in.) I don't see any bluetooth icons or options in Windows Vista Home Premium. How do I tell if Bluetooth is enabled on my notebook? the keyboard has a bluetooth icon and I read to push the Fn button along with F6(bluetooth icon on the button) to enable or disable it, but since there's no icon on Vista...
August 15th 08 03:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 192
Problem with a Maxtor one touch III (external hard drive) by Moomie
I recently bought myself a maxtor on touch III, and installed the software that comes on the hard drive as I wanted to use it's sync feature. It installs fine, but once I've unplugged the hard drive and put it back in at a later time the maxtor software doesn't recognise it being plugged in. I'm pressing the button on the front of it but it does nothing. It's still recognised as a disk...
June 11th 07 05:58 AM
by Velle Go to last post
3 145
help me! by moominta
Thank you so much! I've encountered the same problem (at the same time) as AppleG5 , and followed your clear instructions. Success ensued. (mine is: Toshiba A200 1MB-NOTEBOOK) I wish you more good deeds in the futu) -- moominta
September 1st 07 08:12 PM
by moominta Go to last post
0 104
hard drives showing in "safely remove hardware" by moondogg
My disc drives are now showing up in the safely remove hardware icon of the task bar. How do i keep them from being there? they are permanent drives, not external. why did they all of a sudden show up there. thanks -- moondogg
September 24th 09 03:25 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 188
Background does not load by MoonQu33n
Hello, I have this problem already for more then 1 month and I can't find a solution for it. I already asked this on an other board but they couldn't give me an answer either. Problem: If I start up my laptop -- windows vista home premium, then I need to log in (so I do) and then the screen turns black and I only have a box that shows
July 9th 07 10:00 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
2 145
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown by moonraker
My Gateway GM5410 is experiencening the same shutdown problems. As long as I move the mouse every two or three minutes it is fine. If I don't move the mouse for 5 or 10 minutes, it shuts down with the Blue Screen of Death then comes back up with the message Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown. -- moonraker
November 4th 08 10:44 PM
by moonraker Go to last post
0 295
Installing an IDE Hard Drive in a Acer Aspire M5620 by Moose067
I just purchased an Acer AM5620-E5512A It is Quad Core Intel I am trying to install an extra hard drive an IDE 320GB Western Digital HD. I am running Vista 64-bit the computer is recognizing the drive as a floppy drive how can i fix this?
February 3rd 09 04:04 PM
by Moose067 Go to last post
8 245
any free calendar downloads of Outlook 2003 or 2007? by mooseman
Looks like the new PC with Vista Home premium and the Windows Calendar that came with it won't sync with my iphone. Does anyone know if there is a free download of the Outlook 2003 calendar or Outlook 2007 calendar? That sounds like the only calendar that the iphone will recognize on a PC.
February 21st 08 12:42 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 97
Vista machine freezes with mouse activity by MoosieAZ
I just posted this in the general area which may have been a mistake, so please accept my apology in advance; I'm relatively new at this posting stuff. My environment is Vista Ultimate running on an Intel D975XBX2 motherboard with an E6600 Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB of DDR2-PC6400 memory; the graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro-512MB. The situation is that the machine will freeze at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 07 04:56 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
11 242
Problems with a Second HD by Morathia
Hello Guys, I bought some days ago a new hard disk for my computer. I've look in my Bios and the hd is detected, I also have format And Initialized it from the disk management page, but when I open my computer windows from the Start Windows button the HD never show up. (window Explorer does the samething) At the beginning i was wondering if it was a problems, that both of my HD are detected...
August 4th 08 06:54 PM
by Morathia Go to last post
3 169
Problem with CDRW/DVD Player by Morbius
After installing both build versions, one of my DVD drives does not recognize any type of CD, it appears correctly installed at the Device Manager, but when put a CD or DVD on it, is like there were on the bay. The hardware with the problem is a LG model HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4320B When try to reinstall the drivers, it says that it have the best drivers available. The other DVD works fine.
September 30th 06 04:07 AM
by Morbius Go to last post
0 258
I have no sound, had it now gone HELP by moreta
I had sound for 4 days I have followed all the troubleshooting tips etc, nothing. an error code comes up saying c00d11b1 and when i finally tracked it down it said I had downloaded something from Zune ...... I haven't downloaded any music tracks ever so what is going on. Please can someone help me. I only bought the computer 6 days ago.
February 10th 08 09:29 PM
by moreta Go to last post
3 135
No Sound by moreta
Well I did the ultimate stupid thing I accidentally uninstalled the driver for my sound device and now I don't have one. I am going to try a full restore to get it back. Maybe that will fix the other problem as well . If anyone has a better idea please let me know.
November 9th 08 11:08 AM
by The Max[_2_] Go to last post
5 339
Windows does recognise my PID for support. by moreta
I bought a HP computer preloaded with windows Vista, I tried to email windows regarding my error code being linked to their their Zune Product. I typed in my PID as it shows in my system and their system says it is wrong. anyone else having the same problem wiith Windows Support? I did not even know what zune was or that it was linked with Windows so how could I have downloaded any music from...
February 10th 08 09:42 PM
by moreta Go to last post
3 187
Mouse cursor jumps or warps several inches every few seconds by Morfaroth
No clue what is causing this. The mouse cursor will randomly jump or warp to a different spot on the screen. Usually about 3 to 7 inches and this happens every 10 or so seconds if i am really using the cursor a lot to like look at picture thumbnails or something like that. It happens less, the less i use the mouse. I tried using different mice. I tried laser and cleaned roller mice. ...
November 26th 07 01:22 AM
by Morfaroth Go to last post
2 117
connecting devices by Morgan Landings
i have an HP Pavilion and i was curious if it is possible to connect my xbox to the laptop as a moniter to play my games on like a television
May 31st 07 09:41 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 100
Mouse gone by MorganT71
It started on 5/5/07 while I was playing a game & I heard a "Bing Bing" three or four times & then the whole game froze So I shut down game with task mananger & that is when I found the mouse would work on & off & the off so I rebooted & sence then no mouse. as this was a ball mouse in the USB slot I got another New Mouse on eather ps2 or USB & could not get it to work eather. updated...
May 8th 07 06:41 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
5 117
Vista CD-ROM Autoplay by Morningstar
I've got a problem with the CD-ROM on my laptop. When I insert any CD or DVD the autorun doesn't work but it does for examle with USB devices. I'm using Vista and I haven't been able to sort it out... :-(
December 3rd 08 02:51 PM
by Cory Ducey Go to last post
7 312
Vista and 7.1 surround sound by Morose
Hi everyone, I run Vista Ultimate on an Asus A8N-Sli Premium motherboard, which is equipped with a Realtek AC97 audio adapter (fully 7.1 enabled sound). Since I've upgraded to Vista I've been able to persuade vista to let me run standard output out of Itunes through both front and rear speakers. I have found the Speaker Fill Enhancement through "Sound" in Control Panel, but that forces a...
August 10th 08 05:35 PM
by aceonline Go to last post
2 274
Microsoft wireless notebook mouse by Morten
When i try to install this hardware it can not find any drivers even after i downloaded intelipoint 6.1 for vista with the driver. My other question is that i have problems with my nivida geforce go 7400 graphics card. i have to use beta drivers. when i download the latest driver is says that it is not compability with my current hardware or my current software/driver. -- hilsen Morten
February 19th 07 08:14 PM
by Morten Go to last post

From The