USB device recognition in Ultimate by jimboh1
Hi- I've recently installed ultimate on a dual-core board and am now having problems with the boards' rear USB connectors- everytime I plug ANYTHING into one Vista asks me for the device's driver. This is happening with simple things like pen/flashdrives as well as more complec items, which are recognized without difficulty on 2 installs of Home Premium without difficulty. I am the only...
June 17th 07 11:45 AM
by Gustavo Guerra Go to last post
3 172
Sony Compatibility with Ultimate by Jerilyn
I have been trying to get the Windows Aero feature to work with my Sony desktop. Contacted Sony Support and they told me ALL Sony computers are not compatible with Ultimate. I was shocked since Sony is one of the world's largest suppliers of computers. I have a Sony Vaio desktop. Just installed Ultimate. So far so good. I can live without Aero if I have to. Anyone have any thoughts on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 17th 07 09:32 AM
by Rock Go to last post
12 396
Vista - Change Drive Letters? by Charliec
I just upgraded to MS Vista and in the upgrade process, Vista changed two of my drives letter (an external harddrive and my CDRW drive). I would like to change them back to the original drive letters, but can't seem to locate the procedure for changing the drive letters. Can someone advice, please? Thanks Charlie ******************************************************
June 17th 07 09:29 AM
by Rock Go to last post
7 189
compatible vista soundcard? by Sid Fishes
have an audigy SE with Vista Ultimate, sound is choppy, no mic, and as you all prob know, Creative support on this is zero. can someone please recommend me a 100% Vista compatible PCI or USB sound card?! thank you! Sid
June 17th 07 08:48 AM
by Sid Fishes Go to last post
4 195
recovery drive says empty bay by Plynn
I dont know what I did but it seems my d drive is empty and will not let me access the drive. What should I do?? I am new to windows vista however after reading the other problems I feel my problem is not so bad
June 17th 07 07:00 AM
by Plynn Go to last post
0 153
small area for groups by Griffinspc
Isn't it possible to use all the screen real estate for the Community. Why leave 2 inches on either side of the screen blank abd useless. -- See http://forums.techguy.org/ for some great free help ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane....
June 17th 07 05:31 AM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
2 152
Vista logs out when sleeping? by Carlo Razzeto
I'm running Vista Ultimate 64b on an AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ system, with asus A8N Premium board. Lately I've noticed that when vista sleeps it will log me out (seems like a rather soft logout because Virtual PC if left open won't complain about a hard shut down). Anyone hear of this type of behaviour? carlo
June 17th 07 05:19 AM
by Carlo Razzeto Go to last post
3 161
cant turn off computer by Wrona56
ok so i had vista installed on my pc from the beta and now i have vista ultimate edition and everytime i go to start than shut down computer it will turn off but not compleatley it will go to a blue screen that says critical error or somethig and than it restarts it self any tips i reformated 4 times arledy with 4 diffrent copies of vista -- img...
June 17th 07 05:12 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
6 153
Help needed for graphics drivers.... by Renegadechickenhead
i have a nvidia geforce 7600gt and everytime i attempt to load the new graphics drivers vista instals it's own at the same time as Nividia. this results in every time play games or use the magnifer on my mouse, a lot of black lines appear over the screen. if i rollback the driver to the much older version that vista supplier it resolves this problem but my performance goes down. This also...
June 16th 07 10:14 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 148
Printer Queus--clearing by Hustling Hare
I'm running V64 and a Dell printer. The printer is shared with another machine running XP. I have started a print job on the XP machine and it is stuck in the queue in a deleting state: @echo off echo. echo Purging the print queue . . . net stop Spooler echo Deleting all print jobs . . . ping localhost -n 4 nul del /q \Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*
June 16th 07 09:32 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 157
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT driver cutting off edges on 70" HDTV by klysell
Hi, Does anyone know how to fit a 70" screen using the above-noted driver without cutting off the edges? I can't see the right-hand scroll bar and the close (x) button, etc, on the top, right-hand edge of the screen. My resolution is set to 1768 by 992 pixels, and if I move the resolution up or down one setting, I either lose more of the edges of the screen or I have a huge black bar around...
June 16th 07 05:10 PM
by klysell Go to last post
3 171
Bug report by RE66
Problem with device manager driver information: In device properties - Driver Tab- "Product Version" shows the actual "File Version" while in property in the field "File Version" in device properties - Driver Tab- Deail Button - "File Version" field show the "Product Version" instead. When looking in explorer - File properties ( of a given device ) - Details you see the actual...
June 16th 07 05:08 PM
by RE66 Go to last post
0 138
HP C3180 Problem by Janusz
Hi. I have recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Premium 32. I have been having problems with HP C3180 printer&scanner. I have followed all the installation instructions and the driver for Vista installs fine. However, when I switch off the printer and then switch it on again Vista reinstalls the driver. It keeps doing from time to time. I contacted the HP support but they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 16th 07 04:36 PM
by freddy Go to last post
12 304
new to vista and help me please by mom2_4sons
ok i just got my laptop 4days ago and it is already telling me that my video drivers have caused windows to not work properly can someone please explain to me why that is and what do i do to get it fixed altho i have not had any problems with windows yet
June 16th 07 12:24 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 153
Question about DVD burning by Erich Kohl
Does Vista's built-in DVD burning capabilities support dual-layer media? I should note that I'm not necessarily referring only to Windows DVD Maker, but also the act of burning data DVDs intended to hold regular files (using the Live File System, for example). --
June 16th 07 12:17 PM
by freddy Go to last post
8 185
Adding e-SATA Drive Changes Physical Disk 0 in Logical Disk Manager - Any Problem? by Ronnie Pincus
I am running Vista Ultimate 32-bit on a SCSI boot drive, which shows correctly as Physical Disk 0 in Vista's Logical Disk Manager snap-in. It is partitioned as Drive C. I have an additional SCSI drive for data partitioned as Drive D that shows correctly as Physical Disk 1. The SCSI drives are connected to an Adaptec 19160 host adapter in the PCI slot. I recently added an external e-SATA...
June 16th 07 05:29 AM
by Ronnie Pincus Go to last post
0 120
Where is fixmbr.exe or bootsec.exe? by ocicat
I had successfully configured BCD to dual-boot Vista with OpenBSD, & it worked great, but I made the mistake of installing Ubuntu which in turn installed GRUB. At this point, I'd like to get rid of GRUB. Searching both these communities & the Internet reveals either a bootsec.exe or fixmbr.exe which might clean up my MBR of whatever GRUB wrote, but as I look on my Vista partition, I don't...
June 16th 07 02:25 AM
by ocicat Go to last post
3 215
Novice question--Video Driver by eldorado1107
How can I tell which video adapter I have. I'd like to update my driver, but I'm not sure which card I have, and I haven't been able to find out what brand/speed/model number etc, I have.
June 16th 07 02:12 AM
by eldorado1107 Go to last post
3 153
HX2495B by Mike
Ok, My Ipaq worked great on XP. Now I done a clean install of Vista. I have done everything and the unit will not connect. In control pannel, it is showing that the drivers are not installed or that they are not the correct drivers. I have contacted HP and they tell me to go to Microsoft for the drivers. I emailed Microsoft and they are telling me to go to HP. I have followed every...
June 16th 07 12:46 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
5 171
ReadyBoost is Installed... by John Murphy
....using a Sandisk 2 G Cruzer. I have 1 gig ram. My question is... do I have to re-activate it every time I install the drive, or once it is initialized, does Vista recognize & use it automatically when I plug it in?
June 16th 07 12:34 AM
by freddy Go to last post

From The