everything is green and then blue with no apparent reason. by Gypsy41165
A few weeks ago our computer crashed bigtime. Initially every thing was garbled but we were able to access safe mode and do a system restore. This fixed the garbled portion but the colors are messed up. Up till tonight it was green, then the computer crashed again and now every thing is blue. We've tried changing the color scheme and also changing the monitor settings but nothing seems to...
November 29th 07 06:18 AM
by Gypsy41165 Go to last post
0 147
Protection Stub has stopped working by gypsy
When I try to play my game (Age of Empires III) a box comes up saying Protection Stub has stopped working. I recently uninstalled DVD Play, as I am an idiot and thought it was something I didn't use, I am presuming it is because of this it is not working, however can not be sure. My comp is an HP Pavilion m7565a media center and I am using vista home premium.
June 29th 07 10:24 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 204
Another Vista and Mouse problem by GWL
I have read all the threads I can find about mouse problems and found nothing that would help. My problem is that using any USB keyboard and any PS/2 mouse combo leaves the mouse unrecognized in Vista Ultimate. Any other combination works. USB Keyboard+USB Mouse, PS/2 Keyboard+USB or PS/2 mouse all work, but any USB Keyboard and PS/2 mouse combination fails to recognize the mouse. I have...
June 24th 07 08:29 PM
by GWL Go to last post
5 204
Temp Turn Off of Vista Sync Center by GWL
I am new to using a Windows Mobile device and Sync Center. I have successfully synced what I needed, but there are times when all I want to do is work with the device in Windows Explorer. However, every time I connect the device Sync Center completes a sync faster than I can turn off the Sync. I have tried to click Stop All before I connect t to no avail. If I end the partnership, all the...
March 14th 09 02:37 PM
by GWL Go to last post
0 204
All USB ports lost, HELP by GWL
I posted this request in the only thread I could find on this problem, but nobody reponed, So I am trying here in a new request. Thursday afternoon, my computer suddenly issued a series of USB port unplugging sounds. Investigation has revealed that none of the USB ports on my machine are functioning. No USB printer, keyboard or mouse (without PS/2). There were five windows displayed with...
December 2nd 08 02:22 PM
by GWL Go to last post
2 283
Consistant Boot Error & Warning by GWL
Since loading Vista Ultimate I receive the following Error and Warning on every boot. Unfortunatly I get the following when checking for solutions at the Microsoft Web Site. "No results were found for your query. Please see Search Help for suggestions" I also get the last listed Warning on every Shutdown. I would appreciate it if someone literate in diagnostic would give me a hint on what...
July 4th 07 12:36 PM
by GWL Go to last post
4 193
Thumbdrive memory by GWJ
I have a PQ1 U230 1GB and a SanDisk 1GB. After installing Vista, my system will not read the PQ1, SanDisk works okay. I have plugged the PQ1 in other computers with XP and it works okay. Also, my system reads a CompactFlash card reader okay. I have tired different USB ports with no success. My system makes the sound and the CPU meter shows it is reading it, but the drive does not show up. My...
February 4th 07 11:32 AM
by GWJ Go to last post
0 218
External USB Hardrive - Loses Connection by GW
Hi, My external drive keeps dropping its USB connection. I can't see it as a drive in My Computer, can't access. The only way I can get access to the drive is to to reboot, or unplug the USB cable to the drive and plug back in. Thanks for your help. Tammie!
January 2nd 08 12:57 PM
by GW Go to last post
2 107
Sound hardware acceleration... by gvii
I was curious if there was a way in Vista to shut off hardware acceleration for the sound card. I'm getting sound stuttering in certain games that I normally corrected by shutting off acceleration, but I can't find a setting to do it.
October 23rd 06 10:36 AM
by Billmc Go to last post
5 220
S-Video input... by gvii
I have an AverTV 1500 MCE tuner card, and I'm trying to use the S-video input for my PS2. I see from other questions on here that MCE makes it terribly difficult to switch inputs, and that it runs a 2-3 second delay, but I cannot even install the video software that came with the card, because shortly after I run the setup, it tells me that "Windows Media Center Edition does not require...
October 30th 06 06:01 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 145
Video Error in MCE with Avermedia 1500 MCE by gvii
I keep getting this error "Video error—The video decoder has malfunctioned or is not installed.". The card is an Avermedia 1500 MCE, and worked fine for quite some time. The only change I have made recently is to replace my video card with a PNY Nvidia 7600GS 512mg ram. I originally had a Evga 6600 with 256 meg ram. Still used the same drivers, though I did reinstall them, and they are...
November 18th 06 11:26 PM
by gvii Go to last post
5 139
Vista not detecting CD-RW by guywilson
I have a Dell Dimension 4500, 2.8 GHz P4, 1Gig RAM. I loaded Vista Home Premium onto a spare partition so that I dual boot with XP. I have a DVD ROM drive (Samsung) - which Vista detects and displays every time in My Computer and Device Manager. But my NEC CD-RW it does not see - not even in Device Manager. I can make it see the drive by using detect new hardware and opening and closing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 05:37 PM
by falc410 Go to last post
14 275
Vista Battery by Guy Thomas
Goal: To preserve the LONG-TERM life of my battery. Situation: The laptop is connected to the electricity mains and a battery is installed. (Normal configuration) Question: Is there a software, or a registry setting, to disable the battery and thus stop it from (re-)charging and wearing itself out? I do realize that I can just release it and remove it, but it would be handy to achieve the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 3rd 07 02:25 AM
by JW Go to last post
10 213
Another Mouse Freezing Problem by Guy Thomas
Problem the mouse freezes. One of those intermittent problems. Onset may have coincided with installing: Netgear 108 Mbps Wireless Router Model WGT 624 At first I blamed Outlook 2007. However switching Outlook to safe mode did not cure the problem.
June 27th 07 09:32 PM
by Cordovite Go to last post
9 169
Resolution Problems by Guy Gordon and the Local 4 News Team
Ok, I got a 1440x900 monitor, with Windows Vista. When I try to choose 1440x900 on the resolutions list, it doesn't appear. I have an Intel 82945G graphics driver, with all the updates, and I can't wrap my head around it.
February 4th 07 06:56 PM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
2 263
Screen is dying after about 10 minutes by Guy
Hi, first, a rant. Could the number of discussion groups (1500!) be reduced to something less daunting for the casual non-techy user? I was overwhelmed by the number of groups and really don't know if I'm posting in the correct one. Rant over. OK here's my problem. I have a 2yo Advent 9150 laptop wth Vista HP. Last week everything was fine. This week, on boot-up, I started getting...
January 2nd 10 04:36 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
4 302
Screen is dying after about 10 minutes by Guy
Hi, first, a rant. Could the number of discussion groups (1500!) be reduced to something less daunting for the casual non-techy user? I was overwhelmed by the number of groups and really don't know if I'm posting in the correct one. Rant over. OK here's my problem. I have a 2yo Advent 9150 laptop wth Vista HP. Last week everything was fine. This week, on boot-up, I started getting...
January 2nd 10 09:56 AM
by Guy Go to last post
0 160
Missing Vista bluetooth headset profiles by guy
My bluetooth headset no longer works after "upgrading" XP Pro to Vista. Apparently, Vista only contains profiles for keyboard and mouse at this moment. Comments?
March 18th 07 09:23 AM
by guy Go to last post
3 170
Vista not detecting CD-RW Repost by guy
I have a Dell Dimension 4500, 2.8 GHz P4, 1Gig RAM. I loaded Vista Home Premium onto a spare partition so that I dual boot with XP. I have a DVD ROM drive (Samsung) - which Vista detects and displays every time in My Computer and Device Manager. But my NEC CD-RW it does not see - not even in Device Manager. I can make it see the drive by using detect new hardware and opening and closing...
March 24th 07 11:27 AM
by Guy Wilson Go to last post
3 99
Sound not working - in any way by Gutted
So I have a soundcard integrated into my motherboard, a Asus PK5, socket 775. I haven't been able to hear any sound from my new computer running Vista, and I've looked up all sorts of solutions including the ones in the Help and How-to. I've tried downloading drivers and using the ones on the CDs but neither works. Now I don't know what to do so I'm kinda sad now...
December 29th 07 08:59 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The