4GB RAM??? by mtogni
I have a brand new pc with Vista Pro and 4Gb of RAM DDR800 on board. BIOS correctly recognizes the right amount of memory but Windows don't. It reports only 3,5 RAM. Am I missing something or it's a O.S. limit? Thanks in advance. Michelangelo Togni
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 07 09:15 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
17 361
HP 7210 Officejet -- Card Reader by mts
I have installed Vista Ultimate. It found my HP 7210 just fine, I can print. But, Vista cannot see my Card Reader drives that are installed on this printer. I have tried adding the additional HP software for Vista, but to no avail. I use the card reader all of the time (under XP) to transfer photos, load music, etc. Am I missing a driver? Thanks for the help.
June 3rd 08 12:55 PM
by mts Go to last post
0 132
DVD's won't play. by mtstamas
Hi, I'm having problems playing DVD with WMP and Windows Media Center. With WMP I get a "WPM cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with Digital Copy Protection between you DVD Drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video car." message. I can see the contents of the DVD but won't play the DVD. These are not homemade DVD's.
August 11th 07 06:08 PM
by Crazy Noddy Go to last post
1 119
Recording Devices Tab always freezes by mubd
I can't use my microphone or any recording device, as when I click on the recording devices tab in sound, It freezes. The device names pop up, but then it stops responding. HELP ME PLEASE!
June 21st 09 03:08 AM
by eslate Go to last post
2 275
Microsoft Sidewinder USB Gamepad? by Muddle
Is there any way to get this device to work with Vista. I can't find Vista drivers for it at Microsoft's web site. If not is there any programmable gamepad other than the sidewinder anyone would recommend that works with Vista. I need one that can be set up to emulate keyboard keys for various games. This is the second gamepad I've purchased and neither of them works. The Logitech I...
July 1st 08 03:27 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
2 196
Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec by Muddled
I cannot get my Artec flat bed scanner to work since I changed my computer. Where might I find a driver for Vista premium please. Not technically minded so simple answers step by step appreciated. Help.
June 30th 07 11:03 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 126
Lose Audio when PCIe video plugged in by mudslinger
I have a GEForce 8500 GT 1GB DVI PCIexpress card. When I plug it into the PCIe slot I lose all audio. System works okay on normal on board video and also on a video card plugged into the PCI slot. I have installed BIOS upgrade. Tried new video and audio drivers, to no avail I am running a Gateway GT5408. Gateway was no help and the things that the vendor suggested were tried. Please!!!!!!!...
May 3rd 08 11:08 PM
by mudslinger Go to last post
0 125
DVD/CD Drive Not Working by Mufaddal Adamjee
The same thing happend to me todays as well... This morning my D: drive disappeared. Went to Device Manager and there was a yellow exclamation mark. The message was "Windows cannot initialize the device driver ." Followed troubleshooting advice: uninstalled/reinstalled. The problem still exists. Went to MS for a KB and was told that MS was aware of the problem but there was no KB at present....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 19th 08 10:48 PM
by james1009 Go to last post
24 469
Logitech Quick Cam - Fusion by Muggs
I'm having a problem with the drivers for this webcam. I can install them and everything work great.... until I shut down my computer. Then when I restart for some reason the drivers are dropped. They are still there but Windows Vista - Home Premium doesn't find them or something. So I have to go back and uninstall and reinstall them. I was on tech support with Logitech and have the...
May 4th 07 04:24 AM
by Muggs Go to last post
4 120
Ipod Drivers by muggs131
I bought an Ipod shuffle, I gig, and every time I plug it in to set it up, it keeps asking me for the driver CD. I do have Itunes latest version, but I am completely lost here. Any suggestions? jsd
June 9th 08 10:46 PM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
4 146
Page Fault error while installing Windows Vista by Muhammad Saeed Iqbal
What is Page Fault error? What could be its possible reason(s)?
November 23rd 06 03:43 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 127
Keyboard skipping tet like boardkey by Muhith
I have a strange keyboard problem with Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 700m Laptop, as when I type the cursor seems to randomly skip to earlier parts of the text. This is very annoying and makes worse of my typos. I can't see any solution for this. I have uninstalled the Standard Microsoft Natural PS/2 keyboard to no effect. If I go back to my XP Pro partition, running XP Pro, all is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 09 05:22 PM
by JenaVera Go to last post
10 332
bluetooth icon keeps reappearing... by mukooh
how can i disable this icon from permanently appearing in the taskbar..have unchecked in it msconfig..have deleted driver in control panel...have uninstalled two vaio wifi setup programs, but icon keeps reappearing...would like for it to just go away....don't like having icons in taskbar that i don't use...many thanks in advance... -- mukooh
September 9th 08 01:20 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 223
I am new and i need help by mummy2chloe
Hi I have already posted this just before but relised i had done it wrong( sorry) Ok here goes, my computer screen will go black like its turned itself off, i will be in the middle of work or doing something on the computer and it just goes black and then the whole computer restarts itself ??? i have no idea why its doing this. It came up with a message saying NV_4 disp, display driver has...
February 26th 07 05:48 AM
by mummy2chloe Go to last post
7 298
Updated list of compatibility Vista X64? by Munchmouth
Anyone have a link to an UP TO DATE compatibility list for Vista X64? I had an issue with a plantronic headset and had to restore VistaX64. This is my first time running Vista and I would like to have a list of known problem hardware or software. Thanks, Munch -- Munchmouth
February 9th 09 06:00 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 157
Windows Mobile Device Center Calendar Sync Error by muneebminhas
Hello, I'm always having trouble with synchronizing my Calendar items. Everytime I try to select the Calendars to sync for more than the default 2 weeks I get an error dialog box saying: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
December 4th 06 01:26 AM
by muneebminhas Go to last post
0 143
How do I prevent Vista from Autoinstalling drivers by mungee
I have been struggling to get my non-MCE PVR-150 to work on my Vista 64-bit Ultimate and it just wont happen. For starters Vista automatically installs drivers while Hauppauge says: Step 4 - New Driver Installation After Windows reboots, you will see the *New Hardware Found* prompt. *Cancel the New Hardware Wizard.* Run *HCWDriverInstall.exe*,...
November 29th 07 06:17 AM
by mungee Go to last post
0 134
Vista dual booting XP, doesn't read video card by Munichith
So I recently partitioned my Hitachi HDD to have 30gb for vista and the rest of the space for files and XP It runs fine. Earlier, I installed 2gb Patriot RAM 9200, I had 2gb of the same already installed, I had to remove my EVGA 8800 ultra superclocked @ 768mb to fit it in because it was blocking the slots, I then put it back in. (I installed vista after this) When I start running it, I go to...
December 26th 07 06:29 AM
by Munichith Go to last post
0 107
Compatible headset and wireless microphones for Vista 32 OS by Murali
Can someone help me with a list of microphones that have been verified to work with Windows Vista 32 bit OS. I NEED TO USE SPEECH APPLICATIONS I have tried PLANTRONICS 400 USB- DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. BAD SOUND LEVEL GARBAGE RECORDED. VOICE RECOGNITION SIMILAR TO THE YOU-TUBE VIDEO OF MICROSOFT'S DESIGN ENGINEER MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF ON CNBC PHILIPS SPEECH MIKE- SAME PROBLEM AS ABOVE
January 26th 08 12:42 AM
by Murali Go to last post
0 105
Volume Control Capacitive Strip not working by murmac
Hi all; the volume touch controls (above keyboard) stopped responding; any ideas greatly appreciated Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 24th 09 07:31 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post

From The