Some Common n Major Probs In Vista........ by cool_besoil5000
COM Surrogate & other proceses has stopped working Hey..! I'm using Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Vista(TM) Ultimate Verision 6.0 (Build 6000) I'm facing some problems which are listed below...Plz Suggest some solution....! Problems Are... 1. COM Surrogate Has Stopped Working...... 2. My Windows Media Player stops working whenever I play some Video or Movie in it. but it plays Music(MP3) files....!
June 10th 07 07:18 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 213
Dell USB front ports and Vista by Paul
I just received my new Dimension C521 from Dell running under Vista. When trying to connect a Kodak camera and a Pilot Tungsten e2 to the FRONT USB ports, I consistently got the "USB device not recognzied" message. I went to the discussion group area assuming this was a Vista problem. However, I plugged the devices into the back USB ports and they worked fine. Dell technical support...
June 10th 07 06:47 PM
by Paul Go to last post
6 215
Western Digital My Boo External by Sherrie51
-- I just purchased a new pc with VISTA. I have just about everything installed and tweeked except for two things that are really bothering me. One..Something is constantly accessing my external usb hard drive. Two-Something is constantly accessing my interal hard drive. Is there something I can disable, especially for the external drive.
June 10th 07 05:08 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 236
Vista freezes everytime I insert a disc by allambee
Boy have I been having trouble! One issue is that anytime I insert a disc to install a driver or modem Vista freezes and I cannot pull up task manager and have had to manually shut down my computer (XPS 410) numerous times. Any ideas? Thanks
June 10th 07 12:42 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 205
Safely remove hardware on Vista by Madhu Menon
I have windows Vista home premium on my PC. My question is - Is it normal for the screen to go black for a couple of seconds when "Safely remove hardware" is opened and also when a device is stopped? Your advice would be appreciated.
June 10th 07 10:48 AM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
2 193
ReadyBoost with ExpressCard SSD by K Lubinsky
I recently purchased a Lexar Expresscard SSD 8 GB drive. I can set it to 4090 MB of ReadyBoost (the recommended). When I try to bump it to the max on the slider (a little over 5 GB) and then apply and close the window, it drops all the way down to 900 MB. It will not let me set it any higher than the recommended. Shouldn't I be able to use as much as is available on the drive? I have a...
June 10th 07 08:10 AM
by Rock Go to last post
4 203
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v5.10.04 by Scott
I just bought a USB 2.0 BT dongle that comes with captioned stack. Can someone advise me where can I find the user guide for using it. Thanks, Scott
June 10th 07 03:29 AM
by Scott Go to last post
2 199
You say you can't get that HP to work with Vista? by Harry Krause
http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=110571&page=53
June 10th 07 01:30 AM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
1 260
New nVidia Drivers (158.24) and new LightScribe software by Cal Bear '66
nVidia ver. 158.24 (June 1, 2007) http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html Light Scribe (June 1, 2007) http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx?id=810 -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 10th 07 01:16 AM
by Tomislav Go to last post
22 576
DVD writer not being recognized by Vista by Drem
I used to have an IDE drive with XP, bought a SATA drive for Vista, but now my IDE HP dvd640 isn't showing up in my Explorer. Bought a brand new LGGSA-H62L SATA dvd drive and that too will not show up. This is the message I am getting: This device cannot start. (Code 10) "Could not load drivers software"
June 9th 07 11:50 PM
by Drem Go to last post
2 230
Hola (espaƱol psxx) by ronald_lobo
Bueno..... Quiero saber mas de las funciones de windows vista!
June 9th 07 09:37 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 189
I Need Help from a hardcore serious overclocker only. by Paul Eaton
i back in the day purchased a mid highend gaming pc this is what it consitsts of. dfi lanparty dr-expert motherboard nf4sli ultra psu 600watt xconnect 2 amd dualcore 3800+ X2 toledo core 1.45v thermaltake toldeo cpu fan variable speed a/m -/+ 200rpm/5600rpm mushkin pc-3200drr 3-3-3-8 400 2.6v xfx 7800GT pci-x 256ddr3 460/1100 2 maxtor sata II 300Gb
June 9th 07 09:19 PM
by Paul Eaton Go to last post
2 193
Usb Hub's by Bill Davis Jr
I have an Asus P5B-Deluxe running Vista Ulitmate 32bit. I am running out of Usb ports so I went to my local retail shop and purchased a powered 2.0 Usb Hub. I plug the usb hub into a port that is directly on the motherboard. Vista says the device is installed correctly. I plug my Sandisk memory disk reader as per instruction. Samething Vista says it has been installed correctly. So I instered a...
June 9th 07 07:16 PM
by Don Go to last post
2 201
monitor by Babs
On my new vista pc there is line down the right side of the monitor - about 1 inch from the edge
June 9th 07 05:51 PM
by Babs Go to last post
3 223
Vista Mystery by babaloo
I have SCSI card for which Adaptec posted Vista drivers soon after Vista was released. For several months the drivers would never install. Vista would not recognize them as Vista drivers. One day out of boredom I tried installing the drivers again from the same file where they have been sitting since day one with no changes. Voila, the SCSI card was recognized and has worked ever...
June 9th 07 05:15 PM
by babaloo Go to last post
0 164
External USB hard drives by Mike
I have an iomega 80 gig and a western digital 250 gig drive. I am running a Dell xsp pc with Vista Home Preimum. I can connect any of the drives to a pc with windows xp and they are immediately found. When connecting to the dell with vista they are not found and when searching both the web and the pc for the drivers, they are not found. Any suggestions??
June 9th 07 04:17 PM
by Mike Go to last post
5 155
Unknown device messages for generic volumes by David Edwards
I have a rather annoying display of new hardware messages that appear when Vista first boots. They can never find the appropriate driver, and if I ask for the new hardware to be ignored in future, the computer will then fail to boot in Vista. I have tracked these to the disk partitions on the second drive. The device manager lists three Generic volumes and three Unknown devices under Storage...
June 9th 07 04:04 PM
by David Edwards Go to last post
2 165
kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording speed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows Vista-based computer by Sebastien Jean
I need this hotfix for Vista x64 please: kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording speed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows Vista-based computer
June 9th 07 02:49 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 180
RasClient error 633 on Vista x64 by Hikari
Hello, Recently I noticed irritating problem with my Vista x64 - it cannot sleep due to RasClient error. When I press sleep button my LCD turnes off, there is a special screen, but after this LCD goes black and PC is still working (I can see that hdd led is blinking). After 10-15 minuts of such a situation the computer restarts. Event Viewer shows RasClient error:
June 9th 07 01:21 PM
by Hikari Go to last post
9 225
Laptop Tosh Equium turns off wireless networking when booting by pete
My laptop insists on turning off wireless networking at start up even though the switch on the side of the laptop is in the on position. This is very annoying, does anyone know how to fix this as I always want windows to boot with wireless on. Many Thanks for any replies.
June 9th 07 11:40 AM
by freddy Go to last post

From The