Strange P4 HT CPU behavior when turning on HP computer. CPU usage by GT
My CPU usage keep going up from 1% through 36%, 46%, 50% randomly and then goes back to 1% again. CPU usage keep going up and down this seem to happen when i hear my harddrive make a whistling sound. I disable my antivirus that are running and it also happen when computer is not being use. No software are installed only a clean install Vista and antivirus. The only solution seem to put the...
February 20th 07 10:05 PM
by GT Go to last post
2 229
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC anyone know if this by GT
I have Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC in my motherboard. Is anyone using Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC to connect to the internet?
March 28th 07 05:10 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 119
Itron Tech in Windows Update need more information about it. by GT
Itron Tech is available in Window Update as a optional install but I still haven't install it since I'm not sure what the update do because it does not have enough information and it was release on august 2006. Is this for HP remote control and HP remote sensor?
April 19th 07 10:44 PM
by GT Go to last post
0 193
need a adapter that turn sata connector to four pin connector? by GT
My power supply has a 2 x SATA cables for sata harddrive but I'm not using this 2 sata connector since i have IDE harddrive. I would like to use this sata cables for a fan with a 4 pin molex for power. are there any adapter to turn sata connectors to a four pin connector?
May 7th 07 05:56 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
1 314
new update AC'97 audio Vista driver 2007/5/10 by GT
Just notice that Realtek release a new update for AC'97 audio Vista Driver. Just want let anyone know about it. anyone know if this is digitally sign?
June 3rd 07 04:15 AM
by Grae Go to last post
5 123
(Ati Catalyst 7.6) CCC.exe not loading in standard user account by GT
CCC.exe is not loading in standard user account when i turn on my computer. anyone having the same problem?
June 30th 07 12:22 AM
by GT Go to last post
1 112
need a software that shows temperature for CPU, GPU, HD, MB by GT
It's been really hot in my house and my computer temperature has gone up. Bios is showing 40c/102f. I need a software that can show the temperature for CPU, GPU, HD, MB when using OS. any recommendation what software to use?
July 27th 07 12:10 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
3 131
someone in my area is using a wav. High impulse pitch sound by GT
Someone in my neighborhood is using some type of High-Frequency Pulsing sound that is getting on my nerve and i believe only young people is hearing this frequency. What type of sound is this and where can i get it? Here's an article about how that damn sound annoy young people. http://www.yellowswordfish.com/183/buzz-buzz/
August 22nd 07 04:32 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 106
Having problem choosing which side to place heatsink. by GT
I got thermalright xp-90 and I'm having problem choosing which side to place the heatsink. If i put it to the left side the heatsink 92mm fan would be close to the rear 120mm exhaust fan and the 120mm PSU fan by below 1 inch and it would also blow air on alot of transistor and small chips. If i put it on the right side it would be in the middle far away from the rear 120mm exhaust fan and...
August 24th 07 02:15 PM
by peter Go to last post
1 122
HP still not providing drivers, software, bios updates? by GT
Why hp still not providing drivers, software, bios updates? I've been looking at HP website and they only provide vista driver for 2006 models computer.
March 15th 07 02:40 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 120
HP PS/2 Multimedia Keyboard Kbd.exe software compatibility with Vi by GT
i'm wondering if software Kbd.exe(logitech) for HP PS/2 Multimedia Keyboard/mouse work properly in Windows Vista. I clean install so i'm using the one that comes in Vista. so far the only update they have is Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Driver Update - sp26752 and release on 2006-06-15 version: 1.0.2.6.
March 14th 07 04:21 PM
by GT Go to last post
0 111
Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought by GT
Is this graphic card enough to run aero? if i use this card will it also use my system memory to run aero? and can i use nvidia drivers or the manufacturer for the card have to give it. What does it mean if it's a Low Profile video card? will this fit on any desktop computer. or is this card for small portable computer? ASUS N6200/TD/128 GeForce 6200 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Low Profile...
February 26th 07 06:03 PM
by GT Go to last post
4 463
How does Aero glass look on Ati Radeon 9550? by GT
Does it look or perform similar to the midrange or high end graphic card? I read somewhere that low end graphic card like Ati Radeon 9550 256mb will not show aero that well and that midrange video card is best for aero. Is this really true?
March 2nd 07 06:05 PM
by KDenton Go to last post
6 219
Do i need to install Catalyst® 7.2 Display Driver for Windows Vist by GT
Today i bought Ati Radeon 9500 just to try it out and might return it if the experience is not good. So far it's doing pretty well on my old computer. when i inserted the card it automically had the drivers and was installed by Window Vista. Display Adapter: RADEON 9550 (Microsoft Corporation WDDM) Do i need to install Catalyst 7.2 Display Driver for Window Vista? what are the advantage of...
March 3rd 07 03:06 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
4 212
First UAC secure desktop prompt not so smooth on Ati Radeon 9550. by GT
First UAC secure desktop prompt is not so smooth in Ati Radeon 9550. During the first UAC prompt triggered by me my monitor completely get black and blank nothing is showing, pauses for 1-2 second and then it shows the UAC box prompt. The blank, black screen also shows when logging off and logging on. Has anyone experience this on Ati Radeon 9550 or any graphic card? I had Ati Radeon 9200...
March 4th 07 09:09 AM
by BillD Go to last post
1 208
is Visiontek X1300 512mb graphic card stable in Vista? by GT
is Visiontek X1300 512mb graphic card stable in Vista? I'm going to return Ati Radeon 9550 agp 8x and replace it with Visiontek x1300 512m graphic card instead. Is the rating for this card 4.5?
March 7th 07 10:08 AM
by BillD Go to last post
4 210
HP Pavilion Vista E-mail Support respond about drivers, updates. by GT
What do they say when problem cannot be solve. has anyone gotten this also? all this email is BS until HP actually release the damn drivers and updates. I apologize for the delay in answering your message. Due to the increased volume of messages we receive daily, our response time has increased. Now the issue in hand: I would like to inform you that there are many compatibility issues with
March 10th 07 05:43 PM
by GT Go to last post
2 179
HP need to release drivers and softwares on PC and printer. by GT
HP need to release drivers and software on PC and printer. HP is one of the biggest PC manufacterer and they can't even provide driver and software instead they expect user to look for drivers.
March 11th 07 10:46 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
7 149
New 2007/2/7 Realtek AC'97 audio driver. Will this work on mine? by GT
system: HP PC P4 HT 2.8ghz, 1.5gb, 160gb, Ati 9550 I have Realtek AC'97 audio motherboard. I have not installed this as I'm waiting for HP to provide the driver if they ever do one. Has anyone installed this and find it stable enough to be used. Is it driver only or will this include both driver and a software package. I have not installed this as I'm waiting for HP to provide the...
March 11th 07 04:39 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 146
P4 HT computer/ Event: 6, Source: Kernel-Processor-Power, Level: E by GT
Source: Kernel-Processor-Power Event ID: 6 Level: Error User: System Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
April 9th 08 08:47 AM
by GT Go to last post

From The