Found new HW fails to check WIN\system32 folder by ash3678
Whenever I install any hardware, the Found New Hardware wizard pops up and does not autmatically check the Windows\System32 folder. The drivers are there and if I direct the wizard to check the folder, the drivers are found and installed correctly. Is there a way to get the wizard to automatically check Windows\System32 on it's own ???
November 17th 07 12:55 AM
by ash3678 Go to last post
0 110
PARADYNE USB modem drivers for windows vista by ashfaq ahmed
i have a permenent internet connection at myhome. i was using this connection on my desktop PC. now i have bought a new laptop HP COMPAQ V6000 PERSARIO. now when i install the drivers for the modem on my laptop and connect the modem, it gives an error (alert), "the target operating system is not supported". please guide me what should i do. reagrds, ashfaq ahmed 923335547628
August 2nd 07 07:20 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 151
Windows Vista USB devices 'remove safely' by Ashish
Hi, I recently installed windows vista. I noticed that when I choose 'Remove safely' option for USB devices from task bar, the OS reports successful disconnection, but the USB device still keeps on charging (It seems to be receiving power). But in Windows XP, this was not so. Those LED's use to turn of once I do the above action. Is this a change in Windows Vista or there is some other...
April 5th 08 11:53 AM
by Chris Michaelides[_2_] Go to last post
6 203
Vista Business updates don't like RAID1 by Ashish[_2_]
One machine in my office is used as a file server i.e. all files by all the staff members are stored in that machine. I have installed *licensed Vista Business* in that machine. Yeah, I am brave (or is that called stupid?) :p For data safety, I have *RAID1* in that machine (RAID card and two HDs *mirroring* the data). Many times after update, Vista cannot recognise RAID and therefore cannot...
September 26th 08 07:14 AM
by DL Go to last post
5 196
System Boot Fail;ure Beeping by Ashley Clements
System running Vista Home Premium Upgrade since release and all updates automaticaly downloaded. On Startup, a long beep followed by 2 short beeps occurs, by switching off power supply and restarting system will boot mostly on first restart but sometimes it takes up to 4. When system on brown off button or "restart there are no problems only when powered shut down. I have checked boot...
January 16th 08 04:12 PM
by peter Go to last post
1 148
ATK0110 ACPI driver solved! by asidscript
Right so here is the story! ATK = Asus Tek Hot KEY ATK0110 is a driver for the ACPI utillity on your asus laptop If your using 32 there should be an installer if not follow the 64bit instructions below. For 64bit installations you need to do it the good old collage style way. Device manager and update manually. Before we start any of the "you need to give permission screens" just
June 12th 09 07:51 PM
by asidscript Go to last post
0 317
Smart Card - DOD CAC not working in VISTA by Asim
Hi, I am testing an upgrade to Vista and have issues with smartcard. I did a clean install of Vista and installed the smart card drivers for xp without any problem but when I try to insert the smart card nothing happens. Device manager reports that the smart card driver is ok and the device is working properly. I also checked the services and they come up with no problems. I also try...
January 15th 09 02:09 AM
by cougerjd Go to last post
7 388
Pre Vista DVD RAM uninstall by Asker1
Pre Vista upgrade readiness list for my machine says to uninstall my DVD RAM driver. If I uninstall the driver for my dvd ram will my machine still read from the drive when I insert the Vista disk?
February 5th 07 02:18 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post
3 171
no more auto run can't find the right registry by asmorrey1
Basically My autorun no longer works. Searched on the internet and attempted to find the correct registry entry *NoDriveTypeAutoRun. However i could not find this registry and now don't know how to proceed to sort out this problem. Anyhelp would be much appreciated! * -- asmorrey1
August 4th 08 08:50 PM
by PaulM Go to last post
6 207
Cannot Write to DVD Drive by asolution
To Any Good Hardware and/or Software Samaritan, I have very strange problem that started about 3 months ago. It started out of the blue for some reason that I cannot figure. I cannot now write to my pair of DVD/CD drives (Plextor Model PX-755SA). They are recognized by the system and can read any DVD/CD that is place in them. However, with that said, every time I stick a fresh disk...
December 25th 08 08:57 PM
by asolution Go to last post
3 175
Bluetooth problems with Dell d620 (Toshiba BT) by aspa
hi I'm having problems setting up the Bluetooth on a Dell d620. I've downloaded the BT driver package for Windows XP from Dell support site and tried installing it. There were some problems during installation but the package appears to have been installed. In general, is there any hope that XP applications and drivers will work on Vista?
November 16th 06 07:28 AM
by Mostapha Go to last post
2 134
sideshow by asperger
when can we expect a sideshow removable device, i.e. a pocket-pc/communication device that slides into the main computer; so instead of a merely a secondary display on a laptop, we can have a secondary removable slave device. just a thought, i can see leaving my laptop at the desk during lunch/meetings and simply un-docking my sideshow device. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for...
October 4th 06 04:19 PM
by asperger Go to last post
0 225
can't install microsoft wireless mouse by asphaltsally
I have Vista 32-bit Ultimate on my laptop that is completely up to date. I have bought a brand new microsoft notebook wireless optical mouse 3000 and it won't install. I've gone to the microsoft website and downloaded and installed intellipoint 6.2 like the "problems and solutions" center says to do and after reboot the computer still says it needs to install the driver, can't find it,...
July 24th 08 12:08 AM
by asphaltsally Go to last post
3 238
graphics card upgrade to GeForce 8800 GT - mce won't work by asphaltsally
I have Vista Ultimate with AM2 Socket, AMD 4400+ dual core processor. I recently upgraded my graphics card from NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS to NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT XXX, and now when I try to watch live TV or record TV or watch shows recorded before the upgrade I get this error: "Video error; Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Windows...
December 27th 07 09:39 PM
by asphaltsally Go to last post
4 165
wireless by aspnet
hi, i've just installing windows vista rc1. i've a dikom zd1211 wireless adapter. if i use wireless for connect to the internet my computer stop to work and i have to restart it. if i use a usb modem internet run correctly. thank's aspnet
November 3rd 06 10:14 PM
by aspnet Go to last post
0 152
Halo by asportspro
I am thinking about buying Halo: Combat Evolved for my windows vista rc1 build 5600 computer (previoiusly windows xp). I had all requirerments before vista but i am not sure if it will work in vista. Does anyone know if Halo: Combat Evolved works in vista?
October 29th 06 05:03 AM
by asportspro Go to last post
0 358
dvd/rw driver code 39 by asscherlover
I seem to be having the same problem as a few others, except, I bought this computer with vista already installed and my dvd/rw already installed, both by the manufacturer. So I'm not sure where to go.
February 19th 07 01:56 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 155
Vista 64 and Logitech G7 Mouse... by AstaLaVista
After reading a bunch of threads here and somewhere else, I found out that the only way for some of my G7 mouse button options to work under Crysis was to make my G7 mouse run as an admininistrator, I did that and it worked perfect but now, everytime I restart or reboot Vista, I have to go to the obnoxious process of allowing and comfirming to Vista that I want to run the mouse as an admin. Is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 08 09:05 AM
by daflyinpig Go to last post
11 534
system not turning on.. by astrofighter
Ive already posted this on another part pf the site, but after reading through some other threads, not quite sure if ive put it in the right place. i put it in a drivers category? Hi all, sorry im new here, and just very stressed.. My other half has gone to work and took my laptop to work, leaving me with his.. Its an Acer aspire 5920.. He has very little understanding of computers, and as he...
November 30th 08 02:25 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 387
Cursor freaks out. by AsukaSaruwatati
Alright, I have looked at a few of these threads and they all spoke about how their Cursors freak out by flying around the page and pushing buttons. My is slightly related to that. When I am typing, at times where my Cursor is, it'll click there and begin typing. So I am basically typing in a middle of a sentence. I am not sure if it is the touch pad, but it also does when I use my Wacom Bamboo...
January 6th 09 12:20 AM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post

From The