Program Problem/Drivers by Jerrynl34
I have downloaded HDDlife program and am getting an error, "No HDD's with SM.A.R.T. I contacted the source and was told that the problem as they saw it was that the motherboard had a driver (nVidia chipset) and that I needed to uninstall the IDE part of the drivers and rollback to default Vista drivers which support SMART. Any Ideas? Jerrynl34
March 7th 08 08:56 PM
by Jerrynl34 Go to last post
2 142
CD_ROM Driver Is Corrupted by Slimgrayd
My CD-ROM quit working one day. i went to Device Manager to see what the problem was. It says "Driver is corrrupted or missing (Error Code:39) I bought a NEW drive and still the same message, So its not the drive itself. The windows Driver is corrupted because its still there i looked. HOWEVER, windows cant locate a solution to the problem and i cant reinstall the driver with my Vista Disk...
March 7th 08 09:27 PM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
3 161
Line in by tindog
Why has Microsoft removed the Line In option from the recording devices?
March 7th 08 11:03 PM
by Curious Go to last post
8 357
memory problem by kenny g
have an asus a7n8x-x mb with amd athlon 2500 cpu. was running with 3x512 mem tried to upgrade to 3x 1gig. running vista home basic it will not boot with anything over 2 gig total. anyone with any ideas (other than a new system)?
March 7th 08 11:33 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 159
New Flash Drive says it needs a driver by onemulligan
I just purchased a SanDish 4GB Flash Drive. When I put it in the USB drive a box comes up saying it needs a driver. I called SanDisk and they had me get patch #KB937187. I got it from Microsoft but the flash drive still is not recognized as a USB device. Can someone tell me what I can do to fix this? thank you
March 8th 08 12:22 AM
by onemulligan Go to last post
2 160
What Happened to m.p.w.v.general? by Morton
Hi, I have a mystery on my hands. I subscribe to many newsgroups, through optonline cable. With m.p.w.v.general, I have no incoming posts since February 19, 2008. When I send a post to that group, all seems ok at my end, but it never reaches the group. All my other groups are ok. Any idea what the problem could be?
March 8th 08 03:23 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 145
Text to Speeck, Narrator by Francis
1. Narrator will not start. 2. Error when I try to change Voice, Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working. 3. How do I find out what’s stopping Narrator working. 4. How do I reinstall the Narrator system.
March 8th 08 12:47 PM
by Francis Go to last post
0 149
Kensington expert trackball by terry
there is no place to customize my 4 button trackball. Does someone know how to solve this. using vista ultimate/ kensington expert usb trackball
March 8th 08 02:23 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 165
Safely Remove Hardware Shows C Drive by ShawnVH1
I just noticed my Vista machine that the Safely Remove Hardware icon is in the system tray. What I'm perplexed by and a little worried about is that there are 2 items in the tray that can be removed. One is the C/D Drive of the computer and the other is the DVD/RW drive of the computer. I don't think that this has always been there but I could be wrong. I have children and would hate for...
March 8th 08 02:37 PM
by ShawnVH1 Go to last post
2 208
microphone volume by jpetersen_mmc
I own a dell inspiron 1501 and i am running windows vista basic. My volume is way to low. I tried turning the volume and boost all the way up. please help. -- Cat Peterson
March 8th 08 03:03 PM
by ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS Go to last post
1 171
Mouse and window positions by Sam
Here is a strange one. If I have a window open and move my mouse over to the left or top edge to resize the window, the cursor changes to the double arrow not on the border but inside the window a bit. On the other two sides the cursor changes outside the window a bit. If I click on the mouse, the cursor edges over to the correct position on the appropriate border.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 8th 08 03:29 PM
by klbmarsh[_2_] Go to last post
14 349
CD_ROM Driver Error by Slimgrayd
I've had Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit for about 4 months now. When I got it and installed it my DVD-RW drive worked fine, read and burned. Now my Drive no longer works. I checked in Device Manager it says that "windows was unable to load driver, file is missing or corrupted (Error Code:39). I bought a new DVD-RW drive and im still getting that message. I tried Windows Update and i tried...
March 8th 08 05:01 PM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
6 198
screen saver gone by Edg1
A while back I got an upgrade from intel, it screwed everything up. I deleted it and most everything is ok now except i have lost my screen saver . where in my computer do I go to re-activate it and how do I get there? I have a Dell 530 with windows home vista.
March 8th 08 05:22 PM
by Edg1 Go to last post
2 131
Size HD incorrect by Marcus
Hello, I don't speak(write) english very well, sorry me for error. I bought a notebook (HP) with Windows Vista. The Vista give me a size incorrect of space used and space free. Difference of 20 GB of the space real used. Some Solution? thank and sorry me by bad written.
March 8th 08 05:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 114
screensaver gone 2 by Edg1
to clear up what i have: dell inspiron 530 windows home premium microsoft works 8.5 intel core duo e4500 integrated intel graphics media accelerator 3100 dell 19 in 1 media card reader. my screensaver is gone the screen says" screensaver can't run-requires newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct 3d". this is nonsense, my computer came installed with screensaver.where do i go in...
March 8th 08 11:58 PM
by Edg1 Go to last post
0 108
HP LaserJet 1012: Update Failing to Install, Vista Constantly Fails to Install Driver by T. Hulot
Hello. I'm having an enormous amount of trouble getting my HP LaserJet 1012 laser printer recognized by Vista Home Premium. Here's what's going on: This is the second time I've installed Vista Home Premium. (It's a legit copy, full version, not upgrade.) The first time, I had some trouble getting the laser printer recognized, but eventually I got it working.
March 9th 08 12:22 AM
by jabloomf1230 Go to last post
5 113
Printer Cable by Christopher A. Shipe
Dose anyone knows if they make a printer cable: I received a new lab top and it didn't come with the older printer jack on the computer. I guess I need to use one of the usb ports? My Epson 660 still works I hate the idea of getting a new printer when my old one works.
March 9th 08 01:10 AM
by John Go to last post
4 140
Roxio by Kathy
When I try to use Roxio DVD creater, the program says "drive not detected" I have tried re-installing using Recovery Manager, but still does not work. Any ideas??? -- Kathy
March 9th 08 01:34 AM
by Kathy Go to last post
6 212
Problem with Acer Laptop by David[_16_]
Upgraded from 1 gig to 2 gig memory, about once a week sometimes more often it gets hot enough to shut down, is it the memory or the laptop. Used Kingston memory.
March 9th 08 04:33 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 112
Gamma Rays Setting for Windows vista - stop the radiation by computer know how[_2_]
How does one change the gamma rays setting for windows vista basic. I just upgraded 2 months ago from windows xp. In windows xp a person can click on advance settings, click color tab, then change the gamma rays setting. Does any body know how to change the gamma rays setting for windows vista basic?
March 9th 08 04:48 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post

From The