usb drive not disconnecting from the computer by krish na
dear friends, my problem is that when once i plug in my usb drive or any hardwares (eg: ipods), it starts fuctioning , but when i try to remove it from the computer, the message "safe to remove hardware from the computer" appears , but the device would not have been actually stopped working. so i am forced to remove my hardwares even when the devices are working by which i fear that my...
March 10th 08 02:20 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 194
Parallel to USB Cable Installation by phil allen
I am trying to use a SYBA USB to Parallel Cable to support my Color LaserJet 5 printer underVISTA. I checked SYNA and they stated support for only SPP mode but don't know where to change to SPP mode. Also, is there a special driver to change theinterface from Parallel to USB? I also tried using the installed Manhattan Parallel Port card but the result is always the same - data is loaded...
March 10th 08 02:43 PM
by jimrx4 Go to last post
4 181
My modem just disappeared by tab
I have no modem listed in my hardware. I was online the day before and the next day I could not get online so I checked for something wrong with the chords. No problems, but after checking my hardware under computer there is no modem listed. I have DSL modem w/router connected via ethernet cable and using Vista for maybe a year. No new hardware/software has been connected.
March 10th 08 04:24 PM
by cdcollins1 Go to last post
2 150
updating error 80070103 by bobnoj
I keep getting "Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Internet(R) 945 Express chipset family" in my windows update, and it keeps giving me error code 80070103, which states that I already have a better version of this driver... but I use Windows Vista Home Premium, which does NOT allow me to say "no, i do not want this update, dont show it again" how do I make this update go away?...
March 10th 08 05:42 PM
by XenPuOSN Go to last post
2 151
Maxtor One Touch III USB 2 by Keysmiata
Good Morning, I write grant proposals (on a voluntary basis) for a non-profit charitable organization, and they sent me the Maxtor external drive full of data. I am running a Dell XPS 410 with Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit). This bugger tells me I have to initialize the disk! I am NOT computer savy these days (old age) and do not understand many technical terms - such as, I haven't a...
March 10th 08 05:53 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
1 154
Integrated Camera got lost by Trish the Dish
I have an Integrated camera on my system. I went use and the software for the program cannot find it! It is listed as a piece of hardware on the computer. How do I hook it all together so it will work?
March 10th 08 10:13 PM
by Rodney Farmer Go to last post
1 167
Palm PDA and Vista by Sister PDA
I have a Sony Clie TJ27 that worked fine in XP Pro. The new laptop has Vista. I loaded the Palm Desktop software and it synced once. Now it does not recognize the device. I have clicked on Run as Administrator and XP compatible. Is it possible to reload just this driver in case it is corrupted? Thanks, Sister
March 10th 08 10:15 PM
by Wolfgang Sirges Go to last post
2 195
DVD dives not recognised by Rodger Anderson
Hi, I am running Vista Home Premium, Academic, and it will not recognise my DVD drives. The drivers are loaded but I cannot run any disks from them and they do not show on ‘My Computer’. Can anyone assist please?
March 10th 08 10:57 PM
by therock[_5_] Go to last post
6 183
Thinking Of Going To x64, My Setup........ by therock[_3_]
Hi folks, First post here. ( I think) So if I'm in the wrong place or you have links to help please toss em over. I'm gonna put a list of devices and software and if you see something that will not run please tell me. The OS * Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM.
March 10th 08 11:05 PM
by therock[_6_] Go to last post
7 178
Total USB failure by dkmcf
For the third time in about a month my Vista Business will not respond to any USB ports or devices. I have already tried KB940199 and KB941600, no luck. I have not yet tried fiddling with infcache.1, I will try that next. The last two times I unplugged everything and hiked the computer over to the campus computer shop and then everything magically worked again -- maybe my computer just...
March 10th 08 11:06 PM
by fastheeltoe Go to last post
3 130
Computer Freezes after coming out of sleep by Apotheoun
My computer (HP m9000t) freezes up after coming out of sleep mode. I have tried turning off sleep / hybrid sleep / hibernate, but the computer still goes into "sleep" of some kind. When it comes out of sleep, I can hear a whirling sound, which could be the harddrive starting up, but moments later it sounds like it spins down and stops, and then the whole computer freezes up, and I have to turn...
March 11th 08 12:32 AM
by Apotheoun[_5_] Go to last post
7 198
Sleep mode by Bob B
WhenI put computer to sleep it stays asleep for 1 minute then turns back on without touching the mouse or keyboard
March 11th 08 12:45 AM
by Bare Foot Kid[_42_] Go to last post
1 181
readyboost by Troy Marrs
Is my 256mb thumb drive making a difference to my 1gb installed ddr2 pc2-4200, athlon 64 live 4200 dual core system?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 11th 08 05:40 AM
by Spirit[_3_] Go to last post
28 591
Printer Suggestion? by CT
I use all HP products. Since installing Vista, the scanner and HP Photosmart 8450 are working. The laser printer is a relic from the previous century. I am going to have to replace it. Any suggestions on which HP lasers might work with Vista? They all SAY they work with windows, but not necessarily which version. I am considering both B&W and color, and work out of a home office. Your...
March 11th 08 12:57 PM
by Stuart Sabatini Go to last post
2 191
Laptop by James
where did they hide the profiles in Vista? I need to set up a dock and undock profile Thanks
March 11th 08 02:14 PM
by James Go to last post
0 162
USB Ports by MikeGTW
My customer is running a program that requires a com port (Serial Port). we are using a USB to serial adapter configured for com 4. We are experiencing a problem that disconnects the external device after about 4-5 hours forcing us to do a system restart and a reconfigure of the external device not the USB to serial adapter. we have disabled the hibernate feature and can only think that the...
March 11th 08 03:48 PM
by MikeGTW Go to last post
0 180
Mouse freezes on full mode by klaus
I have an hp pavilion desktop pc with windows vista home premium, tow days ago, for no apparent reason after logging in, the mouse freezes on the pc, sometimes also the backspace doesn`t responde on the password, the thing is, they are basic generic keyboard an mouse, both ps/2, and in safe mode they work just fine!! What could be loading in full mode that makes a conflict with the mouse?? I...
March 11th 08 04:19 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 185
internal error by lp
i keep getting an internal error 2908 does anyone know what this means?? -- thnx lp
March 11th 08 04:50 PM
by lp Go to last post
0 174
Vista is blocking startup programs by Dawg53
I have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo. The software that it uses is SetPoint. This software allows me to customize buttons on the mouse and keyboard. Every time I startup windows, it blocks the startup of SetPoint. I have to tell it to allow the program. Is there a way for me to make Vista always allow the startup of this program? I have constantly run software updates for...
March 11th 08 06:40 PM
by cpemma[_4_] Go to last post
3 185
Monitor by Palrainus
I get the following message when I bring up Photoshop CS3: "Lenovo Thinkpad LCD Monitor appears to be defective. Plear run your monitor calibration software" Does anyone now where to find this monitor calibration program so as to run it. I have a Vista operating system. -- ?????
March 11th 08 07:03 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post

From The