  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
silicon image 3132 controller by dimitris_greece
hi i have the motherboard k8n diamond plus and i have raid 0 my question is will windows vista support the sil 3132 controller ? because it's a new operating system and to my opinion it's a mistake not support chipsets that are already in the market and as a user i must run to find a driver and to compromise no to have raid 0 it's in the rc1 version and i am worried about it
October 12th 06 01:09 AM
by Brad Go to last post
3 358
Here's how to make disapperared DVD/CD-drives re-appear by Alexander
Check this KB-article. It's about disappearing CD-ROM or DVD-drives in Windows XP. But the first solution mentioned also worked when my Lite/On DVD/rewriter disappeared after the first restart of Vista. A common problem that many mention. The article is at support.microsoft.com/kb/314060. Success!
October 12th 06 03:37 AM
by Alejo Go to last post
4 189
Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G Card by Ultra Rebel
I'm working @ Vodafone Solutions Support New Zealand. We are still investigating this issue but I advise to keep trying and playing with the card on Win Vista, as Vista is still changing some releases might work and others not. I will try to post when we have a reliable test ourself. Ultra Rebel "Bigsib" wrote: I have all ready contacted Vodafone about this issue, in the curt email
October 11th 06 09:37 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 203
post iPod ejecting problem by Browncoat
I typically don't bump topics--but I am having the exact same problem--iPod enters infinte loop once I plug it in. When it is done updating, it automatically disconnects. As soon as it disconnects, it automagically reconnects--therefore making it impossible to unmount it by any means oher than yanking the plug. "BrokeStudent" wrote: Short-of-the-long... when ejecting my iPod from the...
October 12th 06 02:48 AM
by Browncoat Go to last post
0 222
dudes were my ram by Stephen Beach
i have this board asus AN8-VM and im missing 1 Gig of ddr 400 on it, i have all four slots with the same ddr memory, any hints?
October 12th 06 11:08 AM
by Rune Moberg Go to last post
3 128
IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad R60 - Leistungsindex für Vista by hpaschke
Hi! I have a Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad R60 and I'm wodering if Vista will run properly on this notebook. It labeled as " Vista capable". Does anyone have the same machine and is willing to help me out with information about Aero, performance index and occuring problems? Best regards, Holger
October 12th 06 08:38 AM
by hpaschke Go to last post
0 134
New display driver worse than VGA standard by pjcnyc
Hi, I have installed Vista on a fairly old laptop - an Acer Aspire 1360 with onboard Graphics. All is OK initially, with the 'Standard VGA' adapter driver, and I am able to use the full 1280x800 widescreen native resolution. However, Microsoft now have a 'High Priority' update for me, which is the 'correct' display adapter driver. Unfortunately, when this driver is loaded, the max...
October 12th 06 10:13 AM
by pjcnyc Go to last post
0 129
VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller Port Mix-up. by Ruslan
I seem to have the same problem - Speakers are working fine, the line-in jack works very quietly on maximum level, but the microphone is not working at all. From what i gathered it's a problem with the VIA Audio driver that can not ehnace enough the incoming signal from the incoming jacks. VIA website does not have any audio drivers, the autoupdate of the driver by Microsoft says I have the...
October 12th 06 06:41 PM
by Ruslan Go to last post
0 133
Microphone very quite? by Ruslan
i tried 4 different microphones and none of them registered any sound at all at maximum sensitivity levels. what can i do to fix this? "JPG" wrote: I've done all of this as well and my mic is still very quiet. I have to use a very raised voice to get it to register.
October 12th 06 07:07 PM
by FG Go to last post
1 126
Here's how to make a HP Scanjet 4500 work with Vista by Alexander
My HP ScanJet 4500 driver and software won't install correctly with Vista. What does work though is the simple Twain/WIA driver for ScanJet. It's he http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=77354&lang=en Success
October 11th 06 08:26 PM
by The Unknown P Go to last post
1 166
Audio Drivers for HP zv6000 Laptop by Gene Fitz
From my other post: Here is a couple ideas. Number one, try Windows update. It installed myt Conexiant drivers automatically. Now here is a ricky idea, and I can guarantee nothing on this, because it may cause a "blue screen error" so do a complete PC back-up before you start! Put your driver recovery disk in. Now instead of letting it auto-run, explore the disk, under drivers, and audio....
October 11th 06 10:40 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
1 169
Microsoft Keyboards and mouse drivers support by skid
Hi! I've got a Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 and Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse. I've tryed to install Windows XP Drivers (IntelliType Pro 5.x) but doesn't work, doesn't install, got an error message... May be new drivers will develope? Or Microsoft don't release drivers for his own hardware products?
October 12th 06 06:45 AM
by RandySavage Go to last post
4 175
Samsung CLP-500 Printer by jwardl
I'd been really frustrated that there was no Windows driver available for this printer. No idea if Samsung intends to provide one at some point or not. That said, I saw in one of these groups where another user had simply loaded the old XP driver for a completely different Samsung printer, and it worked. I figured, it's a test system -- what the he**. Surprisingly, IT WORKS. Alas, this...
October 12th 06 03:54 PM
by Strickers Go to last post
3 151
Missing CDROM after Vista installation by NewToVista
I have a Dell Dimension 3100 which I bought recently. It came with a 48X CDRW drive (I believe it is a TSSTCorp CD-RW drive/TS-H292C ATA device). After I installed Vista RC1 on the machine, I can no longer see the drive. When I power up the machine, the drive swirls a few times with the light blinks a few times then nothing happens. I cannot even open the drawer. I cannot see the drive...
October 12th 06 05:01 AM
by NewToVista Go to last post
5 193
Problem With P4P800 Drivers by SchyZo
Hi, At first, Im french, so please excuse my reallyl bad english ! I've just download an install Vista RC2 but I have some trouble with my mainboard's drivers ! It's a P4P800 and the installation CD tells me that my system is "not compatlble with this software". I'd really like to test this new OS but without netword card...it seems to be difficult ! Is there anybody who have the driver vor...
October 12th 06 10:26 AM
by Pop Xunga Go to last post
3 129
Nic Cards by Specba
I can't seem to find a Vista driver for my Intel-based Nic card. It is model number 668081-005. I've tried the usual routes - Device manager, hitting the web etc. No luck for Vista. Is there a web site I can go to for a quick download. I have other machines that can get to the web. I also tried Microsoft's site that just directed me to downoad a tool instead of giving me an HCL that I can...
October 11th 06 09:21 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
3 148
Logitech Quickcam Messenger by Mark Annandale
Hi there has anyone tried to get the quickcam messenger working under vista? If so, how please ? Thanks
October 12th 06 12:26 AM
by FG Go to last post
4 196
64-Bit Version Compatible? by Alan Morris
I am using a Dell Dimension 5150 with an Intel 3.0Ghz Hyper Threading processor and 3 gigabytes of RAM. My two questions a 1. Would I be able to run the 64-bit version of Vista? 2. Is the 64-bit version of Vista more driver deficient than the 32-bit version? Thanks in advance for any help anyone in the group is able to offer. Regards,
October 12th 06 07:49 AM
by Stephen Beach Go to last post
3 136
download driver without using windows update by LarsH
does anybody know how to download a vista lan driver without using windows update. my network card is not support in the RC, but i get information that i can update it to work after installing vista. But as it is my only card in the system, as the other Lan interface is not supported at all. So I ned to get the driver before hand. Regards Lars
October 12th 06 08:09 AM
by LarsH Go to last post
5 188
smc cardbus by wireless
hi i have a smc cardbus smcwcbt-G the problem is that wen installing the driver is says : windows find the driver for your device but encountered an error attenpting to install it. The system canot find the file specified. I`m using windows vista RC1 build 5600
October 13th 06 12:05 AM
by wireless Go to last post

From The