1394 IEEE firewire code 10 error in vista by Darren S
Platform: Vista Home Premium SP2 and SP1 Problem Description: VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller This device cannot start. (Code 10) Attempted solutions: Uninstall / Re-install: Error, Device Driver was not Correctly installed. Check Driver: Driver update tells me I have the right driver.
July 19th 09 06:00 AM
by Keith[_10_] Go to last post
3 259
Winfast TV2000 XP Expert Will Not Record Sound In Vista by spider362
Good afternoon, I have an old (analog only) Winfast TV2000 XP Expert TV card installed on my computer. I am able to watch and hear TV but when I try to record something (Ctrl-R) I get the video but I don't get any audio in the resulting video file. My system is as follows: Vista Premium with SP2
July 19th 09 06:00 AM
by Keith[_10_] Go to last post
1 251
Initialize usb disk with vista by DJ974
I have an ide disk plugged to an usb port (via an adapter) that i could see with diskmgmt as "uninitialized". I right click on it to initialize it but i got then an error message : "disk not ready". Could someone help please ?
July 18th 09 05:28 PM
by capu Go to last post
1 280
How to enable Autorun on Vista Home Pre? by freezelove
Sombody help me how to enable Autorun on Vista Home Premium. When I inserted a CD mussic, Windows Media Player 'll run this CD. I has turned AutoPlay in Control Panel but it isn't. Help me please:( -- freezelove
July 18th 09 07:55 AM
by freezelove Go to last post
0 225
Left-hand Shift key in keyboard by Scott
I notice that this key has two types: same size of other keys or equivalent to two keys in one. The latter one is more popular while the former one is often in the UK. Can someone advise why there are two types of this key. Thanks, Scott
July 17th 09 05:38 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 248
USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device) by Unchained
Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my laptop I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install mouse (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed. Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to install because the driver...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 09 09:08 AM
by Mr Rududu Go to last post
13 577
external hard drive does not appear anywhere on the computer. by iownstan
i've had the Western Digital WDH1U10000N 1TB for a little over a week now. it was working fine, up until yesterday night. i made the switch from my PC to my laptop. when i plugged the USB into my laptop, the external hard drive was not recognized. so, i tried plugging the USB into another port, and after a few minutes it was recognized by the laptop. this morning when i plugged the external hard...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 09 11:48 PM
by iownstan Go to last post
29 738
Vista and ATI 8.5 Display driver atikmdag crashes by Derek[_6_]
With the ATI Catalyst 8.1 or 8.5 installed, I was getting the error message "Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered" error whilst playing games and Google earth, then blue screens appeared eventually. Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Intel Core 2 E8300 2.88Ghz 2G DDR2 800 ATI Radeon HD3690 256mb 1 Seagate 500G SATA II 7200 w/32mb
July 16th 09 06:47 PM
by jalex3 Go to last post
8 1,148
Mustek 1200 UB Vista Driver by kingali
I have an old Mustek 1200 UB scanner that I use from tie to time, but I haven't been able to use it lately since I switched to Vista. Are there any ways of getting the drivers to work with Vista? I have tried these options from another forum- OPTION 1 - I do not understand the bits in red - please HELP Download the newest XP drivers from this german...
July 16th 09 06:24 PM
by Rojo Habe[_3_] Go to last post
6 309
DVD Hang by George Mathias
I have 2gb ram laptop, with "DVD Super Multi DL " now when I use a 8gb DL DVD my system gets hanged, I tried using it by enabling readyboost but no effect, why is my 2gb ram laptop getting hanged with an 8gb DL DVD George
July 16th 09 11:56 AM
by George Mathias Go to last post
2 254
Something weird happening.. by Frankz
Hi all, I stumbled upon you guys, and knowing I'm not the brightest as far as computers go, I thought why not XD. Lately, my vista has been acting odd. We have 4 profiles on this computer, excluding guest. Now, we've had it for a few months so..my profile and everyone elses has been setup already. But sometimes, even when you're already logged in, it says "Preparing your desktop" Which caught...
July 16th 09 03:34 AM
by Frankz Go to last post
0 264
Acceptable CPU Temperature Range by DWP
Generally considering the motherboard and CPU below in a well ventilated case with fans on everything, what would be an acceptable CPU temperature range in your opinion? MSI 865PE NEO2-FIS2R Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz 800 FSB (4 GByte) Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2
July 16th 09 02:48 AM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
9 277
Gros malheur.. by Natéag[_2_]
Mon routeur Linksys a rendu l'âme. Je n'en ai vraiment besoin que pour l'imprimante sans fil. Je la remplacerai. Par un nouveau B-G-N, puique finalement les routeurs A-G sont aussi chers. Un Airport Express suffirait, mais, comme chacun sait, aux prix d'arnaques que le fabricant pratique, ce n'est pas pour moi. Mais je vais d'abord vérifier si ma garantie Linksys est
July 16th 09 12:02 AM
by Natéag[_2_] Go to last post
0 237
Puzzle - External HDD Disk Management Error by Mike311
I have been searching all night for help on this...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Windows Vista Home Premium 64 will not recognize external HDD (eSATA/firewire/USB2). I started with eSATA, but that didn't work. I tried rebooting with HDD on, etc. The disk didn't show up in Device Manager or in My Computer, Disk Management, etc. So, I thought I'd make sure the other connection...
July 15th 09 09:03 PM
by lambfbbd Go to last post
6 255
Certain files refuse to copy from C drive to USB drive by kinohead
Hi, Dell T5400 Dual Quad Core 2.6 w/16 GB ram, 1 TB "C" drive, 1.5 TB "D" drive running Vista Business 64 SP2. Trying to copy blocks of files off of the internal drives to a USB interface ESATA drive dock that has a 1TB WD Green drive inserted. It appears that all files that were copied TO the internal HDDs from the same drive dock are now unreadable by Vista (cannot read from the
July 15th 09 02:47 PM
by kinohead Go to last post
1 219
Microphone isn't working by Ken W
I have 4 headphones with a microphone and speaker that plug directly into my sound card (one at a time, of course). I was using one of the headphones, which worked fine, both input and output, for a long time, when the microphone just stopped working. However, the speaker still worked fine. Another headphone had this same problem. However, two other headphones worked fine, both input and...
July 15th 09 01:32 PM
by Ken W Go to last post
2 215
Hard drive question by hansbockler
Hello! I am in need of assistance concerning my external hard drive. My hard drive has been working flawlessly for the past 3 years. As of today, my computer no longer recognizes it. This is what I have done so far: -Unplugged it, plugged it back up, and my computer made a chime saying that it was recognized and said that it was ready to go. -However, the HDD does not show up on the my computer...
July 15th 09 11:09 AM
by tech-pro.net Go to last post
6 220
Permissions on Hard Drive by GJB
I want to set permissions for specific folders on my hard drive. Here is my question....If I set the permissions, and then remove my hard drive and put it in another computer with the data intact, will my permissions settings stick ? What if the other computer is using another version of windows ? Thanks.
July 15th 09 01:58 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
1 240
Floppy takes a loooooong time.. by jeff_wisnia
We just bought a couple of Inspiron computers from Dell running Vista with floppy drives installed in them because we've got quite a collection of small files on floppy disks which we occasionally need to access. We bought the computers with Vista installed because they would have cost $120 more if we wanted XP on them. Yes, I know we should xfer those files to CDs or other storage, but...
July 15th 09 12:38 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 208
Vista 32 doesn't recognize canon powershot sd1100IS by BANTAR1000
I bought this camera Saturday. I have vista home basic / 32. When I plug the camera in, I get a message "Device Driver software was not successfully installed" Under that it says "Digital Still Camera - Failed" I've installed, uninstalled, done everything I can think of. Canon said Vista doesn't have the drivers for it. Compaq said MS should make drivers for it.
July 15th 09 12:21 AM
by Chuck2009[_2_] Go to last post

From The