CD/DVD recorder issues. by andyville
"Bad Kitty" wrote: This worked for me when my CD and DVD drives both did not show up in Computer: Start Run regedit navigate to registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
October 13th 06 03:40 AM
by andyville Go to last post
0 140
MS SideWinder Strategic Commander Drivers by Richard
I too have been trying to install my Strat Commander under Vista Beta and now Vista RC1. As yet no luck, although under Windows XP I had no problems at all. I have a feeling it might be something to do with the virtual keyboard driver that's preventing installation. If anyone does work out how to install it I would be very grateful to hear from you. "Ubbe" wrote: Hi gang
October 13th 06 07:38 AM
by Richard Go to last post
0 144
need help! ide device cannot work (vista rc2) by Jerry Liu
mainbord: P965 (foxconn P9657AA-8RKS) it use the JMicron JMB361 Host Controllor to connect IDE drive, it recognized as SCSI controllor by windowsXP. the problem is i have 2 more SCSI cards connect to 3 SCSI hard disks, and at one time only 2 of the SCSI controllor can run normally in windows Vista. my system was installed in adaptec 2100s SCSI Raid, it works normal all the time.
October 13th 06 07:44 AM
by Jerry Liu Go to last post
0 148
need help! ide device cannot work now (vista rc2) by Jerry Liu
mainbord: P965 (foxconn P9657AA-8RKS) it use the JMicron JMB361 Host Controllor to connect IDE drive, it recognized as SCSI controllor by windowsXP. the problem is i have 2 more SCSI cards connect to 3 SCSI hard disks, and at one time only 2 of the SCSI controllor can run normally in windows Vista. my system was installed in adaptec 2100s SCSI Raid, it works normal all the time.
October 13th 06 07:45 AM
by Jerry Liu Go to last post
0 180
No Display after boot... by Jason
Hi all, I also have the no display after boot problem, i'm running RC1 on a 1.7GH'z Celeron Laptop, with 1GB Memory, for the most, it runs very well, system spec concidering. however, i do NOT have an nVidia card, like most people thatseem to have this error, I have a sis 650 chipset running an sis 315 graphics, using the drivers from Microsoft. where this gets interesting, is, if i boot...
October 13th 06 09:44 AM
by Jason Go to last post
2 171
Printer prints upside down by Thorsten Dreiner
Hi there, I have the problem, that all printouts are upside down. (Vista RC2) Every Workstation with no vista on prints correct. Does anyone know this problem? My Printer is a Ricoh 2022D. Thank you. --
October 13th 06 10:01 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 155
Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD STB by jabloomf1230
There are 32 bit XP drivers that come with Windows XP Media Center Edition for my SA 8300 HD Cable Box. are there any Vista drivers (x86 or x64) for this device?
October 13th 06 01:01 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 186
ess maestro 3i installation problems by Azlan
Vista appears to be incompatible with ess maestro 3i soundcards. Driver does not work properly even in compatibility modes. I can get it to work installing in compatibility for xp or 2000 but then as soon as computer is restarted, the sound card is not functioning once again. Does anybody know of any solutions aside from getting a new sound card. This is the only serious issue with vista...
October 13th 06 02:14 PM
by ldone Go to last post
1 156
Nvidia GeForce Vista x32 drivers by Phoenixace
Does anyone know if these are on the way, I can only find the X64 and X86 Drivers on Nvidia.com. What is the main difference between x32 and x64. I downloaded x32 as I thought it would put less strain on my pc.
October 13th 06 04:49 PM
by Theo Go to last post
4 174
Help choosing Video Card by pbateman
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can recommend a decent video card to upgrade to. I am not a gamer nor do graphic design so when i bought my pc 2 years ago i went with a cheap card, works fine for me but obviously it won't do the trick for Vista as far as Aero goes. I have a GForce4 I guess must be a pretty old one cos obvoiusly Vista doesn't like it too much. I'm just looking form...
October 13th 06 06:36 PM
by Dave Nuttall Go to last post
2 152
Visioneer 8100 USB Scanner by MikeP
The subject scanner works with Vista. I had Vista scan for the drivers on my XP partition where I had originally installed the scanner. Vista found them and installed the scanner.
October 13th 06 07:13 PM
by Mario Go to last post
1 162
Help me please!!!! by memes
After instaling vista Ultimate I can't get my External hard drive to work, my USB hub, my USB sorage units, my scaner/printer and my external keyboard to work. I only get a message that it can not recondise the sofware needed, but some of it dont even have sofware like the USB hubs and units. and the hard drive is just a hard drive right?? do i really need software for it??? Is there a...
October 13th 06 07:19 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
3 147
Hp SJ 5200C by Robert R. Johnson Jr
I have a very old scanner, an HP SJ 5200C. Now before everybody laughs and tells me a should buy a new one I will probably consider that option so I just need an interim solution. I need a twain driver that Vista can understand for this scanner or find out why the HP SJ software drivers will not work in Vista for this model. The error I get in Vista in the device manager is "A service...
October 13th 06 07:21 PM
by RR Johnson Jr Go to last post
3 165
Canon Scanner 3000f by nothing
any copmpatible drivers for Vista??
October 13th 06 07:22 PM
by RR Johnson Jr Go to last post
2 156
Which Wireless Adapters Work In Vista RC1? by smtjs
My US Robotics wireless network adapter card will not work with Vista RC1. USR informed me that they do not have Vista compatible drivers for any of their products. I would like to know which PCI wireless network adapter cards will work with Vista RC1. Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 13th 06 07:31 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
12 247
CD & DVD Drives by gbalonek
My CD & DVD drives quit working. When I insert a CD, Autorun does not work, nor is Explorer able to access the drives. I check the Device Manager and it did not show that there were any problems with the drives. Any Suggestions?
October 13th 06 07:52 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
7 156
nv4_mini.sys bsod by rayminrow
I've ran into multiple problems with RC2 but it supports my HD audio and not my video drivers. I've done both xp upgrade and fresh install and everytime I try to install the new nvidia drivers, they don't work. They don't even recognize my video card. Anytime I try to run a game it shows the following error. nv4_mini.sys bsod. It wont run windows games without drivers Vista window pops up...
October 13th 06 08:15 PM
by rayminrow Go to last post
0 156
Where to find by Theo
You tell us and we'll all go get'em! The Puma wrote: Need the beta drivers of intellipoint/intellitype 6.1 for Vista Where can i get these?
October 13th 06 09:13 PM
by bobm512z Go to last post
2 135
Code 10 by Graham
Hi, When I am trying to install a Belkin USB NIC on my computer with Vista it wont install even when i use the compatability wizard. I get an error message saying that it has found the driver but cant use it then it says "this device cannot start. (Code 10). Any ideas?
October 13th 06 09:22 PM
by Clark Go to last post
3 151
RC2 Keeps Loading Internal Graphics Drivers by cmcarthy
Hi all, I seem to be in an endless loop with RC2 and my internal graphics card. Unfortunately, my eMachines doesn't have an true "Disable Internal Graphics" command in the BIOS. I'm currently using a dedicated graphics card for Vista. However, Vista keeps finding the internal graphics and keeps loading the drivers which turn aero off and reverts me to Vista basic (ughh). Rebooting usually...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 09:22 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The