  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Microsoft Fingerprint Reader & Vista Sidebar bug. by F. Bonganay
Hardwa Microsoft Fingerprint Reader (DigitalPersona, Inc.) Driver: Microsoft Fingerprint Reader 3.0.0.187 OS: Windows Vista Business For some reason, every time my mouse hovers over the sidebar, I get a fingerprint login prompt. That never happened before. How did this bug happen and how do I get rid of it?
May 5th 08 02:08 AM
by blazer380[_2_] Go to last post
8 163
5:1 SOUND and Vista Ultimate by Si[_3_]
i have a 5:1 AC97 onboard sound ...every speaker works fine when testing but when playing music or a movie through Mediaplayer i only get sound from the front 2 speakers and sub Any idea's
May 3rd 08 03:00 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 169
Last night I installed an update and now my speakers dont work by benn1680
i installed an update called IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and now it says my speakers are not connected. I have tried to do a system restore twice to no avail. I have also went to the gateway company support and they were no help either.
May 3rd 08 06:43 PM
by jwhighdown Go to last post
3 231
enable by oyugs
how do i enable blue tooth device in my computer after its desabled?
May 3rd 08 11:03 PM
by pbl Go to last post
1 163
Lose Audio when PCIe video plugged in by mudslinger
I have a GEForce 8500 GT 1GB DVI PCIexpress card. When I plug it into the PCIe slot I lose all audio. System works okay on normal on board video and also on a video card plugged into the PCI slot. I have installed BIOS upgrade. Tried new video and audio drivers, to no avail I am running a Gateway GT5408. Gateway was no help and the things that the vendor suggested were tried. Please!!!!!!!...
May 3rd 08 11:08 PM
by mudslinger Go to last post
0 125
Usb wireless mouse and keyboard by Justin
I have a Microsoft wireless optical mouse and Multimedia keyboard and Vista Home Premium Edition. When update KB937954 was downloaded and installed I lost USB recognition of the wireless device. I've tried removing and reinstalling the drivers and taking the plunge and installing SP1, but with no success. Vista simply refuses to recognise the USB device - although the driver software...
May 4th 08 07:04 AM
by Justin Go to last post
0 171
usb ports don't work by j-kob
my usb ports have resently stoped working, devices such as ipods and mice do not work, but work perfectly on my dads computer. the problem ocured when i pluged in my camera for the first time which might have changed my settings. i am using a laptop someone plz help! -- j-kob
May 4th 08 11:01 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 130
Problems adding TCP/IP printers in Vista by spark001uk
*Hi* *Just thought i'd post my experience here, i had a problem installing my HP LaserJet 4000TN as a TCP/IP printer, i would use the wizard and define the IP address as usual, then it would say contacting printer, which would then spit out an HP diagnostic page, and the printer's LCD screen said "87 00FB EIO 2 ERROR".* *So, after much messing around (including deleting the ports in...
May 4th 08 01:23 PM
by spark001uk Go to last post
0 100
Sound Recording does not work by Seeking
I have a headphone set with microphone attached. I can hear music very well. But I am not able to record my voice. Also when I talk to someone on MSN or Yahoo Messenger, I can hear the person I call, but she can't hear me. That is when I tested the funtion in StartAll ProgramsAccessoriesSound Recorder. I notice that nothing is recorded. I am sure that the speakers and the mircophone...
May 4th 08 04:38 PM
by Seeking Go to last post
0 106
Sudden loss of DVD drives by Paul Schumacher
For an unknown reason I have just lost the ability to see my DVD drives in My Computer. They have power. They both have warning symbols on the device manager and a message saying the drivers could not be loaded. Uninstalling and rebooting do not help. I have also unplugged the IDE cable from the sys board and re attached with no improvement. I cannot think of anything that has happened or...
May 3rd 08 12:41 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 212
AC Adapter not recognized on laptop by Shaggy
Hi, I installed Vista 32 bits on my Compaq Presario v2000z (Turion) laptop a while ago. The only problem I've had is that my power adapters (I've got 2) are never recognized / seen by the OS, it states that I'm always on battery. However, it is plugged in and the battery charges OK. The power LED says the laptop is plugged in the outlet : only Vista does not recognize it. Because of...
May 3rd 08 03:18 AM
by Shaggy Go to last post
0 196
ReadyBoost or Swap File on flash drive? by Nigel Molesworth
I've just bought a 4GB flash drive to use as a ReadyBoost drive. However, it occurred to me that putting the swap file on might be a better idea. It's going to be mounted inside the case of the PC, so not easily removable. Any comments?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 08 12:10 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
10 365
Toshiba, Live Messenger and built in web cam by Alexa
When I use Windows Live Messenger & want to make a video call, it will say webcam blocked being used by another application. If I reboot I can get the webcam to work. What other program is using the webcam? Can I disable it so the webcam works all the time on video calls on Live Messenger? Sometimes it works, but just as soon it freezes the whole machine and have to reboot by unplugging the...
May 2nd 08 11:25 PM
by leuz2008 Go to last post
1 210
Install HP printer and driver in Vista by CelestialBabe
I can't seem to get Vista to let me install my HP printer. I've tried StartControl PanelAdd Hardware, added a generic printer, added my HP-have the disc for the software, and HP driver is built into friggin' Vista!! Went to manufacturer site also. Got,"Printer driver not installed.Operation could not be completed(error 0xe0000101)." in the add hardware thing. This exact printer used to...
May 3rd 08 07:26 PM
by Trevor Go to last post
9 278
Memory Problems!!!!!!!!!!! by John Lagree[_2_]
I built this computer about a year ago. I installed Vista Home Premium 64 bit along with 4x1 gig sticks of dual sided RAM. Vista memory test said that everything was good. Recently I`ve been getting an error message telling me that the Superfetch has stopped working. This usually happens while running memory intensive programs. I checked out Superfetch and it was set to Start and Automatic. I did...
May 3rd 08 12:34 AM
by John Lagree[_2_] Go to last post
6 212
weird RAM by Aaponline
hi all! I have a problem with my ram memory. I have vista ultimate sp1 with 4gb ram. When i look at my computer properties it shows i have 4,00gb ram (windows experience = 4,5 is that normal for this amount?). But task manager shows 1534 mb ram... it also shows i have 1gb occupied, which is 66% according to task manager. Is this a hardware problem or an OS problem? I don't hope windows is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 3rd 08 07:52 PM
by dennis Go to last post
21 548
Canon Pixma IP6600D by Scooter
I'm running Vista 64 on an AMD 64 Platform. I have the above printer. When I download drivers from Canon's website they are only Intel compatible. Yes, I have looked and re-looked and I'm sure. Canon does not support AMD 64/ Vista 64 for their Drivers (yet). I have tried to go through Device Manager, and there is no printer listed. I have tried to Add Hardware and I get "Restart Printer...
May 4th 08 07:45 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 204
Not able to hear anything by Shilps
Hi, I am facing a unique problem. Although I am able to hear everything playing on my laptop( Dell Inspiron 1525), but I just do not hear anything during voice chat. Neither on Yahoo nor on Gtalk. I am very much able to hear Yahoo Radio though. Any clue? Thanks Shilps
May 4th 08 03:47 AM
by Shilps Go to last post
2 118
check disk at boot by Grant[_5_]
Hi, my new laptop runs vista but my desktop runs XP. I know this is a Visya community but can anyone tell me why all of a sudden everytime i am booting up on my XP desktop it says " a disk check has been scheduled, windows will now check disk" This process takes hours. how do I get my desktop to boot normally? Thank You. -- Grant
May 3rd 08 09:21 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
6 227
Microphone activation by McCray
I have a Logitech microphone that was working with windows. Everytime I plugged it in, a pop up would ask me how I wanted to use the device. One day I clicked the "Do not show this message again." box. Ever since that time, windows does not recognize when I plug a microphone in. How do I go back and "unclick" that box?
May 5th 08 12:08 AM
by McCray Go to last post

From The