Burning Track-at-once versus disc-at-once by Michael Byrnes
Since the last Vista updates, I cannot burn CDs or DVDs (via Nero 8) using track-at-once... (the burning process seems to not complete writing the TOC)... but disc-at-once seems to work... I've tried disabling Vista's built-in burner, and other burning apps, but same result... Is there a reason for this? Thanks, Michael
May 5th 08 08:29 AM
by Michael Byrnes Go to last post
0 157
Black screen after vista logo by Jack
Hi! I have freshly installed Vista x64 Home Premium. I install sp1 for it, then I install intel chipset drivers (from intel website) and nvidia driver (from Windows Update). Then I have random problem, that after vista logo screen goes black and I can't do anything, just turn off. After that system boots normally. What might be the problem?
May 5th 08 10:01 AM
by Jack Go to last post
0 156
Trying to add a new partition by Sigma
Hi all. I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1. I'm trying to add a new volume (as I think they're called) from unallocated space on my hard drive. However, when I try to do so, it tells me at the end that it's unable to do so as it's hit the max number of partitions. It all came preinstalled from Dell, and there are 4 partitions: No letter - really small, has the tag "EISA configuration" No...
May 5th 08 11:34 AM
by Will Go to last post
2 185
Mouse alignment by Please help!
I am having a problem with my mouse pointer. When I move the pointer/arrow over an "X" I have noticed that if I try to click on the "X" (or whatever the button may be for that matter) I have to actually move the pointer so that it is above what I want to select. The odd thing is though, that this is not always the case. Sometimes the poiner works just fine. I have noticed that this does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 08 12:12 PM
by Robert mcMonagle Go to last post
14 352
Error Occurred (0) at startup by shaunl
I am running a Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista Home Edition. A few days ago we had a power failure. When I rebooted the computer it came up with a message at the early stages of rebooting saying 'Error Occurred (0)' in red for one of the disk drives. The other one is fine. It goes on to load windows, and I can get into Vista and run most programs, but it does not run IE7, I cannot get any...
May 5th 08 01:13 PM
by shaunl Go to last post
0 154
Changeing mouse pointer in VISTA by Walter
Hello, Can you please advise me how I can change the mouse pointer from a clear pointer to a black pointer so it is easier to see in VISTA? regards, Walter
May 5th 08 01:14 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 166
No Disk in Drive Burner Not Found by sarat
I have a Gateway notebook ML6703 a little over a year old. Vista 32 bit. When I put a cd for software or a DVD into the drive nothing happens. I can hear it loading but then the pointer doesn't display the little disk that it should. Windows Media Center tells me there's no disk in the drive. When I try to burn photos from gallery to disk it tells me "You don't have a disk drive capable...
May 5th 08 03:19 PM
by sarat Go to last post
3 303
Vista sleep problem by Bob22
when I try to put my computer into sleep mode, I get the following message "Device driver for "IDE" channel is preventing machine from entering hibernation. " Previously the machine did enter the hibernation. I had this happen earlier, and Dell sent me a new hard drive. It worked fine for the first three weeks, then suddenly this message started appearing again. Bob22
May 5th 08 04:04 PM
by Bob22 Go to last post
0 177
Fingerprint reader and Vista Sidebar by Mike Cinnamond
I am using Vista Ultimate and the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader with DigitalPersona 2. Every time I click on one of the gadgets in the Windows Sidebar the fingerprint reader icon appears partially obscuring the view of the gadget.This is particularly annoying when using the Notes or Converter gadgets. I have tried altering the position of the icon using the DigitalPersona Properties but to no...
May 5th 08 06:13 PM
by Alex Go to last post
7 154
Canon MP170 by andrewtewkesbury
Hi, I'm having problems with my Canon MP170 after a clean install of vista ultimate 64. My first install (2 weeks ago) had no problems with the printer. I simply turned it on and vista automatically detected it and installed everything perfectly. I was very impressed. Unfortunately I recently ran into some severe problems and had to do a clean install.
May 5th 08 10:14 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 171
MS Trackball Explorer 1.0 - Windows Vista Ultimate by Charles W Davis
I have now jumped through all the currently known hurdles in about 10 days, except this one. I cannot find an updated driver for the subject device. All functions work except the 4th of 4 buttons. There is nothing to allow me to set the "programmable" functions. Think about this, I bought the thing because the then new Windows XP did not support my Logitech trackball. After all of these...
May 5th 08 10:22 PM
by Largo Go to last post
5 138
Can my laptop handle the graphics of Vista Home Premium? by Clint
Hello! This is the laptop I'm about to order before I go to college. I was wondering if it can handle Vista Aero and Vista flip 3D. My laptop comes with the 32 bit version of Home Premium. Can my laptop handle the 64 bit version, and if so, what are the differences between the 64 bit and 32 bit versions? These are the applicable specs: Dell XPS M1530, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300...
May 5th 08 10:41 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 155
Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive by JoeP
Hi All, Anybody can recommend a Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive ? Thanks, Joe
May 5th 08 11:06 PM
by Redviper[_16_] Go to last post
7 176
Hard drive replacement/backup by amejr999
Hi folks- This is going to be nice and long. I'm having a nasty issue with my machine at the moment. If anyone can tell me where I went wrong, This is a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 running Vista Business SP1. A few weeks ago I noticed that my hard drive was failing a SMART test, so Lenovo replaced it under warranty. I tried to back up my data using Nero 7's BackItUp version 2 by creating a...
May 6th 08 06:27 AM
by amejr999 Go to last post
0 145
magicbridge with Vista? by masterbowl
Have 1 year old USB2 hardware connecting kit "magicbridge" which worked very well with XP, read/copied hdd data. It was auto-recognised/installed on XP pc, no driver needed. Alas! not with Vista - "hardware not installed" Tried (Vista Help-recommended) Vista System Adviser - with magicbridge and hdd connected, the Adviser stated "no driver problems" but failed to detect the magicbridge. Tried...
May 6th 08 10:09 AM
by masterbowl Go to last post
0 147
Driver Issue With TV Tuner Card by Lloyd Kuhnle
PlusTV HD PCI 120 TV tuner / Video Capture Card Hello I recently bought a PlusTV HD PCI 120 video card, (Model VS-ATSC120) I am running WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM. The instructions say to install the drivers from the disc, and do not let WINDOWS update find, and install them. In Advance System Settings, I checked the box to "Never check for drivers when I install a device"
May 6th 08 10:25 AM
by Lloyd Kuhnle Go to last post
0 153
Hadphones work, but I can't record a sound by Seeking
I can listen to music, so the headphones seem to work well. But when I try to record a sound (Startall programsaccessoriessound recording) I can't record anything. Also, when I am on MSN (or any other messenger), I can hear the people I call, but they can't hear me. I believe that I have all the options correctly switched on (nothing muted) and yet.. I have already looked for all...
May 6th 08 10:33 AM
by Seeking Go to last post
2 191
Media in drive has changed by ETruss
I'm using Vista Home Premium. I started getting the following error recently. This used to work fine. The only change I can think of recently is that I am now using a 1GB ReadyBoost USB flash drive as an experiment. I'm trying to copy pictures from an SD card to my computer using Windows Explorer. I usually use the Nikon photo downloader with a USB card reader but it is not working...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 08 01:17 PM
by MichaelHalladay Go to last post
10 288
how to make calls from my pc by navybluecross
pls can anyone help me out with making calls from my desktop pc without using any of the messengers or skype. i have installed a pci fax modem with both line and phone ports but cant seem to route the calls through my pc so that i can make and receive calls. thx in advance!!!
May 6th 08 01:50 PM
by navybluecross Go to last post
4 170
Printer Compatibility by Barnum
Contemplating purchasing an HP 2015 Laser Printer. Really concerned about it's compatibility with Vista....can anyone tell me how to know if it's compatible. Cannot find anything on their website.
May 6th 08 02:18 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The