sound clicking but on cd by pierro_a
Alright it sound wierd but when im watching movies anime etc the voice has sound but u can hear it clicking and when i load it on hard drive it work normally i dont know what it is dvd writer or the sound help me
July 1st 07 05:34 PM
by freddy Go to last post
5 142
CD/DVD Drives Problem by Piet
Hi I have 2 CD Rom drives on my PC and when I boot/reboot Windows only picks up one. I then have to go into Device Manager and click on check for change in hardware for that section, and only then the 2 nd drive appears. Is there perhaps a way to rectify the situation so Windows can just boot up with both ? regards
April 19th 07 02:16 AM
by John Murphy Go to last post
6 149
LaCie drive: I installed LaCie-drive and now icon is missing by PieterPaulus
june 22, 2007 Hello and Good Day. I bought a new PC and installed a LaCie drive; Now the LaCie ICON is MISSING. How can I get the icon back?? I followed the steps on the Lacie website (" To change the drive icon: # Do “Get Info” (command i) on both the hard drive and the icon file. # The icon for each will show in the upper left corner of the “Get Info” window.) but that doesn't work....
July 11th 07 04:00 PM
by PieterPaulus Go to last post
3 102
Battery plugged in, not charging by pigeon-wing
I'm running Windows Vista on a Gateway NX570X laptop. About a year after I bought it, it slid off the table and bent the connecter for the original AC adapter, so I bought a new adapter online. It's an off-brand adapter, but the voltage outputs and inputs are the same as my old adapter, and it charged the battery fine for about two months. Then the battery started charging halfway and then less...
May 21st 09 12:43 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
4 348
KB940199 - Hotfix is Available by Pignutr
MS KB940199 says a hotfix is now available to solve the infamous "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it...". My only problem is that I requested the hotfix from MS and Support said it was not available. Does anyone have a workaround other than...
September 12th 07 09:52 AM
by Pignutr Go to last post
0 105
Windows Update mess with Ethernet, why?? by Pilot-Doofy[_2_]
When Windows updates it turns off my internet connection on my computer. It works fine, but once it restarts from a Windows update it just says I'm connected to an unidentified public network. I turned updates off, but I shouldn't have to do this! What should I do to make updates actually work?
July 31st 07 09:28 PM
by Pilot-Doofy[_2_] Go to last post
0 135
Artec T14a NTSC USB Vista Drivers? by PilotBob
Hi, Does anyone know if there are drivers available for the Artec T14a NTSC USB dongle for use in Vista RC2? I have been using the device succesfully under Windows XP MCE, but am now trying Vista RC2 build 5744. No drivers are discovered out of the box, and there are no Vista drivers on the Artec support site.
October 16th 06 02:31 AM
by PilotBob Go to last post
0 141
Artec T14a ATSC USB dongle by PilotBob
Does anyone know if there is any support for the Artec T14a ASTC USB receiver. I have upgraded to Vista and enjoying the new MCE, but have not found drivers that will work for the device. The device was working for me under Windows XP MCE, but trying to load the XP drivers under Vista crashes the machine. Thanks in advance, Bob
October 16th 06 02:28 AM
by PilotBob Go to last post
0 136
S3 problem- Resume from S3 - PS2 keyboard and mouse not functionin by PilotBob
Running Vista RC2 build 5744 on my Asus A8VM-CSM motherboard. The system will enter a S3 sleep state, but upon awakening (to any wake event, keyboard, mouse, wireless keyboard, IR ehome receiver) the PS2 keyboard and mouse does not work. My wireless keyboard continues to work OK. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob
October 16th 06 07:51 AM
by Mark Go to last post
1 208
Vista DVD Drive Issue by PilsnerBoy
DVD drive was working fine until I loaded Norton AV. Then, whenever I put a disk in the drive I get a BSOD. Thought I could fix the problem by replacing Norton with BitDefender but I have the same problem. After uninstalling Norton, but before installing BitDefender, the drive was fine. I've seen the upper/lower filter posts and I don't have these entries in my registry. I've talked to...
June 3rd 08 01:34 AM
by Ray Go to last post
3 180
ProSavage DDR (420, 430) in windows vista by Pim
Hi I just installed Vista Business. My laptop has only modest specs AMD athlon 2500+, 512 mb ram and a 32 mb shared ProSavage DDR (420, 430). However with Aero disabled the upgrade advisor told me that it should be possible to run windows vista and indeed everything is running smoothly, however my screen is flickering constantly. It concerns horizontal lines that run through the screen from...
February 26th 07 09:33 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 416
ECS Elitegroup Motherboard by PimpTwzt
Anyone having problems with ECS motherboards causing vista to not install or run unstable or slow. Causing hanging and freezing?
November 4th 06 08:39 AM
by ECS Elitegroup PT880PRO-A (V1.0A)! Go to last post
5 359
Mass Storage Controller by pineapplek
Hi Guys I am having some problem with my laptop. Currently i installed my lappy from vista home basic x32 to home premium x64. However because of the bit difference, i have to search for the drivers. All seems fine except for this "mass storage controller" which i can't find the drivers online and i have no idea what it is. Can some kind soul please help?
September 9th 08 06:07 AM
by pineapplek Go to last post
5 554
Sound volume settings by Pinecity
I have a Toshiba Tecra M6 with SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio. When I click on the sound icon in the systray & set the volume to high in the mixer, the setting will not stay & the sound slides back to zero. This happens when I'm playing a CD or talking on Skype. I have to manually keep my cursor on the volume & keep sliding it up to 100. I can't find a volume setting in the control...
July 7th 08 02:47 PM
by bassomatic5000 Go to last post
5 215
How do I hook up my Xbox 360? by Pinkshirtbadman
Sorry if this is percieved as a dumb question, but I'm kind of new to this I'm waiting arrivel of some RAM and a new TV Tuner card before I install Vista RC, but had some questions so I can get things wired msot easily before I get everything started. I'm a little confused on how I need to manage my setup. basicaly the main thing I am looking forward to doing is recording live TV. I currently...
October 15th 06 12:54 AM
by Tom Scales Go to last post
1 181
vista multimedia center with satellite by Pino
sorry for my poor english, i have windows vista home premium and i all ok, but i have a decoder sky and i demand: is possible connect satellite decoder to multimedia cente if yes what is solution hardware or software. Thank Pino
February 21st 08 03:55 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 140
Fingerprint reader problem by pino8314
I have tried many times to install this software (version 2.0 and 2.01 but keep getting the same error message: Suspect installation problem" Does anyone know of a way to address this issue? Thanks.
February 11th 08 08:48 PM
by pino8314[_2_] Go to last post
2 155
Unable to use Japanese Keyboard Layout by pinoy_shinshi
Hello... Can I ask about setting up the Japanese Keyboard layout. The laptop is a Japanese Keyboard but it has an English OS with Windows Vista Home Premium version. Though, the keyboard settings that is set on Device Manager is already Japanese 106/109 keys. Both English and Japanese Keyboard with IME was already configured and installed/added on 'Text Services and Input Languages'. The...
August 22nd 07 05:38 AM
by ParaFish Go to last post
3 97
Vista cannot find default hardware drivers. Plz read more.. by piodio
Hello, I have many expriences of installing and running Vista before, but ths case is the first situato I have ever met. Prblem is ; When I connect devices that are very-normal-and-commn like USB external drives Vista cannot find drivers files. But, if I tell Vista to find driver files in 'C:\Windows (include subdirectories)' Vista can find the driver
March 30th 07 05:02 PM
by Don Go to last post
1 147
HP dvd640c by Piotr Sawinski
Hi, I have installed without any problems WV Home Premium, but then I put 'HP DVD Writer installation disc' in, and after having the drivers installed, my cd-rom device disappered. Have somebody came across this kind of problem. How to solve it, even when I uninstalled dvd writer, after founding new hardware Windows see it as CD_ROM (exactly HP DVD640c) but still it doesn't run (I can't see...
February 4th 07 08:51 PM
by cash Go to last post

From The