Fitting a file on cd by Plainfielder13
How do I fit a 1.65GB file on a 700MB CD? Its already in ISO Format. Would I covert into a DAA file? I do not know what to do. Help!
July 19th 07 07:34 PM
by David B. Go to last post
1 120
keyboard by Playspaz2
when try to type a question mark or quote marks i get é in stead....how do i fix this
May 25th 08 12:44 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 181
Mouse alignment by Please help!
I am having a problem with my mouse pointer. When I move the pointer/arrow over an "X" I have noticed that if I try to click on the "X" (or whatever the button may be for that matter) I have to actually move the pointer so that it is above what I want to select. The odd thing is though, that this is not always the case. Sometimes the poiner works just fine. I have noticed that this does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 08 12:12 PM
by Robert mcMonagle Go to last post
14 355
Vista and Bluetoogh by pleb
Hi have a Belkin Bluetooth dongle, which seems to have compatibility issues with Vista Can anyone in here recomend a Vista ready bluetooth dongle? Cheers pleb xbs
March 12th 07 11:37 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
2 119
Installing a 32b driver on Vista x64 : possible ? by Plexxus
Hello, The USB ADSL modem Sagem Fast-800 has only 32b driver My RC2 Vista (x64) always reject the installation :( Is there a solution to install this 32b driver ? TIA
November 8th 06 04:37 PM
by Plexxus Go to last post
5 169
disc drive opens and closes by pliz
I was going through my drives and clicked a disc drive by mistake. It had nothing in it. Vista asks me if I want help choosing a disc. I say no, or cancel, or whatever. So it proceeds to open the drive tray (Why? I don't know why. Why should it?) but I have a door on my case. Door won't open, drive tray closes. But then, it tries to open again. And then it closes. And then, it tries to...
November 7th 07 05:36 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
1 123
VIA AC97 problem by PLJ
Hi I'm running Vista ultimate RC1 on my laptop (fujitsu-siemens amilo A3667). When i boot up, the windows welcome tune plays fine, but when i log into windows it has no sound at all, the driver is running, and no problems are visible. In media player, songs are not played (the songs never starts). I have tried to install the newest VIA driver, but it cannot detect my adio device, the realtek...
January 18th 07 08:15 AM
by PLJ Go to last post
0 131
drive reads/writes dvd, not cd. by ploquit
Hp Pavilion a1310n Windows Vista Premium light scribe dvdr-+ cd/writer TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552l ATA Device ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO SB Audigy (with catalyst control center... which may be the problem) The drive will not read cd's. it does read dvd's I've tried uninstalling the driver and scanning for hardware change.. didn't
February 24th 08 08:56 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 149
Problems with Lifecam vx-1000 by Pluizer
Hello everyone, Yesterday I bought the Lifecam vx-1000, as I was looking for a new webcam for Vista. The installation was no problem. However, as soon as I tried to use the programme of the webcam the problems started. The programme was crashing all the time and just doesn't work fine. The webcam itself works great, because I tested it on a different PC (Windows XP). I suppose you've heard this...
January 12th 08 05:33 PM
by Theo[_2_] Go to last post
1 153
AOL/BT ADSL Modem and AOL 9.0 errors! by plumbjet
Hi All Is it poss to use a bt router for a bt broadband connection would this get round the usb modem problem, I would like to know if this would work as iam about to install vista for the first time. Or is they a make or model router that will do the job. "Leon Jollans" wrote: I have the AOL 9/BT Voyager combo. I have found two ways to get the modem
September 29th 06 11:44 PM
by plumbjet Go to last post
1 332
Nvidia ti 4600 by plwpble
I am using an Nvidia ti 4600 by evga. On vista build 5600. The problem is that windows cant find the right driver for this card. The one from the nvidia web site dosen't find the card. Have there been other occurences of this problem and is there a fix.
September 27th 06 09:13 AM
by John Go to last post
2 168
recovery drive says empty bay by Plynn
I dont know what I did but it seems my d drive is empty and will not let me access the drive. What should I do?? I am new to windows vista however after reading the other problems I feel my problem is not so bad
June 17th 07 07:00 AM
by Plynn Go to last post
0 153
Windows Mobile Device Center WMDC 3 with HTC TyTN by pm8832
Using Vista RC 2 (Ultimate) und MS Office S 2007 (Ultimate) Sync of calendar and tasks does not work, rest works fine does anyone has a hint for "hidden" check-box, options, combinations?
January 6th 07 02:27 PM
by Tony Linguini Go to last post
1 193
Help - Upgraded Vista Business to Ultimate, And Sound Disappeared by PMAL
Hi I just bought a new laptop with the Vista Business Edition and stupidly followed MS's marketing and uprgaded to Ultimate, but now the sound doest work (audio out or mike in). The device manager shows that the SigmaTel audio driver is working properly and the taskbar shows the loudspeaker icon as normal. Please help, PMAL
March 31st 07 06:58 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 130
Vista Drivers by pmaster11deg
Anyone know where to find a vista driver for a SD micro card? My pC won't read it. Unbelieveable.
January 10th 08 06:40 AM
by DJSMAV Go to last post
2 109
DVD/CD drive by pmh532
I read the posts regarding the lost drive, and I have somewhat of the same problem. Mine disappears, but if I restart my computer, it is there again. I am not at all comfortable in editing the registry. Is there some other, easier solution, or will I just have to restart it each time this happens? I am using Vista Premium on a 5 month old Dell.
December 22nd 08 02:43 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 218
cd/dvd drive by pmh532
My computer is less than a year old. I have an Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA Device on my Vista computer. My problem is that it recognizes some CDs/DVDs and not others. I keep getting the message to insert a CD into the drive. I am trying to run a CD that was burned with pictures on it. The person who burned it also uses Vista, and can see the pics individually, or in slide form. Any...
June 26th 09 07:03 PM
by pmh532 Go to last post
4 306
CD/DVD drive by pmh532
I just received a replacement drive from Dell, installed it, and it reads all the CDs I have (especially one I had problems with). However, I am now trying to burn some new CDs, and I see they need to be formatted before use. (I had an XP system before, and don't ever recall formatting them.) I have several Memorex CD-RW I tried to format, and the computer says "windows cannot complete the...
June 26th 09 04:42 PM
by pmh532 Go to last post
0 259
Does anyone know how to get a sound card to work in Vista by pnolte
I have Vista business on an Asus P5nSLI board P4d 2.8 and two gig or ram. Does anyone know how to make a sound card work. I have tried the onboard card and a creative audigy card and both fail. When playing an mp3, the sound seems to "max out" as if you turned the volume up too high and it could not handle the load. I have tried the latest drivers for both cards and nothing seems to work....
November 27th 07 09:21 AM
by Randy Go to last post
4 132
Network card sometimes works, sometimes not by pnumminen
There was already one network card integrated on the motherboard, but I installed another network card and its drivers. The problem is that connecting the cable from the ADSL modem to this network card, the Internet connection is not usually established. Instead, Vista complains that it hasn't found any wireless connections. Doesn't it look for wired connections? Occasionally, however, the...
June 5th 09 10:37 PM
by botox Go to last post

From The