floppy drive installation problems by Jeff
I installed a floppy drive on my computer running Vista. My bios is showing the drive but when I boot up into Vista, it's not showing the drive. I've installed it, removed it and did all of the tinkering I can think of including looking for drivers but it won't show the drive. Any suggestions?
April 9th 07 12:21 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 198
floppy drive problems in vista by Jeff
I installed a floppy drive on my computer running Vista. My bios is showing the drive but when I boot up into Vista, it's not showing the drive. I've installed it, removed it and did all of the tinkering I can think of including looking for drivers but it won't show the drive. Any suggestions?
April 8th 07 11:20 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 175
Device Driver may be corrupted by Eric O'Brien
It appears that I've lost both of my DVDRW after installing VISTA 64-bit. I was using them up until a few days ago. It just shows as a "Removable Disk". This is the error message I get when I go to the DVDRW burner. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft...
April 8th 07 09:41 PM
by Rock Go to last post
2 158
Floppy caching? by Bill Leary
I put in a 3.5" 1.44M floppy and view it's directory (usually via a command line, but also with explorer). Now, eject the disk and put in another one. I get the same directory. This despite considerable activity by the drive (light goes on, head moves around). How do I get this thing to read the actual drive rather than what appears to be it's cached version?
April 8th 07 08:01 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
4 235
dvd drive doesnt show in vista by xir
i have a dvd burnere on my laptop it worked under xp but i upgraded to vista and now it doesnt work. i can still boot from it but it doesnt show up in my cumputer or in task manager. any suggestions (i have tried editing the upperfilter and lowerfilter registry values, and physically removing the drive an reinseritng it)
April 8th 07 04:56 PM
by xir Go to last post
0 220
Hauppauge HVR-1600 by Catbed
I recently bought a HVR-1600 and it does not work in Vista Home Premium Media Center. I try to set up TV and it says "Tuner not found". i have tried "To All With Vista TV Tuner Card Problems" and that didn't work. Please help! -thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 8th 07 02:12 PM
by Catbed Go to last post
22 458
Network sound and HDD by swalexx
hello got my new vista few days ago along with a mostly new setup. liking it all so far. only windows ive used really feels slick pity about the memory usage! anyways cant get any sound. Onboard sound card is working coz it crackles when u put the plugs in.
April 8th 07 10:06 AM
by swalexx Go to last post
0 154
video gone! by vistarocks
Well, my computer with 2 partitions with windows vista, wouldnt go further than the boot up screen, it would just frezze. So i would restart and it would keep on frezzing so i just turn it off and removed the memory cards. put them back .. but then i cant even see anything on the monitor i dont hear any beeps i hear the fans and open my computer the computer seems on. Now i dont know what i...
April 8th 07 08:04 AM
by Rock Go to last post
4 153
External Hard Drive Size Error by darkblade25
I have a Netdisk external hard drive with around 55 gigs of free space. In vista, I tried to copy over a 4 gig file to the external hard drive. It then gives me an error saying that the file is too large for the destination file system. I have over 55 gigs and when I tried to copy 4 gig worth of files on my other computer, which is running xp, it works fine. Somebody please help me.
April 8th 07 08:02 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 154
Creative X-Fi - No Sound by rhenson
Hi, I just installed the current RC over an Media edition pc, where everything was working fine. After that there is no sound and the message 'No output device is installed'. I've downloaded the creative 64-bit version of drivers and installed them. If i go into device manager it shows the sound card working correctly with drivers, but when I go into sounds from the control panel it notes...
April 8th 07 07:08 AM
by tegutigi Go to last post
2 149
Sigmatel ( by dimitriz
I installed Vista 64 Ultimate on my PC about a month ago. Drivers were installed from the CD that came with the Intel D975Xbx2. Everything was just fine. A few days ago I checked Windows Updates and found "SigmaTel - Sound - SigmaTel High Definition CODEC" driver that was recommended (Publisher 3/21/2007). Naturally I thought "Well a WHQL drivers should work no problems... after all they were...
April 8th 07 05:42 AM
by seany Go to last post
1 123
Wirelesss Network Adapter by Serge Deschênes
I am using a U.S.Robotics Wireless Adaptor to connect to my internet access point. The model of the Desktop PCI card is 805416. Ever since I have installed Windows Vista, it is not functioning. The U.S.Robotics site does not provide any driver for it and I keep receiving the message from Windows Vista that the driver cannot be installed and to contact the supplier of the...
April 8th 07 02:47 AM
by GTS Go to last post
1 132
I need a Vista Ready Scanner by Stavros69
HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a Vista driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner. After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again. What scanners are available that are Vista ready?
April 8th 07 02:11 AM
by Michael Go to last post
9 158
Safely Remove icon doesn't recognize external HD by Clarence B
I'm running Vista Premium on my notebook and it won't recognize my external HD in the Safely Remove Hardware icon. All my other external devices are recognized (i.e. camera memory card reader, flash drives, etc.). How can it be added to the Safely Remove icon, or how can I safely remove it without losing or damaging data?
April 8th 07 01:02 AM
by Clarence B Go to last post
0 147
leagacy problems with vista by darkride_comando
I just bought a new laptop with Vista installed. I also purchased a webcam that will not run with vista, but works on my older machine (XP) Also, I cannot find patches for autocad or a number of my business applications. Are there legacy drives / patches for vista that will support older hardware / software? HELP!!!
April 8th 07 12:02 AM
by joepercussion1 Go to last post
3 132
DVD drive problems by neil2jo
I recently bought a pioneer 112 DL dvd burner and removed my old CDRW ,which was set to slave, as I have another DVD burner NEC already. I set up thenew one exactly the same, slave. But since installing, the NEC drive no longer refreshes and each time I click it to open it comes up with application error, followed by the box the box where you label your disc for backups (windows back up). I...
April 8th 07 12:01 AM
by Don Go to last post
4 143
Activating TPM 1.2 by Dick Driessen
Hello, I have a problem with Windows Vista and my TPM chipset after a BIOS-upgrade. After the upgrade I cannot control the TPM chipset anymore. My program (Infineon Security Platform Settings Tool 3.0) tells me to activate the TPM chipset in the BIOS. I tried several times to do this, but for some reason the BIOS doesn't activate the chipset, it only enables it. When I tried accesing the...
April 8th 07 12:00 AM
by Dick Driessen Go to last post
0 150
DVD drive not working properly by reductant
It won't install anything. I can stick in a disc and I can view the contents of a disc, but it won't install anything from the disc. I also wasn't able to install Vista from this drive. It is an HP 640b and no Vista drivers will ever be available. Should I buy a new drive?
April 7th 07 09:46 PM
by Rock Go to last post
5 181
Not able to power down? by UGA Dawgs
We have a Gateway MA3 with Turion 64 and originally equipped with XP bought Nov. '06. We received the Gateway Vista Express upgrade, 32-bit and installed it. Everything works fine except: 1.) Does not completely power down. If I choose the shut off, goes through all the correct steps then screen goes black/blank but the power button stays on and the lap top cannot be restarted unless...
April 7th 07 08:39 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 140
DVD BURNER NOT RECOGNIZED by Drunkgiraffe
Hello, since i upgraded to Vista i cannot use my DVD Burner. Under Device Manager it is a "SONY DVD RW DW-D22A ATA DEVICE" Any Help Please? Thanks.
April 7th 07 07:02 PM
by Drunkgiraffe Go to last post

From The