HDD disappears during formatting by pnumminen
I installed a new, second HDD. I initialized it and began formatting it on Disk Management. When I just came back after being away from the computer for a few minutes, I noticed that the whole HDD, not to mention its formatting process, had completely disappeared from Disk Management! The HDD is still physically connected, it wasn't taken away by a fairy. What caused this and how to prevent it...
June 1st 09 06:56 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
4 302
Cannot get AMD nVidia RAID 1 on RC2 x32 by PNutts
I've already posted this in the "General" forum by mistake. Sorry for the duplicate post. I have XP and RC2 dual booting on a SATA RAID 0 array with no issues. The problem is that I also have a SATA RAID 1 array that RC2 recognizes as two separate disks instead of an array. XP has no problem recognizing it so I think I've done the first few steps right! :) I've tried a few tricks in this...
October 22nd 06 01:03 PM
by Theo Go to last post
2 144
Any reason to not buy new motherboard now? by PNutts
Hi all! I want to upgrade my system and is there any reason to not go ahead and do it now, other than after Vista is released there may not be a lag in the mb drivers release? For example, I assume, say, in March 2007 the motherboards will have Vista drivers included. I'm curious if there is any fundamental difference in the architecture of a motherboard designed "for vista" instead of...
December 29th 06 07:34 PM
by LaRoux Go to last post
5 197
Logitech Headset(Microphone) Isn't working by Poet
I can't get the mic on my Logitech Headset to work. It uses the 3.5mm ports not USB. It works on XP, but it won't work on Vista. I use it with Ventrilo.
January 16th 08 05:26 AM
by Moonbandito Go to last post
1 118
PDA sync with Vista by pogbellies[_2_]
Anyone know how to get a PDA (Holux GPSMile 60) to sync with Vista, I have a Dell Vista PC with the latest Windows mobile device center installed. I am using McAfee Security centre firewall and antivirus (not Windows firewall.) The Mile 60 is running Windows Mobile 2003. I have tried to configure McAfee to allow Mobile Device Center access to the PC and allowed access to ports as per the...
April 10th 08 01:50 PM
by pogbellies[_2_] Go to last post
0 166
Gratuitous ARP on Vista? by Polaris
Hi Experts: I have noticed some differences on Windows Vista regarding to the gratuitous ARP: I have a virtual adapter, under Windows XP, when IP Helper function "IpRenewAddress" is called for the virtual adapter, gratuitous ARP packet is generated by the system; but under Windows Vista, this seems is not happening. Does this make sense? Can this be explained? Thanks in Advance! Polaris
January 3rd 07 03:08 AM
by Paul Johnson Go to last post
2 257
libc.lib missing in WDK 5744 ? by Polaris
Hi Experts; I no longer see the C runtime library libc.lib under latest WDK 5744. Is it no longer used? Or replaced by another lib? Thanks in advance! Polaris
October 31st 06 05:52 AM
by Doron Holan [MS] Go to last post
1 124
driver by poldino
ho home premium sul pc aspire t671 e non mi carica i driver delle chiavette usb di qualsiasi marca così come il mouse senza fili nortek.cosa posso fare?
July 5th 07 11:08 PM
by poldino Go to last post
0 120
usb not recognized by Polina
"Usb device not recognized" message , it was alright before what do I do? ----------------------- thanks
December 9th 07 03:03 PM
by Polina Go to last post
0 93
every single USB device not recognized! by Polina
it did work before =((( SOS
February 13th 08 07:32 PM
by alexB Go to last post
9 169
Bluetooth Headset Profile in Vista? by Poltergeek
I would really like to know if anyone has successfully set up a bluetooth headset in Vista Enterprise. I have searched seemingly everywhere, and have not found an answer. Can anyone provide some insight as to why Microsoft removed support for this from the Beta's to the RTM, and is there a way to provide this functionality. I have found numerous people asking this question, and no...
December 20th 06 01:25 AM
by hbeardave Go to last post
2 175
Does PixelView PlayTVPro Ultra Work In Vista RTM? by Poncio Pilatos
Model : TV-304P+ Thanks. s Pôncio Pilatos
November 19th 06 06:18 PM
by Poncio Pilatos Go to last post
0 126
Vista RC2 x Pixelview PlayTYPro Ultra by Poncio Pilatos
Hello. My name is Pôncio Pilatos and I live in São Paulo, Brazil. My english is not good, but I'll try to do my best :-) I'm using Vista RC2 (English) and I'm having problems with Pixelview PlayTVPro Ultra. I put the board in my PC and Vista detected. I put the CD to install and after reboot, it's seems that is not fully installed.
November 4th 06 03:37 AM
by Poncio Pilatos Go to last post
0 227
Bluetake BT009x driver by Pontus Edvardsson
Hi, I have a Bluetake BT009x bluetooth device that there are no Vista specific drivers for (yet anyway). I need to transfer a lot of files to my phone, but all I get is a stupid wizard that only allows me to select one file at a time?! Has anyone a sollution/workaround, even an application which would allow me to add shortcuts to the "Send to" menu? At the moment I'm running floAt's Mobile...
September 17th 06 02:23 PM
by Pontus Edvardsson Go to last post
0 163
BIOS shows correct speed ofCPU, Vista doesn't by Pooch
I have the AMD 5000+ black edition which has an unlocked multiplier. The default multiplier is 13X and FSB is 200. When I increase the multiplier in the BIOS, to 14X, the BIOS will show the proper speed at 2.8. When I go into Vista, it shows the CPU as 2.6, no increase in speed. If I change the FSB to say 215, Vista will report the almost 2.8 properly. What must I do to make Vista read...
June 10th 08 09:06 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 175
Runtime error hptskmgr.exe by Poopsie
Hi folks can anyone tell me how to resolve the following Runtime error when I start up my laptop in Vista RC1? Program:C:\ Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\comp\hptskmgr.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate itin an unusual way. Please contat the applications support team for moe information. Any ideas, it is the only issue with RC1 at the moment. Thanks very much
December 27th 06 09:17 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 215
sony cyber shoot DSC-N2 can not be recognized by poor me :'(
how can i let my pc recognize my camera ? i tried the camera cd but it didn't work and i asked sony & they told me that the driver should be already installed in vista what to do??????
May 13th 07 07:56 PM
by poor me :'( Go to last post
0 130
Safely removing external HDD that system says is in use by another program by popalong
When I try to remove Drive F at the Computer window, or from the taskbar, it says "can't remove, in use by another program". This became an issue after I ran Windows Backup for the first time. Earlier backup was the Acer version. Acer's version backs up C partition and records on D. Windows backed up C and D and recorded on external drive F. Here is the contents of Shared Folders Share...
August 25th 09 06:58 PM
by popalong Go to last post
0 177
Not able to burn CD or DVD w/ SiS PCI IDE driver by Popocatepetl
ASUS barebone system P533 with on board SiS PCI IDE chipset running Vista RTM is not able to burn DVD or CD's well. While starting the burn process the first 4-5% went well after that the burning stop and hang. DVD Drive is identified well (ASUS DRW-0804P) and set to automatcally to Ultra DMA mode 2. Even when DMA mode is switched off in the driver settings it still won't work. Within...
February 2nd 07 02:13 PM
by Popocatepetl Go to last post
0 156
WARNING. Recommended Windows Update network driver kills Vista. by Poppy
Here is a warning to those with Attansic L1 Gigabit network controller chips on their motherboard, such as ASUS P5N-E. Do NOT, repeat NOT, install the recommended network adapter driver from Microsoft Update. The recommended hardware driver appears with a different manufacturer name, not Attansic. (sorry I can't remember). If you download and install the recommended hardware driver, Vista...
October 28th 07 05:22 AM
by rhlblue[_4_] Go to last post

From The