No sound by russell997
as above i have no sound, and im not sure what drivers i need, the mother board is a abit kn8 sli, i have installed the nvidia drivers for it, and i have tryed the realtek drivers but that didnt work either.
April 7th 07 04:28 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Go to last post
2 139
IEEE 1394 Devices not recognized in Vista Ultimate by Ann Kennedy
If someone knows what I ought to be doing to get these devices recognized, please, please speak up. All of my IEEE 1394 devices work perfectly in Windows XP Pro, which I am dual booting in another partition. Can you point me to a place where I can get information to figure this out? Do I need to add or turn on a Service? Anybody else have iLink/Firewire/IEEE 1394 working?
April 7th 07 03:08 PM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
3 148
Microphone is always on. by Alfred Kaufmann
My microphone is always on and I wonder is this is a problem with Vista Home Premium or with the Vista driver from Auzentech? I think it may be causing feedback thatI do not wnt. In XP PRO the microphone only worked when required by an application. Al
April 7th 07 02:23 PM
by dev Go to last post
2 121
vista reading a storage HD that is 32 bit by Raistlin737
I am installing Vista 64 bit on my system. I have a 2nd HD I use for storage. After installing Vista, will it be able to read this 2nd (32 bit) HD or will I need to format the 2nd drive also??? If so, how can I save the info on the 2nd drive??
April 7th 07 12:03 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 116
Intellimouse Optical detected incorrectly in Vista x64 by Patrick
I have the original "Intellimouse Optical" mouse. When I connect it to my Vista Ultimate x64 machine it shows up in Device Manager as "Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Web" which is the incorrect name. At first I didn't notice the problem. But then I installed the latest IntelliMouse drivers which supposedly support this mouse. When I start the IntelliMouse control panel it tells me that a...
April 7th 07 06:34 AM
by Patrick Go to last post
0 125
Stay with XP or go to VIsta by John Smith
Hi, i plan to use MS Vista Business on my new laptop. The machine is Asus A6KM with 2.0 Ghz AMD Turion (one core), 512 MB DDR 333 MHz of RAM and GF 7300 GO. As i know, VIsta required at least 512 MB, but i want to run my laptop properly, so i'd like to buy another 512 or 1 GB of memory. The question is: would i be able to run VIsta like my XP on this conf? What do you think? It sounds...
April 7th 07 04:21 AM
by Cyrus Lin Go to last post
2 115
Format and Chkdsk of USB Flash Disks by Will
How is one supposed to check for errors on, and reformat, a USB flash disk? I assume these things all have some specialized geometry, and a standard command line CHKDSK or format is going to mess them up? -- Will
April 7th 07 04:11 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 187
Sound trashed by Andrew
Running Vista Business edition, motherboard D945PSN with PentiumD 3GHz, upgraded from XP Pro. The motherboard has built-in sound. The previously excellent 6 speaker sound has turned to rubbish. The sound is distorted and only 3 speakers work. Can anyone help? TIA Andrew
April 7th 07 02:00 AM
by Andrew Go to last post
4 167
External USB hard drive not recognized by Peter K
I have two IDE hard disks, to be used as external hard disks for backups. For this purpose I bought two NexStar hard drive enclosures, with an IDE/USB interface. The first one, a Maxtor 60 GB disk, works fine. With the second one I have a problem: The hard disk for the second one is an IBM Deskstar, 80 GB. Prior to installing it into the enclosure its partitions had been deleted, so there...
April 7th 07 12:06 AM
by Don Go to last post
3 140
Acer Aspire 5050 sound problems by turtle king
I can not get my sound loud enough on my acer 5050 ever since I upgraded to vista. I tried everything, I updated the driver and turned everything up but it is still very quiet, espcially when I try to play a movie or music on it. Can some one help?
April 6th 07 09:36 PM
by savvyless Go to last post
3 121
Device manager - "class not registered" by Shaun
I am running Vista Home Premium upgrade from Dell. When I try to open the device manager, I simply get an error message that says "class not registered" and then nothing happens. Any advice? Thanks.
April 6th 07 09:16 PM
by Shaun Go to last post
0 148
Help With ATI Radeon Driver for a Thinkpad-x31 by Papillion
Upgraded from windows/xp. ATI Radeon Video (16mg) - unable to determine exact model number. Windows/xp current ATI driver version 10.xx.xx causes Blue Screen of Death problems in Vista, faulting module is at3xxx.dll. Attempt to upgrade to ATI 7.3 Catalyst results in setup hanging in Detectionmanager.dll which is part of the Catalyst setup application. ATI of no assistance, refered me to my...
April 6th 07 09:08 PM
by why_not Go to last post
6 138
Vista Printer Drivers by RD
I have just purchased a new desktop with Vista. When trying to install the printer driver to my HP 750 it automatically selects HP750xi. On text it does not matter but it is reeking havok with graphics. I just want to select the HP 750 off the driver list without Vista "automatically" selecting the wrong driver. Can anyone help?
April 6th 07 08:33 PM
by HEMI-Powered Go to last post
2 116
S-video? by Huib
Hi, I am using a S-viedo cable to connect Vista PC to the TV Sometimes it is working fine but mostly not. I could dedect when faulty the resolution of the second screen had a resolution 600/800 while it should have a lower one 640/480 But when not ok resoltion 600/800 is the only which i can take.
April 6th 07 08:12 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 120
Monitor resolution by 1440 x 900 Resolution Problem
i have a NEC MultiSync LCD195WVXM monitor, and window XP.... but then, the system does not support the resolution of 1440 X 900... someone told me that it works if i download DirectX 9C....but..i don't think it does.. what can i do?.. thank you
April 6th 07 08:07 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 178
allow disabled com ports by Mike
Help A few weeks ago I found some info in one of the forums that said I could speed up boot time by disabling unused com / ptr ports. I did so and now I can not find out how to undo this as I now need the ports. nay help would be appreciated. Mike
April 6th 07 07:02 PM
by Mike Go to last post
1 125
Display only "half-awakens" after sleep by John Chamberlain
I have a 2 year old Toshiba laptop with Intel 915GMS graphics which lately has been having a serious problem with the screen going "semi-dark" upon "waking." It has been occurring for a couple of weeks now and the interim solution for me was to not "sleep" it. I am running Vista Ultimate and have all the latest drivers, updates et al. With the aid of additional lighting, I can see well...
April 6th 07 05:28 PM
by John Chamberlain Go to last post
2 123
DVD drive disappears after burning / inserting disc by Mark Beiley
Hello, After I burn a DVD, and when I re-insert a disc into the drive, the drive light stays on forever, and the drive is no longer recognized in Windows. It isn't listed in Device Manager, and it doesn't show up as a drive in Windows Explorer. The manual eject button is non-responsive. It doesn't seem to matter what I use to burn. I've experienced the problem with different burning...
April 6th 07 04:14 PM
by Mark Beiley Go to last post
0 121
Head phone jack by Joey
After I installed windows vista, I began experiencing a problem with the headphone jack. Audio works completely fine, however, when I plug in a pair of headphones, the sound stops playing out of my laptop speaker but does not resume in the headphones. Instead no sound is heard. The speaker device is SigmaTel C-Major Audio. Like I said though, the speakers work fine. just not the...
April 6th 07 03:30 PM
by Owen10473 Go to last post
6 125
Intellimouse explorer and Keyboard Elite for bluetooth on Vista Bu by gustav
When I install the USB bluetooth transciever for my Microsoft bluetooth mouse and Keyboard on my new Dell computer with Vista Business I can't find the bluetoothicon in the control panel. I tested on a Vista Home computer and it worked fine. But on Business it's not working.
April 6th 07 03:16 PM
by gustav Go to last post

From The