Boot loader BCDedit & wirelss keyboard by Tony
I use an accuratus Bluetooth wireless keyboar/mouse. Not sure if its the same for other Wireless keyboard devices but I cannot navigate the bcdedit bootloader menu when configured to dual boot. Is it a known issue for wirelss devices or is it that my device is just not supported with Vista? Cheers
September 13th 06 08:10 PM
by Tony Go to last post
0 184
0x000000B8 Blue Screen by Tony
Hi, i recently installed Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium. I've had it for about two weeks now, And at least once a day I get a blue screen saying "A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine." Blue screen code 0x000000B8. It seems to happen more often when installing something anywhere from a program, game, or even windows updates. I've updated all my...
February 20th 09 10:14 PM
by Tony Go to last post
4 215
Olympus SP 550 UZ problems by Tony
I bought this camera about a week ago. It is Vista Certified and I verified it by looking it up on the Vista compatibility website. The problem is when I installed the software on the disk, and plug in the camera, it still asks for drivers. Now, I have done everything I could think of or have read (deleting INF, installed new mobo drivers, grabbing all the updates to vista I could find,...
July 7th 07 02:12 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 151
HP laserjet 3330mfp and Windows Fax and Scan - VIsta by Tony
1. Can this device be made to work with the fax? Mine detects the scannner (and then scans) but not the fax. If not, is it known, when MS mods or revised HP drivers will be released? 2. Has anyone had any succcesss gettting the device to work through a print server. (Mine prints OK, but only scans when connnected directly to the PC.
July 5th 07 02:08 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 157
SATA disk disappears after deleting Volume Shadow Copy by system, Update for Visual Studio 2005 , KB932232 by Tony
Hi there. A really funny thing happend on my way to the forum this morning :-) After Microsoft's Update service installed the update for Visual Studio 2005 , KB932232 My Maxtor SATA disk completely disappeared (error (0x80070015) in the logs. According to the Windows Vista Ultimate System log and App logs Windows was deleting a Volume Shadow Copy right before this happened
May 17th 07 04:31 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 131
Memory Upgrade by Tony
I upgraded from 2GB of memory to 4GB of memory in my Vista x64 gaming rig and experienced a bunch of problems. First, my machine only recognized 3GB of the installed 4GB. A friend told me to fix this I just had to enable mapping around the hardware memory hole. And that worked as far as the machine would recognize that 4GB were installed. Although right away there were a bunch of other...
February 26th 07 01:08 PM
by Peter Go to last post
9 263
Sync center and Palm Treo 750v by Tony
Hi I tried to connect a Palm Treo 750v to vista sync center but the Vista sync center does not recognize the treo750v Kind regards, Tony Thijs
January 14th 07 10:28 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 236
Default Cd-rom drive by Tony
When I am using a emulation device such as Alcohol 120% to install and run software windows overrides the default drive letter for the cdrom. The software will always look to my "real" cd-rom drive and not the drive it was installed on. I have tryed switching the drive letters around and the software still points to the the real cdrom drive letter. Is there a setting to restrict windows from...
November 3rd 06 04:53 PM
by Tony Go to last post
0 156
touchpad scroll bars by tonsoffun
when i upgraded to vista, the scroll bars on the touch pad of my laptop stopped working. can anyone help?
July 7th 07 05:18 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
1 117
yikes: level meters suddenly disasppeared by tonj
I have a creative CT4810 PCI sound card in my PC with Vista Home Premium. The sound card appears in the device manager as Creative (ES1371,ES1373) WDM. The driver date is 18/6/2002, v5.2.3633.0. When I first installed it I was very pleased to see that Vista had finally included recording level meters in the windows mixer, but now the level meters have disappeared. I don't know exactly when they...
February 24th 07 01:56 PM
by tonj Go to last post
0 213
vista got reduced hardware ability? by tonj
I find it strange that windows vista (Home Premium) can't pick up my video hardware like Windows XP did. I have a Fly DVB TV PCI card and in Vista Windows Movie Maker doesn't give any option to choose it as a capture source. All it lists is import 'From digital video camera', there's no other option. In Windows XP WMM listed all my video hardware. The Fly card does work in Windows Vista but the...
February 5th 07 10:58 PM
by tonj Go to last post
3 233
firewire tv tuner by tonj
I'm a big fan of firewire and I'm looking to buy a HD capable firewire TV tuner for my PC, preferably something that might be compatible with Vista, or if not Vista, at least WinXP Media Center Edtion. I've seen a few firewire boxes using google but I was hoping to hear from someone who actually uses one. Has anyone out there used a firewire TV tuner and care to give me feedback on if it was any...
March 28th 07 09:27 PM
by tonj Go to last post
0 103
vista seems very sensitive to hardware changes by tonj
I don't know if its me but my vista software throws a major tantrum if I fit an additional hard drive. I find invariably that it wont boot. I can run a repair from the CD but it seems silly to have to do this. Windows XP and earlier versions just found the new drive during the boot and added it as another drive letter but after fitting an additional hard drive vista gives me an error page that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 14th 07 10:22 PM
by Liz Go to last post
12 292
Keyboard Characters Not Working by tonie
I purchased a new PC with Vista Home Edition. When I tried to access my ISP noticed when typing the @ key I would get a " mark instead. I found that seimcolon : would display and bracket [. I opened a word processing appl and found the same results when typing the same functions. I also tried a old key that I previosuly used that worked on my old pc and once again the same results when...
February 5th 07 07:43 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
1 190
Drivers SONY DCR-TRV14E by Toni
I have a SONY DCR-TRV14E and when i plug the camera into a Visat system, it is not recognized and can't find the drivers to make it running under Windows Vista. Can anyone tell me how can i make it running or where to find the drivers? Thk for the help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 08 01:22 PM
by Robert E[_3_] Go to last post
13 438
Vista SP1 and USB drive - Computer not responding by Tom[_15_]
When I connect a USB drive (SATA, 120GB) to a Vista Home Premium system (SP1), and Computer is selected, the Computer window says , as does the Management Console. Only when the drive is turned off, do Computer and Management Console function properly. The Vista system is running on an HP slimline desktop with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor, running the 32-bit OS, and using a high speed...
June 23rd 08 07:38 AM
by Claudio60 Go to last post
5 206
My Mobile Device gets "USB device not recognized" under Vista x64 by TomTom
I connect my Windows Mobile through the USB cable. I had no problems under Vista x86. But since I moved to x64 my mobile device (Orange SPV3100 Windows Mobile 5) can not connect and is not recognized. I have tried already everything. I removed and re-installed WMDC 6.1 several times with my mobile connected and disconnect before and/or after reboot. Tried "changed devices" in device manager....
January 27th 08 11:26 PM
by tomko44[_2_] Go to last post
2 164
Nvidia windows vista 7 series graphics drivers by TomT
Why won't windows allow the installation of Nvidia 7 series drivers above series 7.15? I'm operating a fully vista compatible hp 7680y media center pc, 4gigM, 2.40 GHZ X2 CPU'S and 7950GT graphics card. I've been trying to install winvista driver 162.22 forceware winvista 32bit english WHQL to no avail. I do a lot of flight simulator stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
August 1st 07 10:49 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 101
Sticky Mouse Problem by TomSullivan
It's weird, my mouse randomly freezes for about half a second to about 5 seconds from time to time. Sometimes it get stuck permanently, but will work if I unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in. Everything continues to function normally, so it doesn't appear as if other things are freezing up in any way. I have unplugged most of my peripherals in hopes of finding a cure, but it...
April 5th 09 03:04 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
7 262
Audio Device not loading in vista! by Tomsk[_2_]
Hi can someone please help me! I am having serious problems! I have recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate and have been unable to get sound devices to load. I am getting an error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) When I look at details for the drivers both devices give problem code 27
November 19th 07 02:50 PM
by Shane Davenport[_2_] Go to last post

From The