USB Modem - Huawei E220 - Vodafone Ireland by A_M_Hanley[_3_]
Anyone out there having problems with this device. I have gone through all the hoops to get the modem working on my laptop (Advent 7201) and got it working. However .... As always with Vista lately .... This causes problems with other USB devices. If I have my laptop on a work and connected via network wirelessly or through a network port everything works fine. At home I need to use the modem...
November 7th 07 06:24 PM
by A_M_Hanley[_3_] Go to last post
0 72
Nvidia Geforce 7800 gtx drivers by Øyvind
Hi! I use Vista 32-bit edition and have just bought a 7800 card, but it doesn't seem to be any drivers for it at www.nvidia.com. Where can I get drivers for the 32-bit Vista for my new card?
October 20th 06 04:47 PM
by Øyvind Go to last post
8 84
Bluescreen??? by ♥frosteyes♥
can Somebody please help me with this? my computer keeps crashing saying something about a bluescreen. Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: d1
October 28th 08 12:41 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 147
Updating ATI or Intel Drivers on RC1 and Pre-RC1 builds by B Barley
I doubt cmedia will get their act together for their new drivers for their most basic motherboard chipsets used by manufactures like asus. I've been using the win xp drivers, and it works...barely. I have a 7.1 surround sound system set up and all I get is the center speaker. "JW" wrote: By the time of the final release of Vista all of the hardware suppliers should have released to MS...
August 29th 06 12:04 AM
by B Barley Go to last post
0 504
Vista Speedset support by B Flow
Since moving a variety of Intel SpeedStep enabled PCs from XP to Vista, it ~appears~ that SpeedStep is not working in that System Properties ALLWAYS shows the rated and current speed as the same (unlike under XP where it would show the delta when system is idle). Under Power Management I've tried changing the Processor Power State Min from the 5% default to 0%, 10%, etc with no change. ...
September 2nd 07 06:58 PM
by kricker Go to last post
3 69
Flash Drive recognition by B H
Hi Guys, Just upgraded from vista to windows 7, and have a problem, in that when I plug a USB Flash drive in, I cannot see it, it is recognized in the 'Safely remove hardware' box, but in the device manager it calls it an unknown device, under storage volumes. Could use some advice please how do I rectify the problem Your help is appreciated Thanks and Regards Bob
November 3rd 09 09:46 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 120
Blue Screen by b1_returns
Got a new computer in January, is Vista, just started recently getting BSOD's..Also not sure if its a coincidance but i seem to get them while running windows media player here the info I get Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 BCCode: 100000b8 BCp1: 84D67780 BCP2: 889E2930
May 14th 08 04:14 AM
by dmex[_91_] Go to last post
3 158
Vista Mystery by babaloo
I have SCSI card for which Adaptec posted Vista drivers soon after Vista was released. For several months the drivers would never install. Vista would not recognize them as Vista drivers. One day out of boredom I tried installing the drivers again from the same file where they have been sitting since day one with no changes. Voila, the SCSI card was recognized and has worked ever...
June 9th 07 05:15 PM
by babaloo Go to last post
0 87
HP is so wonderful by babaloo
If it is your judgment that Vista 64 is usable as an operating system then you should not blame HP.
August 19th 07 05:21 PM
by Crazy Noddy Go to last post
1 121
Vista Vision by babaloo
I have Vista in a dual boot system with XP and an LCD connected via digital cable. Color management in Photoshop requires calibrating the monitor with a device that measures screen brightness and color values. The videocard is an Nvidia. At default monitor settings the calibration device measures different brightness and color values, not massive differences but easily detected differences,...
May 6th 07 03:49 PM
by babaloo Go to last post
0 91
no sound by Bablakeboy
I can see,hear & talk to friends using Skype or Live Messenger, but I have no sound at all when I go to Media Player. I can't play (hear) a music CD or hear a radio station. I hear no "welcome" sound when I start Windows. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, SoundMax Integrated DigitalHD Audio,both of which I have re-installed to no avail. Any suggestions?
March 4th 08 04:16 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 82
monitor by Babs
On my new vista pc there is line down the right side of the monitor - about 1 inch from the edge
June 9th 07 05:51 PM
by Babs Go to last post
3 139
Windows doesnt see my vcr which is attached using coax by babs126
i have a computer with a tv tuner and coax ports. I have conected my vcr to the computer but wimdows movie maker doesnt see the device. HELP!!
February 21st 08 03:06 AM
by babs126 Go to last post
2 67
CD/DVD Drive Error by Baby Aku
I have recently ran a game on my E: drive (CD/DVD Drive). Then came the problems. First, the CD/DVD tray won't open, both when done automatically or manually. Second, It won't read any more CD/DVD. However, the tray can be ejected by using the famous "paper clip method". The error (dialogue box) that pops up when I try to automatically eject the tray showed: "'DVD RW DRIVE (E:)' IS CURRENTLY IN...
July 9th 08 03:25 AM
by Smithsonian[_5_] Go to last post
2 108
help please by BabyGirl0730
trying to free up space on d drive because my HP Total Care Advisor is telling me that yellow indicates that your selected drive may be reaching its capacity and may need some attention. can anyone help please new to winodws vista. -- BG0730
August 6th 07 07:09 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 62
screen problem by babyjayne3
please help me! i am using Vista home basic on a Dell Inspiron 1501. I only have half a screen. If i press the top of the lid the screen appears whilst holding it.. Is this a Visat problem or the Dell Laptop. I dont know much about computers and would appreiate any advise! Thank you.
August 20th 07 05:24 PM
by babyjayne3 Go to last post
2 57
Reader by babykim4
I'm new to microsoft vista and Im having a hard time trying to get my media player to detect my cd's. Please someone help.
July 20th 07 01:58 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 127
ACPI Driver error by Bachag
Hey, I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver. So I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller", and my...
November 29th 07 04:31 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
6 163
Dual Core problem, plz respond by Bachag
Hey, I have posted earlier about an ACPI driver error but now I noticed another problem. "Bachag said: I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver. So I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 07 04:41 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
11 155
tv tuner problem by Bacho
hi, i have Kworld SAA731X, Hybrid Capture Card (Analog) and win vista ultimate ,i update my tvtuner as Certified for Windows Vista and its dosent work in mce he tell me no tuner found! i tried many tvtuner program such beyond tv, wind dvr, power cinema 5 those program accepted by my tv tuner card but there's no video! only can hear sounds! when i was in xp pro there was no problem with my tv...
April 26th 07 12:39 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The