Vista does not identify Secondary monitor by eveneden
..I have tried elsewhere in the community without any response. When I attempted to connect a projector via VGA, Vista did not identify it and the projector screen showed "no signal". I was advised by the projector people to "fool" Vista by connecting a secondary monitor and Vista would set it up and I could then connect the projector, which Vista would consider to be a secondary monitor....
April 6th 07 02:54 PM
by eveneden Go to last post
4 200
Drivers for network adapters/ NIC's and Wireless NIC's by Dane
I have just installed vista but now it doesnt pic up my network adapters that i use to connect to my adsl. I have a wireless card and a network adapter and it wont find either of them. Do i need to find new drivers or what?
April 6th 07 02:45 PM
by GTS Go to last post
1 158
Anyone use HIS PCI Video Cards? by Rod Davies
My GeForce 5200 is my PCs 'weaklink; in Vista Experience terms. Only 128mb on board mem. So I have seen the HIS X1550 PCI card which has 256mb on board memory. Anyone have this card? Thoughts? Concerns? Vista WILL let me unplug the old and plug in a new video card without going thru re-activations, right?
April 6th 07 02:34 PM
by dev Go to last post
3 156
New ATI Driver, Version 7.3, Available by Harry Krause
ATI has a new Vista driver on its site...version 7.3. Lots of fixes for Vista, especially for popular games. I downloaded it and installed it without incident on my VISTA setup.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 07 11:01 AM
by Chris Go to last post
10 259
Adaptec AVC-3610 causes blue screen crash in Windows Vista HP by Evan Tribley
Today I attempted to install an Adaptec AVC-3610 dual usb tv tuner on my laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit). It worked at first after downloading and installing the drivers from Windows Update. I then opened Windows Media Center and set up the tv, and it worked to degree. It was, however, slow and choppy. This same tuner worked seamlessly on Windows MCE 2005 on the same...
April 6th 07 09:30 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
9 208
amilo 3438g - power or fan management does not work by tkj
Hi i own a fujitsu-siemens 3438g, using windows XP, i was able to run it in silent mode (not much fan noise), and the fan stopped automatically when not needed. I now installed Windows Vista on my computer, and the FAN is always on, i hate it... a noisy buzz - infact if i dont find a solution anytime soon, im back to XP :-( i updated the BIOS with the newest version, the Chipset drivers...
April 6th 07 08:08 AM
by tkj Go to last post
0 113
USB Drive Sync by Stoney
Does anybody know how to synce my usb with some folders on my computer... vista business... When i start sync setup it opens windows media player, i turn off automatic sync but still will only open with media player. I want to sync data files, so i dont want to use media player tks
April 6th 07 07:48 AM
by tkj Go to last post
1 119
Updating BIOS by Douglas05602
Can anyone tell me how to flash your BIOS with VISTA? Thanks, Doug
April 6th 07 04:48 AM
by Rock Go to last post
8 148
AMD Dual Core Optimizer Needed in Vista (32 bit)? by broccolibeef
Under Vista (Ultimate, 32 bit), do I need to install the AMD dual core optimizer for my AMD dual core proc(x2, 3800+, Toledo)? The AMD Dual Core Optimizer can be found he http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html Thanks!
April 6th 07 03:21 AM
by NjetSpam Go to last post
4 123
Refresh Rate by Bullet
I have a CRT Monitor and ATI X1900XTX graphics card. I have the correct drivers and my monitor is listed correctly. In XP you could force the refresh rate for 3d app's, through both dxdiag and in the ati drivers, but you don't seem to be able to do this in Vista. Anyone got any recommendations of good tool to use for forcing refresh rates in Vista ?. Thanks...
April 6th 07 02:56 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 120
Mouse Problem's by ruben
Since a few weeks ago i got vista running on my pc i have a big problem with my mouse. Sometimes my mouse wont move for like 2,5 or 10 seconds. And sometimes it does totally nothing after a while. And sometimes my mouse goes crazy it flashes trough my screen and clicks opens all kinds of programms and stuff wich is pretty anoying. I have tried to fix this problem by replacing my simple Sweex...
April 6th 07 02:53 AM
by Rock Go to last post
4 141
Need video drivers for Intel 810/810e/815/815e series video card by M Skabialka
I installed Vista Beta 2 on an older Dell machine with an Intel 810/810e/815/815e series video card. All I can get is 8 bit 800x600 display settings. I could not find Vista drivers on Intel's or Dell's web sites. Are there any other drivers, something generic maybe which I could use on this test machine? For this machine I am not prepared to buy a new video card as it was headed for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 07 11:19 PM
by guy Go to last post
12 252
Vista, gps, and... ah bluetooth by joke
I am getting a STRONG impression that the only way to use a 'standard' gps device with MapPoint or any of its derivitives (street and xxx) is to use a Microsoft 'standard' GPS device. Everytime I try to connect to my GPS receiver using the Mappoint 'scan' feature, the port is no longer available (however, it works with all other map products that I have). I have looked through...
April 5th 07 10:42 PM
by Loren Amelang Go to last post
1 119
Readyboost Question by mr_hadley
At the moment ive got 1.5gb installed in my system (x3 512mb 3200 DDR) running with Vista Ultimate, and ive just ordered a 1GB kingston USB memory stick that is combatable with Vista Readyboost. Now my question is this, how much differance will this extra 1gb via readyboost help my system? Ive also got a 256mb Stick which works but not that well. Any assistance on this matter would be...
April 5th 07 10:33 PM
by Go to last post
6 135
display on monitor question by sleepy
Um, I turned on my computer and the desktop/displays were rotated 90 degrees. Which means the left side of the monitor now the bottom. I hope that makes sense.. if it doesn't, imagine needing turning your monitor on its side in order to read and click everything properly. ack, I hope I put this in the right place..
April 5th 07 10:22 PM
by sleepy Go to last post
1 127
Speakers not working.... by jmemarie
I have some Altec Lansing Speakers with a subwoofer, & I cannot get them to work with Windows Vista. I went to their website to download drivers, but none were available. I never needed software before, they were just plug & play. The speakers that came with my new computer are built into my monitor & they really suck! Any suggestions?
April 5th 07 03:00 PM
by dave53 Go to last post
4 106
HELP! I have no desktop!!! :'( by spïrö
okie dokey... I'm not sure what happened, but if there is anyone out there with a solution, i'll forever be in your debt. I'll explain... I was playing a game and got called away to dinner. When I came back One Care told me that it just downloaded a new update and needed to install it and restart the computer. It said that this would happen in 5 1/2 hours or
April 5th 07 02:25 PM
by GTS Go to last post
1 116
cort in BILL GATES pocket?? well......... by dingo
are you to a victum of vista??? felt ripped off??dissapointed with the new OS? cos its let you down?..............................................well i would like to hear your story?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 07 01:57 PM
by Iron Feliks Go to last post
16 244
Modem ADSL Alcatel speed touch home by Buck
Hi all, Does anybody use the ADSL modem Alcatel speed touch home? Could you please tell me how to configure it with Vista? It worked fine with Windows XP :( Thanks in advance. Max
April 5th 07 12:36 PM
by Buck Go to last post
0 127
About Nvidia Go7200 by Forming
Hello everyone, i just upgraded my OS to Vista, got Go7200 driver form microsoft update,but my laptop is black screen random, it worked just fine on XP. Thanks
April 5th 07 12:34 PM
by Forming Go to last post

From The