camera settings on Vista by Bumbrlik[_2_]
Hello all, I have a Canon PowerShot SD750 camera. This is what used to happen when I connected it to my computer - a window would pop up, it would ask me if where I want to download the picture, how they should be named, if the pictures should be deleted from my camera etc. It also gave me an option to set defaults to some of these settings and there was a checkbox "Don't ask me again" (or...
July 10th 09 10:58 AM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
6 332
DVD writer not detected properely by michaelreef
The hard drive in my dell Inspiron 1525, running Vista Home Basic (32 bit) failed last week and I was provided a replacemnt hard drive by dell the next day. However after reinstalling windows and Ubuntu (the system is a dual boot), I installed all the vista drivers including the latest firmware for the dvd writer, the firmware seemed to install properely. If however I try to reinstall the...
July 9th 09 02:50 PM
by michaelreef Go to last post
0 266
How can I reset external monitor settings? by agaethwe
Hello everyone! I find myself in a very frustrating predicament. Yesterday I tried connecting my laptop to my 46" Samsung TV (LN46A650) using a top-end VGA cable, and it worked beautifully out-of-the-box. I was able to get a resolution of 1280 x 768 mirrored, and, more importantly, 1920 x 1080 when using only the external monitor. It looked gorgeous, and I should've left well enough alone....
July 8th 09 10:25 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
3 275
Replace Hard Disk by Rebecca
Hi. I am using Vista Home Premium, so I do not have the CompletePC Backup feature, sadly. I just finished reinstalling VISTA and a ton of programs, only to realize stupidly that I am running out of hard disk space because of all the downloading I am doing. It would be pure hell to have to reinstall everything again. I want to replace my hard drive with one with double the capacity. Can I...
July 7th 09 09:31 PM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
4 307
Printer Proble with HP Officejet 7310xi All-in-one by [email protected]
I started getting ink smears when printing. They are horizontal lines that vary in length. I've tried aligning, cleaning, and even changing cartridges but to no avail. I did notice a crumpled piece of foam under where the black cartridge parks and some ink under that. I removed the foam and it printed two pages perfectly then back to smearing.
July 7th 09 09:28 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 281
[Help]I can't format my HDD External by spangler
Hello ... i've seen a lot with this type of question around here, but i don't quite found the answer that i've been looking before. Okay here's the problem... i just bought My Book Essential 1 TB today... and when i got home i plug it and it works just fine but its bothering me that the HDD type is FAT32 .. so i format it and try to change it to NTFS.. but somethings happen and boom the electric...
July 7th 09 02:17 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
9 322
Unable to safely remove USB external drive by larry8
When I try to disconnect my external usb drive I get the following message. " Windows can't stop your Generic volume device because it is in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again later." I have no programs running that would be accessing the USB external drive that I know of. Is there some way to find out what program is accessing it? I...
July 7th 09 05:41 AM
by steventhompson77 Go to last post
4 323
ATI FireGL V5200 laptop graphics chip heating question?? by Crunch[_4_]
Folks, Hi everyone! I am really desperate for a answer to this riddle. I hope you guys can respond even if you have suggestions "only"...doesn't matter. I've solved many problems for friends and myself that way! :-) I feel like I'm standing in front of the solution, but can't see it. :-(((( Alright, so I have a Thinkpad T60p with the stats in the signature. I put the T7600 and the Atheros...
July 7th 09 04:50 AM
by Crunch[_4_] Go to last post
0 272
recovery (d) is full by nonmon42
I receive a message that recover d is full and it tells me to back up files and delete any unneeded files. When I open drive recover d all that is there is recycle bin and that is empty When I run a system diagnostic report it says that there is only 15% free disk space. It says to verify disk space which I did then back up non critical files and remove from the drive. I also did that all...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 09 01:00 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
13 533
Unable to detect DVD device by Darryl Von Rokk
Hi, I recently purchased a Dell with Vista 64 bit. I have been watching DVD's the past few days on it without any problems. I was able to watch one this morning but when a put another one in I received the following message: *Unable to detect DVD or DVD device on this computer*. This computer has yet to be hooked up online, so nothing new has been added or updated on it. I rebooted, as well as...
July 6th 09 11:36 AM
by Darryl Von Rokk Go to last post
5 321
0x9F_3_IMAGE_5U870CAP.sys by Sal
bluescreen with the fault bucket: 0x9F_3_IMAGE_5U870CAP.sys any help will be appreciated.
July 6th 09 08:34 AM
by Sal Go to last post
0 242
Instant shutdowns by Dementis
I have recently installed a Hitachi 7k1000.B hard drive as a replacement for a WD one. ever since I have done this Vista shuts down within 10 or 15 minutes unexpectedly and without an error message. I am dual-booting with Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" which has been up and running for almost 80 hours now on a geforce8200 motherboard with onboard sound and video. This seems to be Vista specific. I have...
July 6th 09 12:30 AM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 255
Mouse Jumps to Corners after Recent Vista update by Max
My mouse randomly jumps to one of the 4 screen corners. It began after this week's Vista update. System Restore didn't fix it. I changed the "jump to" setting in the control panel and it didn't fix it. There doesn't seem to be any information in the knowledge base. Does anyone have any suggestions?
July 5th 09 07:32 PM
by rupert13 Go to last post
3 314
5.1 speakers on laptop (toshiba satellite x200) reading as stereo by Dave
I have subject laptop but the speakers properties have only stereo speakers listed for config in control panel. laptop has 4 x harmon kardon speakers with bass, listed as 5.1 speakers under specs. Just loaded latest drivers (realtek) from toshiba canada website but still no list of 5.1 speakers for config. Any suggestions on how to get the speakers listed as 5.1 or did I misunderstand...
July 5th 09 10:50 AM
by McConnor Go to last post
4 284
Uninstalling Finale 2002 by Paul Calcagno
I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale 2002 Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now having problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are open, like Firefox. Finale...
July 4th 09 09:11 PM
by JimF[_2_] Go to last post
4 296
dedicated disk, dedicated server by Stephane
hi, can somebody tell me what's the meaning of a decated disk, and dedicated server? thanks in advance Stephane.
July 4th 09 04:31 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 271
Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter by Patrick Whittle
Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 2nd 09 06:13 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
14 626
D-link DWA-547 Connection problem by Matti96
Hi. This other day i turned on my pc and the nettwork would not connect. All it says is: Unidentefied nettwork :confused: i have tried to reinstall the driver but it wont work so if u guys know i can fix it pls write :cry:
July 2nd 09 05:23 PM
by Matti96 Go to last post
0 247
mouse and keyborad problem. by Tim
Hi, I've got a custom built pc- athlonxp 3000+ ,2 gb mem, Windows Vista home basic . The problem is the wired keyboard and wireless mouse aren't working. I swapped out the wireless mouse for a wired one and the problem stayed the same. Any ideas? regards,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 2nd 09 11:05 AM
by Tim Go to last post
13 531
Vista - Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device by Gaz
Hi, For some reason my dvd drive has stopped working. The error message I get is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver mat be corrupt or missing. (Code 39). I have checked for solutions - removed the device, all to no avail. Can anybody help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 2nd 09 10:51 AM
by sands vs[_2_] Go to last post
18 1,194