ATI Video Driver Problem / AMD X2 Workaround (works on RC2) by MelLopez
I do not know if this has been posted but if you have an AMD X2 (Gigabyte K8U-939 mobo) and an ATI Video Card (Radeon 9600), you may find after installing Vista the driver will not load (Code 43 in Device Manager). A workaround is to download a freeware utility called EasyBCD to force Vista to use ONE CPU. After this change your video drivers will load. If anyone has an answer on how to...
October 15th 06 10:03 AM
by mittelk Go to last post
4 143
Line-in does not work on ASUS A8V deluxe by Kshitij
I have ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ The line-in from onboard sound card is not working at all on any VISTA versions Tried with beta 2, RC1 and even now in RC2. Due to this am not able to get any audio from TV tuner card. Is there any known conflct with this motherboard or its chipset? On the same machine Line-in works perfectly fine in Windows XP.
October 15th 06 10:09 AM
by Kshitij Go to last post
4 143
Speedstep by VistaLover
Hi, I've just installed build 5744 on my HP NC6400 T7200 cpu. And I see that the CPU is running on max speed (2GHz) even if I'm in powersaver mode. When i run XP Pro I get about 4 hours batt. time, but now i get 2 hours :-( Does anyone else have the same problem or have the solution?
October 15th 06 10:17 AM
by VistaLover Go to last post
0 141
Speedstep by VistaLover
Hi, I've just installed build 5744 on my HP NC6400 T7200 cpu. And I see that the CPU is running on max speed (2GHz) even if I'm in powersaver mode. When i run XP Pro I get about 4 hours batt. time, but now i get 2 hours :-( Does anyone else have the same problem or have the solution?
October 15th 06 10:18 AM
by VistaLover Go to last post
0 161
Power management not working in RC1? by Kan
I am running 32bit RC1 build 5600. I previously had the July CTP installed (don't remember the build number). With the July CTP, power management worked. The hard disk spun down, display shut off, computer went to sleep, etc, etc, on schedule. After a clean install of RC1 however (installed to a new Windows folder), power management does not seem to work anymore. I have tried different...
October 15th 06 10:26 AM
by VistaLover Go to last post
7 164
Palm Desktop won't install by Bob H
I installed it by going to the correct folder on the CD, right-clicking on the program and selecting "Run As Adminstrator". It installed OK, and I was able to synchonise my Palm with the PC. Hovever, I can't open the desktop program - it puts the splash screen on my Vista desktop but won't proceed beyond that point. "marstinson" wrote: I was able to install the Palm desktop software...
October 15th 06 02:18 PM
by Bob H Go to last post
0 188
sil 0680 raid controller by chriske911
when you run the upgrade advisor in xp it tells me there will be no problem with this mass storage controller for the drivers are a part of the vista installation strangely enough they are not :/ drivers for this controller are to be found on the q-tec website: http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=31&cid=3&ctid=2&osid=10& so, you need to install the drivers...
October 15th 06 03:58 PM
by chriske911 Go to last post
0 135
NVidia card/wont run the score/driver stops responding by [email protected]
Hi, I have a 256mb Nvidia 6200 OC card. I am able to run aero, but for some strange reason i cant run the Experience Index. It freezes when it does the Direct3D Texture Load Assesment. A bubble pops up at the tray and tells me that the driver nvlddmkm stopped working but recovered. and the assesment never finishes. ever... i left the pc on for two days and it never moved. i am using the...
October 15th 06 04:02 PM
by DCR Go to last post
3 153
No Sound at all. by Scanner
Hello. Today I'v upgraded from XP to Vista RC2, and now I got no sound... I don't know the specs on my PC, and since HP don't have them posted on their site I don't know what to do really. (Device Manager) I think this is my soundcard... Other devices: Multimedia Audio Controller It's strange, since the microphone input seems (havn't tried though) to work: Sound, video and game controllers:...
October 15th 06 06:09 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 152
WD Passport USB 80gb hard drive by pete
I have the exact same drive and am experiencing the same problem. Unless anyone else has found a solution, I guess we'll just wait until Vista is officially released, then ask WD when they're willing to help. -Pete "Charles" wrote: Vista does not recognize my WD Passport USB hard drive. Is this a known problem? Vista recognizes my other USB devices.
October 15th 06 07:01 PM
by Clark Go to last post
6 158
Network Card that works with Windows Vistra 64-bit??? by bob
Does anyone know of a networking card that definitely works with Windows Vista 64 bit? It will not work properly with the Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet controller that is built into my motherboard even though it installs a driver for it from the dvd (it says the network cable is not connected when it is). There is no driver for the wireless or wired nic cards I also have. Help please – I...
October 15th 06 09:20 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
2 180
soundmax driver by better_beta
Unfortunately, no Soundmax.exe files exist on my machine. Maybe 'coz I did a "clean" install of Vista?? "Peter" wrote: I've since upgraded to Soundblaster but I did get Soundmax to work by going into the program files and right-clicking each Soundmax .exe and clicking "Run as Administrator" also run in XP compatibility mode. --
October 15th 06 09:26 PM
by better_beta Go to last post
0 128
soundmax driver by better_beta
Device Manager doesn't show any multimedia controller. Only sound, video, and game controllers. Under there, only Soundmax "inkiowny" wrote: Solution intergrated digatel audio go to device manger, tab by the questionmark multimedia controller, tab reinstall driver, choose search automatically for updated driver software.
October 15th 06 09:29 PM
by better_beta Go to last post
0 133
Help: Unable to play video files on RC2 by Winston
I am not able to play any video files either using WMP or from Media Center. Playing songs seems to work okay but video causes the mouse to freeze and then the screen goes blank (black). No way to go except rebooting the system as it just hangs there in black screen. Does this every time I try to play a video file. System is a P4 2.80GHz 1023 MB RAM Nvidia GE Force 6600GT with current...
October 15th 06 09:52 PM
by Martin Stein Go to last post
6 155
ATI Radeon x300 and Aero by Vince
Hi, My laptop has an ATI Radeon x300 with 64mb of memory. Aero Glass works fine so far with RC1. Does anyone know if I will not be able to use Aero when the final version comes out, since they say 128 mb is what I need?
October 15th 06 10:40 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 126
Linksys Wireless by Chris
If it wasn't for this darn wireless Linksys card that stops working so much, I might just keep Vista. Does anyone have any ideas before I resort back to XP Pro ? So far I have tried : o Loading different drivers on the card o Loading different firmware on the WRT54G router (Linksys, Sveasoft, & HyperWRT) o Checking in vein for updates from MS and Linksys o Turning WEP on and off (even tried...
October 16th 06 12:08 AM
by Jerry P Go to last post
4 138
linksys 10/100tx pci problems by gregory
Hi seen many posts here where apparently this works with win xp drivers. I have tried everything. Tried all the drivers on the CD - win98, xp, nt, etc etc. When you update the driver and point it to the driver cd and the appropriate directory, it rejects saying something about not finding the driver, you can't force it to install anyway. Any ideas? how did others get it to work?
October 16th 06 12:16 AM
by Clark Go to last post
1 141
Canon N650U Scanner - Installed OK But Not Recognised By Programs by Bob H
Here's a wierd one - I got the XP drivers for my Canon N650U to install OK, and if you go to the Scanners & Cameras applet in the Control Panel and use the diagnose function it gets a clean bill of health and is reported as working correctly. However, both the Photogallery and Fax & Scan programmes tell me that no scanner is detected - so I can't actually use it. PS - Using 32 Vista RC1,...
October 16th 06 02:05 AM
by Brian Bradley Go to last post
2 134
Artec T14a ATSC USB dongle by PilotBob
Does anyone know if there is any support for the Artec T14a ASTC USB receiver. I have upgraded to Vista and enjoying the new MCE, but have not found drivers that will work for the device. The device was working for me under Windows XP MCE, but trying to load the XP drivers under Vista crashes the machine. Thanks in advance, Bob
October 16th 06 02:28 AM
by PilotBob Go to last post
0 135
Artec T14a NTSC USB Vista Drivers? by PilotBob
Hi, Does anyone know if there are drivers available for the Artec T14a NTSC USB dongle for use in Vista RC2? I have been using the device succesfully under Windows XP MCE, but am now trying Vista RC2 build 5744. No drivers are discovered out of the box, and there are no Vista drivers on the Artec support site.
October 16th 06 02:31 AM
by PilotBob Go to last post

From The