Buffalo DriveStation not recognised by Vista by TomnJo
Hi, Anyone any experience of getting Vista to recognise a Buffalo DriveStation Combo? Vista won't recognise mine whether I connect it via the USB or the FireWire cable. The drive is supposed to be Plug-and-Play under Vista - no such luck!!! I haven't had any problems with any other devices ... plug-and-play has always worked before. I'm about ready to give up and return the drive to the...
September 8th 08 02:53 PM
by JohnFitz[_2_] Go to last post
6 208
Audio on FSC S2110 (STAC9753) by tommyl
Hi there! Any ideas how to get the STAC9753 audio driver to work under Vista64 Build 6000? I tried in Vista32, and it said that everything was fine, but no sound. In Vista64, well, no drivers available it seems.. Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Regards, Tommy
November 25th 06 11:58 AM
by tommyl Go to last post
0 161
Reinstalling Vista Ultimate on second SATA hard drive by tommyg
Can't find this exact question here.... so mine is: I bought a new SATA internal HDD and want to move my current Vista installation to it. I should have no trouble moving the system files to that new drive. The key question is: Will Vista need me to reactivate? Will there be any other product hiccups?
August 28th 08 03:19 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 171
Removing Memory Cards by tommy1de
::I'm confused: When I remove a memory card (xD, Smart Media, etc.,) from my multi-card reader on my computer after transfering photos to my hard drive, do I need to use the \"Safely Remove Hardware\" function? How about when I remove a USB Flash Drive after transfering photos? Or is the \"Safely Remove Hardware\" option just used when removing a USB connected device such as a printer or...
June 3rd 09 10:03 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 305
System Hang by Tommy
I just upgraded almost everything in my PC and every since I did my system will hang for no particular reason, or time period. I will post my specs and hope someone may have an answer. Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Intel Pentium D 3.2 Dual Core cpu Nvidia Nforce 790I Ultra SLI motherboard EVGA Geforce 9800 GX2 Video Creative X-FI Xtreme Fatality Sound 4 GB (2x2048) OCZ 1800 mhz DDr3 memory
October 6th 08 03:54 PM
by xeon1203 Go to last post
4 286
8GB RAM by Tommy
I have Vista Home Premium 32. I have 8GB of RAM in my MB. My BIOS is showing 8GB of Ram but when I go into Windows it is showing in Device Manager only 3667GB of RAM. Why is there a difference and why is Windows Vista not recognizing the other 4GB of RAM.
March 6th 08 01:53 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 175
restoring trash bin deleted items by Tommy
I recented purchased new photo software. I sent what I thought was copies from other photo software to the recycle bin and emptied it. I went back to the my new photo software and the files are missing. How can I restore the deleted photos ? -- Tommy
December 7th 07 04:51 PM
by Tommy Go to last post
0 128
TV Tuner no longer works after update by Tommy
I have a sager NP9880 that came with the MPC622 tv tuner card, shows up as Conexant Falcon II card. I have upgraded it to vista ultimate and loved it at first, everything worked great minus a fix I had to do for the sound, no biggy. So the problem I am having now is this. I finally got moved and new internet up and running again, downloaded all the updates and the tuner card is no longer...
October 24th 07 02:44 AM
by JW Go to last post
3 83
I have my USB reporting as Malfunctioned by tommore
I have just installed Windows Vista, I dont have broadband in my laptop i connect it through Dial up with the help of an USB modem. Im facing a problem for the second time, Its a newly installed operating system, the internet has been connecting very well for the first 2 days after installing the operating system, Then when i connect it again with the usb it says , USB not recognized and it has...
January 20th 08 02:21 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 129
Vista x64 and Gigabyte MB 4G RAM Issue - help by tommiy[_9_]
I have a GA-965P-DS3 rev 3.3 MB, GS7900, 2x320G Seagate sata drives and 4G of RAM. My issue is that vista x64 will reboot indefinitely at times and then not at others. At present it will not start with 4G in it at all. I'm running at whits end trying to figure out what is wrong here. I've discovered that turning on boot logging doesn't actually log the boot failure at all....just the subsequent...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 29th 07 08:49 AM
by John_T[_14_] Go to last post
22 441
Recommend ASUS Board for vista x64 with 4G of RAM by tommiy[_15_]
Does anyone have a recommendation here? I don;t require an extreme MB with all the gadgets just a nice reliable run of the mill mb that will run vista x64 with 4g of ram properly. Before anyone asks why ASUS well because in the past they have been reliable for me. I ventured into a gigabyte board when vista came out and have regretted it in time and money ever since. See one of my other threads...
September 22nd 07 11:19 PM
by tommiy[_18_] Go to last post
3 103
HP Photosmart D7160 does not give Ink levels in Vista Ultimate by TomKo
After I upgraded from Vista x64 Home Premium to Ultimate I can no longer get the Ink Levels for the printer. It worked fine on Premium but one it did the Anytime Upgrade it stopped giving that information. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and software, but still no Ink Levels. HP tech support was a complete waste of time as all they seem to be able to do in India is read the same...
May 30th 07 10:14 PM
by TomKo Go to last post
7 118
HP Photosmart D7160 does not give Ink levels in Vista Ultimate by TomKo
After I upgraded from Vista x64 Home Premium to Ultimate I can no longer get the Ink Levels for the printer. It worked fine on Premium but one it did the Anytime Upgrade it stopped giving that information. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and software, but still no Ink Levels. HP tech support was a complete waste of time as all they seem to be able to do in India is read the same...
May 28th 07 10:09 PM
by TomKo Go to last post
0 192
Physical RAM being reported incorrectly in Everest by tomkat2006
I have 8GB RAM (4x2GB sticks), works fine to my knowledge, and shows up on the main screen, and in the BIOS as 8GB. Good stuff. However, recently in order to try and improve boot speeds I went into the pagefile and set it as 0 after reading that it isnt needed with this ammount of ram. After rebooting I went into msconfig's advanced boot screen, set the number of processors to 4 and MAX RAM... ...
February 24th 09 08:31 PM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
5 173
Bluescreen shutdowns on fresh PC build--how to research solution i by tomjonesrocks[_2_]
I'm getting unexpected shutdowns left and right on a fresh PC build. The "solution" info is: My PC is shutting down often and giving me the following "solution": Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033
December 14th 07 12:20 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
7 165
nvidia 6600 working but not recognized by TomJ
This one has me completely stumped. A clean install of RC1. Upon loading, it lets me set the correct default resolution for my LCD monitor (1280x1024, at 32-bit color). Everything (except Aero) displays correctly. But my nvidia 6600 AGP card, which is driving the display, is nowhere recognized. There is no "Display Adaptor" listed in Device Manager. When I access "Display Settings," I...
November 4th 06 02:38 AM
by JW Go to last post
3 136
No Sleep Option by TomJ
I just did a clean install (RC1) on a new hard disk in a computer that previously used XP (with the ability to put the computer to "sleep"). On this computer, in Vista, there is no sleep option anywhere. (The power button offers to turn the computer off; "sleep" is greyed out on the fuller list of options (such as restart). Under "Power options--advanced setting" there is no option to...
November 6th 06 09:22 PM
by TomJ Go to last post
3 114
Realtek RTL 8139 Driver for Vista. Unable to find. :( by Tomi Pasin
Hi: Do you find the driver ??? I have the same problem and the card don't work with any driver..... Tomi Pasin
October 15th 06 12:44 AM
by kajrav Go to last post
1 125
Western Digital My Book Premium Edition by Tomi
Hi. I have a problem with this external (320GB) hard disk. I want to use it on Windows Vista Ultimate, but the system don't recognize it, it even don't show the corner popup "System has detected a new hardware...". My Book and computer are connected with USB cable. All the other USB devices work properly. At the moment I can't use FireWire cable because I don't have the FireWire option on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 07 10:12 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
15 311
Vista x64 BSOD or hangs by tomdais
I have an Asus Striker II Formula m/b(3xPciex16) with two 8800GTX in SLI. I bought an AverMedia A177 duo hybrid DVB-t tuner which is pcie x1.When installed the drivers I saw that it took the same IRQ with my 8800 gpus (IRQ16).The manual of the m/b says the 3 pcie slots have share feature for the IRQ. When starting scanning for channels using the software of the avermedia or the Media Center of...
March 22nd 08 04:51 AM
by Jas184 Go to last post

From The