WinModems and 64-bit Vi$ta by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
Every time my Agere modem goes on or off hook, the whole 64-bit Vi$ta chokes and coughs. No choking under 32-bit XP. Is this normal? Or is it a bad driver? But then I am using the driver provided by and downloaded from M$.... Don't tell me that M$ is backstabbing soft modems... :)
June 5th 08 04:31 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
5 175
cd/dvd rom by BlackHawk
In the last few days my disc drive only recognizes DVD discs. It will not play or do anything with CD discs. I have un-istalled and re-installed. Restarted the PC at a restore point. Still the same. I am running Vista Home premium with a NEC CD/DVD+-RW ND-3350A ATA Device.
June 5th 08 06:49 AM
by BlackHawk Go to last post
2 147
HP LightScribe writer not working in Vista Home Premium by Kevin Potts
I have an HP a1440n Media Center PC, just upgraded to Vista Home Premium, the LightScribe writer that came with the computer can no longer burn disks, on cd's or dvd's. In device manager it's listed as HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H21L ATA Device. I have been checking the HP software website for updated drivers but nothing so far. Is this my only option, wait for an updated driver, or is there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 08 10:22 AM
by padneen Go to last post
18 430
The future of PCI WinModems by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
IS Micro$oft gonna drop 64-bit support for them in Windows 7.0? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.25.4 ^ ^ 19:55:01 up 2:08 0 users load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 ? ? (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
June 5th 08 02:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 158
Attn: Farhan Ahmed,Vista usb port driver doesn't power off device when safely removed by Rob Redbeard[_2_]
On Apr 28, 11:35 pm, "Farhan Ahmed " wrote: For the LED not going off case, there was an intentional behavioral change from XP to Vista, where the USB bus driver does not turn off the hub port to which the device is attached when the device is "soft removed" i.e. it is still plugged in physically. Is there an article on microsoft.com that describes this...
June 5th 08 04:39 PM
by Rob Redbeard[_2_] Go to last post
0 142
SOUND by KRISTINA
i cannot get any sound out of my laptop. it was workin fine one day then wasnt the next. it wont even let me open the volume mixer. its saying something about a soundcard. but i dont understand anything about laptops or computers so im stuck. i cant listen to my music, cds, web pages, games. nothing. HELP HELP HELP PLEEEEASE
June 5th 08 06:13 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 248
Error: Wink32k.sys! by Claudia
Ok, this is the third time that this error shows. And when i turn on my lap top again, i see this message: Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000008e
June 5th 08 07:01 PM
by Claudia Go to last post
0 180
CPU Fans and heatsinks by Red Dog
I have heard that the stock fan and heatsink that come with Intel cpu's is not a very good setup. Can someone recommend a good setup for a Core2Quad Q6600 to go on a Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard? I would like something close to the original setup, but of better quality.
June 5th 08 09:39 PM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
4 185
DVD-CD Drive not working...HELP! by Wallyhockey17
Hello, I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR K17A ATA Device dvd/cd drive that is not working on my Toshiba laptop. When I check out the drives properties through my device settings, the device status reads as below: "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."
June 5th 08 09:54 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
4 208
eSATA external HDD ok under XP, no longer activated under Vista x64 by lanstrad
I have seen a thread about that, but since it's getting old, I wanted to post a new one to ensure it will be seen... Sorry for redundency if you have read it elsewhere. I have a dual-boot PC (Win XP Pro 32 bit and VISTA x64). The Nextar3 plugged through eSATA (ASUS P5B) was seen until a few days ago when I updated BIOS (for another problem). Since then, only XP sees the external drive (in a...
June 5th 08 10:12 PM
by lanstrad Go to last post
0 126
Drive not ready error message by Geordielee79
Hello, I have a very annoying problem with Vista Home Premium. I recieve two error dialogue boxes on startup that i have to close and i cannot find out what is causing the problem. Error Message "Windows drive not ready" error processing excption 0x00003a Please Help as its really bugging me Thanks
June 5th 08 10:31 PM
by Raithone Go to last post
2 160
For those who need the Sigma Tel Audio driver for sp1 by robinb
Ok someone on the dell forum actually found an updated driver on Dells website and it is actually in the wrong place but it is for the E520, E521 and a bunch more. This driver is R173209.exe it is version 6.10.0.5515 to get it http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R173209&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=235508
June 5th 08 11:43 PM
by E.P. Go to last post
4 263
CPU busy by PhilTheGap[_2_]
Hi, my CPU is 100% used by hardware interrupts just after the set up of Vista. The drivers are all running. Vista has been updated. What is the simple way to discover the culprit ? I can start by unplug everything but what can I do if to see if the processor (AMD 64 3800+) is responsible ? Best regards
June 6th 08 12:05 AM
by gelyon Go to last post
5 288
Built in Web Cam by LukcyRose7
I've only used my built in web cam using skype, and Skype takes care of my web cam with a little click on an icon. Works great. Can I use my web cam otherwise? Can I sit my three year old in front of the computer and save a video? How do I use it independently? Thanks for any help!! Rose
June 6th 08 01:33 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 233
conflict in wireless adapters while setting up drivers by pablorpm
I recently built a new computer and had XP 64 bit on it. I installed everything (mouse, dvd burner, wireless, video card, etc.) successfully on that OS. I then bought the Vista 64 bit upgrade. I had a successful upgrade. I then installed the drivers that came with my mother board (Intel BOXDX48BT2 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX), but I think somehow I accidentally installed a wireless adapter...
June 6th 08 03:31 AM
by bad_the_ba Go to last post
3 161
Help! Lost audio in a Vista Home to Vista Ultimate upgrade! by bbsstmez
Can anyone help? I was running Vista Home Premium (32 Bit) & upgraded to Vista Ultimate. After the upgrade I lost 2 key components. One of those being my audio. I went to Dells web site. The list an audio driver "Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver" which is Vista 32 bit compatable. I downloaded & installed it but still no luch. There is a little red x in the tray on the bottom...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 05:14 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
10 271
External display resolution reset everytime I logon or unlock by Selim Oflaz
I have an HP 6510b notebook with Intel 965 Express Chipset Family display adapter and I use and external monitor to "extend the desktop" (I use both internal and external monitors). Both the monitors work properly except the resolution reset issue on the external monitor. Whenever I logon to my account or unlock my notebook, the resolution on the external monitor is reset from 1280x1024 to...
June 6th 08 05:26 AM
by Selim Oflaz Go to last post
0 152
Hard Drive Question by Robert Barnett
Hello, I just added two new 1TB My Book external USB 2.0 hard drives to my system. They come formatted and partitioned, but it is formatted FAT32, all of my other drivers are NTFS and so I went in to the Windows Vista disk management tool (sorry I don't remember what it is actually called but it allows you to see all of your drives, partitions, etc.) to do a quick format to NTFS. However,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 06:40 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
12 329
blue screen of death. by Raithone
Aright i know this isnt really a vista question... well not entirely but, can anyone tell me how to unclock a gpu? i used nvidia's ntune and overclocked a little bit and now the blue screen of death appears... plz post if you have any info thanks. -- Raithone
June 6th 08 09:29 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 203
Canoscan Scanner Not Working on Vista (I hate Vista) by Squander
I am still trying to get this to work... My Canoscan lide 35 worked fine on my XP machine. Now attached to my new vistamachine it is not working. I went to Canon and downloaded files to delete the old driver, install a new Vista driver, and install a new Canoscan Toolbox for Vista. I ran the driver deleter then the new driver .Exe file. I saw a few seconds of a file unzipping and then it was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 11:02 AM
by tosmani Go to last post

From The