Sound device: do I have it or not? by Jack
Device Manager reports under Sound,Video etc. SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio There is a speaker icon in the Systray and I can hear Windows sounds. However when I go to Control Panel Text-To-Speech and click on Preview Voice there is an error: "This voice cannot be played. Please try selecting another voice or selecting a different output device" What is wrong?
October 16th 06 03:39 AM
by Jack Go to last post
2 134
SOUND RECORDING by Jeff
I don't like how I can't go into the sound mixer and select whether or not I wanna record from my MICROPHONE, LINE IN, OR LINE OUT, or WAV. I like being able to record the way I did with sound recorder in Windows XP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...
October 16th 06 03:49 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 135
Audigy 2ZS game port by Hugh Jass
Has anyone been able to get the game port on an Audigy 2ZS working? I have RC2 installed now, and it still doesn't work, even though I am using the Vista drivers for the Audigy 2zs. Anyone??? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
October 16th 06 03:57 AM
by Hugh Jass Go to last post
0 148
Device Manager reports 2 CPU by Jack
I have only 1 Intel Pentium IV CPU. Device Manager shows it twice. Why?
October 16th 06 04:07 AM
by Noozer Go to last post
7 207
no drivers for cd rom or dvd rw by AvArmyGammer
HEY i have same problem NO CD DRIVE or DVD or BURNER Drivers dont install !!!RC1 wont install correct driver or let you install one what gives? This same Pc had XPx64Pro on it worked flawless then i Reformated and CLEAN INSTALL VistaRC1 Nforce3 board with 1gigMem Nvidia 6800Vid ....So how can this be fixed is this a prob with RC2???????Imay hve to stick with XPprox64for lil longer even its...
October 16th 06 04:09 AM
by AvArmyGammer Go to last post
0 163
help for Creative soundcard useres READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK. by Fuzion
if you got and Creative soundcard (No onboard souncard on motherbord) then the only thnig you have to do is to go on creatives homepage (creative.com) and go to support go to downloads and then you can chose your sound device the ther is drivers for 98, xp and VISTA 32 bit and 64 bit. then download and install. ! that could not be easy`er than that ! and then you got beutiful sound in your...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 06 04:09 AM
by Hector Go to last post
10 286
epson cx7800 printer driver install problem by [email protected]
I have seen that other people have been able to get some of their epson printers to work, all I really need mine for right now is text. It is connected via usb cable. When I run the "addd printer" program provided in Vista it asks for the port that the printer is plugged into. I cannot seem to find the correct port. Can anyone help me with that problem, or help to find a driver that...
October 16th 06 06:14 AM
by AbruceN Go to last post
1 172
NetDragon modem by Thor
Has anyone gotten this to work in RC2?
October 16th 06 07:31 AM
by Thor Go to last post
0 181
S3 problem- Resume from S3 - PS2 keyboard and mouse not functionin by PilotBob
Running Vista RC2 build 5744 on my Asus A8VM-CSM motherboard. The system will enter a S3 sleep state, but upon awakening (to any wake event, keyboard, mouse, wireless keyboard, IR ehome receiver) the PS2 keyboard and mouse does not work. My wireless keyboard continues to work OK. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob
October 16th 06 07:51 AM
by Mark Go to last post
1 207
Acer Travelmate 4400 WLan Probs by Björn
Hi there. I have a notebook from Acer (Travelmate 4400). Now the problem. The Buttons in front of the laptop doesn't work, so i can not activate the wireless lan card. It's already installed, but i can not manually put the card on. The old drivers from acer also do not work. Can anyone help me with the problem. Thanks Björn
October 16th 06 10:33 AM
by Björn Go to last post
0 185
Installation device by Redorusso
From control panel/add new hardware/select advanced from list/show all device/not see the internal device is blank. Aiuto! Help
October 16th 06 11:20 AM
by Redorusso Go to last post
0 170
No dispaly on hp nx7010 notebook by Keith Jetton
I have the same notebook and installed Vista RC1 over the weekend and the problem still exists. Disabling the AGP port solves the issue, but has anyone seen a driver to fix this? I was using the laptop monitor and a external monitor, but no more. Thanks in advance! Keith "Rudi" wrote:
October 16th 06 01:12 PM
by Keith Jetton Go to last post
0 164
64 bit drivers... by Noozer
I'm *REALLY* hoping that manufacturers get busy with creating 64bit drivers for their hardware. It's a real pain not being able to use the old XP drivers under Vista. Anyone know of a Good/Bad hardware list for 64bit Vista (or even XP for that matter)? I've got the following that I'm hoping to find out about: - nForce4 Ultra based mainboard with Opteron 165 dualcore CPU
October 16th 06 01:40 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 169
Go/no go hardware list for Vista RC1? by Noozer
Just wondering... Does anyone have a Good/Bad hardware list compiled for Vista RC1 (or 5728)?
October 16th 06 02:00 PM
by pippin Go to last post
2 161
Video rating after card upgrade by Bruce Foor
After upgrading my video card from a Geforce 5700 with 128mg ram to a Geforce 6200 with 256 meg ram my overall video rating went down. Has this happened to any body else if so any ideas. My system is a P4 2.8 gig proc with 1 gig of ram Thanks Bruce Foor
October 16th 06 02:56 PM
by DCR Go to last post
3 167
DirectX issues by Rajesh
I cannot start the Windows DVD maker and Movie maker in Vista. I get the message that the video card does not support DirectX. Dxdiag both in Win XP SP2 and Vista report no problems. Extract of Dxdiag report in Win XP SP2 is as below:- ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 10/15/2006, 10:49:59
October 16th 06 04:21 PM
by Rajesh Go to last post
4 173
Can you use XP drivers on Vista? by SunDay
I'm sorry if this question is already answered somewhere, which it probably is, but if it is I didn't find it. I was thinking of trying Vista, but since I play a lot of games and so, I want to know that there are drivers out there and working for Vista. Since there are no drivers on the manufacturers homepages (nVidia for example...), I was wondering if it's possible to use Windows XP...
October 16th 06 04:46 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
3 163
bluetooth stack in RC2 (5744) / Logitech® diNovo™ Media Desktop 2. by km
Hi, been looking around, but could not gather any good - does vista rc2 b5744 come with a bt stack? If yes, got somebody get it to work with Logitech® diNovo™ Media Desktop 2.0, and if so how? If negative, does somebody know about a bt stack by Widcomm working with vista rc2? If yes, where to fetch from. Appreciate your input.
October 16th 06 04:54 PM
by km Go to last post
1 158
Maestro 2 by ldone
no drivers for this pci sound card in rc1 or 2
October 16th 06 04:54 PM
by ldone Go to last post
4 302
Will not load cd driver by wyruss
I have had to re-install vista twice now....each time it cannot load the cd drive....each time i start it wants to look for the driver for this "unknown device".....i have both a liteon dvd r-w and a hp dvd r-w ....i've tried both drives.....i've tried making cdrom.sys run in xp compatibility mode and as administrater......please help
October 16th 06 05:15 PM
by ParadoxOne Solutions Go to last post

From The