Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3 by tombster
I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that works under XP but not Vista (64). Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys). Is there something else I can use. Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 25th 10 12:47 PM
by sm0rgm Go to last post
10 671
Monitor not recognized after SP1 upgrade by Tomb
I have a nasty problem with my monitor not being detected after the SP1 upgrade. During the upgrade, the New Device Was found dialog came up and started looking for my monitor (Sony GDM-W900). It couldn't find it so I told it "Don't ask me again" Well, everything seemed OK until I tried to assign a profile to the monitor. The monitor was not present in the Color management settings. So, I...
April 6th 08 04:20 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
4 619
Mic Problems!!! by TomaxTheMad
Hello, I am having a bad microphone problem. I have a Maximus Formula II with a Supreme FX Audio Card (Which I just got the latest updates off Asus.com) Quad Core Pc with Vista x64 My computer recognizes my Microphone but yet I cant record anything, use vent, or teamspeak. I checked all the volume controls and none of the settings have my mic muted. Help!!! It was just working until 2 weeks...
December 10th 08 07:43 PM
by ewastudent Go to last post
1 302
AverMedia TVPHONE98 and Vista by TomaszPawel
Does enyone know if it is posible to install and run Aver Media TV PHONE98 TVFM TUNER under Vindows Vista 32 or 64?
March 15th 07 11:57 PM
by infinity Go to last post
6 149
Vista handles tape-drives as fixed disks. how do I solve? by Tomas Larsson
I have a DLT7000/DLT8000 connected to an adaptec 29160 card. After I installed Vista Business64, the tape drive is identified as a hard-disk, obviously it does not work, at the same time the hard-drives connected to the same scsi-card is not accessible. Hard-drives and Tape-drives is correctly identified in BIOS. Its said that Vista has built in support for the Adaptec 29160 card. Anyone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 1st 08 06:24 PM
by Tomas Larsson Go to last post
13 171
A window pops up whenever I push Shift, Alt or Ctrl by Tom90deg
Hi all, I'm trying to figure this out, Whenever i push Shift, or alt or Ctrl, a little window pops up, near the top of the screen that says "Shift" or alt or ctrl. I'm pretty sure why it started doing this, it happend right after I installed my Drawing Tablet, but I have not idea how to turn it off. Any help would be apperciated! Thank you for your time. Tom
May 4th 07 04:00 AM
by plazticsoul Go to last post
1 212
Computer beyond control by tom42
I loaded Vista Ultimate 64 bit as a clean installation on a new computer using a DVD. The installation seemed to go well. Immediately afterward, the computer was connected to the internet and all seemed fine. Then I put my monitor disc in the DVD drive to install its drivers, features and user’s guide. The computer did not recognize the new disc in the DVD drive automatically, and so I...
October 2nd 06 10:21 PM
by DaleMail Go to last post
1 132
Blue ray discs are not seen in Windows Vista by tom2neo
Blue ray drive Not seen in Vista.
April 15th 07 01:07 PM
by Hugh Jass Go to last post
1 133
Epson Stylus 760 by Tom W[_2_]
I've just ordered, but have not yet received a new computer. It will have Vista Home Premium pre-installed. My current printer is an Epson Stylus 760. I know it's a little old, but it works perfectly. That printer is NOT listed on MS hardware compatibility list. Has anyone used this printer with Vista? What are the chances that it will work with Vista? The latest print driver is for...
December 3rd 07 03:55 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
2 130
Moving Data from C: to D: acer/vista by tom so
im having the same problems as the guy above and have limited it skills. I've been googling different forums all night and have took some excellent advice and moved 6Gb over to D: without any repercussions. :D however im in the process of copying my pictures over there(It didnt give me the option to 'move' them directly so had to drag and drop). but they still...
January 25th 10 12:06 PM
by tom so Go to last post
0 341
Keyboard/Mouse compound device won't install by Tom Scales
I have a great keyboard that I love. It has an integrated pointy stick and the old 'IBM' feel. It is a USB keyboard with a single USB connector. The problem is when I plug it in, it doesn't find drivers. Should just be a generic HID device. It works flawlessly with Windows XP (surprise, surprise). The vendor says it is Microsoft's problem as it is just a keyboard (I see their...
May 8th 07 03:15 PM
by Tom Scales Go to last post
0 90
Intel GMA900 (915) and 1920x1080p by Tom Scales
I'm having an odd problem that I can't seem to get around. To be fair, the problem exists in XP as well. I am running RC1 on a Dell Optiplex SX280 Ultra Small Form Factor. Slick little box, but limited by its integrated 915 video. According to the white paper on Intel's site, this chipset supports 1080p (1920x1080). Unfortunately, the only choices I get are 1600x1200 and 1920x1200, both...
October 1st 06 10:45 PM
by Tom Scales Go to last post
0 173
Apple's New Browser for Windows! by Tom Porterfield
Bill Gates wrote: i see chrisv is very jealous! here's more! you never get features like this from microsoft! Then you'll like these features as well: App Safari for Windows - Out with a crash http://aviv.raffon.net/2007/06/11/AppleSafariForWindowsOutWithACrash.aspx
June 12th 07 10:39 AM
by Tom Porterfield Go to last post
0 203
CD/DVD burns slowly by Tom Parke
I have installed Vista Ultiamte and a new Hard disk and I trying to use only windows Vista drivers. I can write files to the CD, however it takes 21 minutes (by vista's calculation and 24 minutes if watch the clock) to format a CD-RW. Under XP Pro it used to take about 2 minutes to copy files to a new CD. Any suggestions on how to improve the time it takes or using other 3rd party such...
November 16th 07 01:52 PM
by Alvin Paul L. Azurin (www.azurin.org) Go to last post
2 169
Installing Vista 64-Bit? by Tom Lake
I'm trying to do a clean install of 64-bit Vista. The problem is my Dell Precision WorkStation 670 only has SCSI drives which need a device driver. I went to the Dell site and tried every device driver they had for the SCSI but Vista refuses to see the drives. Is there some trick to getting Vista-64 to load? TIA Tom Lake
March 29th 07 04:30 PM
by CJM Go to last post
1 113
Reinstall Palm Handheld? by Tom Lake
I had a Palm handheld installed correctly in RC1 but had an error in the Palm software so I uninstalled the software which also removed the handheld. I tried to reinstall the driver for the handheld but it keeps saying it can't find the files it needs even though I point it to the correct directory on the CD. I also tried copying the CD files to a directory on the hard drive, removed the...
September 19th 06 05:08 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
0 126
ATI Drivers Gone? by Tom Lake
I just went to the ATI drivers site to see it there's an update to the Radeon drivers for Vista (and a Vista version of MMC as well!) and found NO drivers at all, not even the RC1 driver that used to be there. Maybe we're in for an update soon! https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=5712 Tom Lake
October 30th 06 07:26 PM
by JKSeifert Go to last post
9 152
PCI USB 2.0 No good? by Tom Lake
I have a PCI USB 2.0 card in my computer. There's an ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 plugged into it. It seems to function perfectly in XP but when I run Vista, MCE shows a bunch of green lines instead of a TV picture. I unplugged the ATI TV from the add on USB card and plugged it into a USB port right on my motherboard. It works fine in Vista like that. Why does Vista differentiate between the...
October 27th 06 02:43 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 249
Vista Moving Backward? by Tom Lake
My ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 worked great under RC2 but now with RTM, Media Center says it can't find a compatible TV tuner. I even got an NTSC update from Microsoft for it but no luck. Tom Lake
November 20th 06 12:31 PM
by Keith Dorken Go to last post
3 136
Travan Tape Drive? by Tom Lake
I have an ATAPI Travan 40 tape drive that worked great in XP. I've loaded Vista RC1 now and the tape drive doesn't show up in Device Manager. Does anyone out there use a tape drive successfully with RC1? If so did you do anything special to get it to work? TIA Tom Lake
September 17th 06 03:08 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post

From The