Ram & performance by JB[_5_]
Hello Vista 32 bit I've just upgraded my laptop to 4 Gb RAM. Haven't seen any difference. Can anyone point me in the right direction how to optimize my system for the 4 gb ram. I saw somewhere that the pagefile should be in a separate partition, another mentioned windows managed setting. All very confusing. Thanks Jen
June 27th 09 02:15 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
7 149
Canoscan FB620p installs but won't run by gorgol
I have a Canoscan FB620P that runs fine under XP. I downloaded and installed the drivers and software, set the compatability mode to XP SP2, but when I try to run I get "Profile not found. Error code 0x24050010" What is going on? Tried the compatability in admin mode, same error.
June 27th 09 10:31 AM
by JaLooNz Go to last post
6 146
funny video by [email protected]
http://www.photonews-fotovideo.it/videos/24/salvataggio-acrobatico-di-un-operaio-a-torino
June 27th 09 09:16 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 97
funny video by [email protected]
http://www.photonews-fotovideo.it/videos/24/salvataggio-acrobatico-di-un-operaio-a-torino
June 27th 09 07:21 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 90
cd/dvd drive by pmh532
My computer is less than a year old. I have an Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA Device on my Vista computer. My problem is that it recognizes some CDs/DVDs and not others. I keep getting the message to insert a CD into the drive. I am trying to run a CD that was burned with pictures on it. The person who burned it also uses Vista, and can see the pics individually, or in slide form. Any...
June 26th 09 07:03 PM
by pmh532 Go to last post
4 125
CD/DVD drive by pmh532
I just received a replacement drive from Dell, installed it, and it reads all the CDs I have (especially one I had problems with). However, I am now trying to burn some new CDs, and I see they need to be formatted before use. (I had an XP system before, and don't ever recall formatting them.) I have several Memorex CD-RW I tried to format, and the computer says "windows cannot complete the...
June 26th 09 04:42 PM
by pmh532 Go to last post
0 118
700Mb CD formats as 576Mb by Paddy
I have some 700Mb rewritable CDs. For some reason, Vista (Home Premium) formats these as 576Mb. Where is the other 124Mb? They are currently formatted as Live File System. Does that make a difference? How would I change the format to Mastered? Thanks in advance.
June 26th 09 02:02 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
6 136
DTS sound in Vista Home Premium 32bit by snypy
Hello, I am really despair because I do not know what to do. I have got a notebook and lots of movies in .mkv format with DTS sound. Since I bought home cinema 5.1 I would like to play my movies from computer via S/PDIF. My notebook does not have digital output, so I bought external sound card from Creative (connected via USB, newest drivers; also tested beta drivers). Well, it did play Dolby...
June 26th 09 09:16 AM
by snypy Go to last post
0 105
Vista Installation error on Toshiba Portege M400 by Magnet
Hi Guys..I seek your help. I have downloaded all the new Vista related drivers avaiable from Toshiba to support the new install of Vista Business on my old Portege M400, which came preloaded with XP Tablet version and kept them ready on a CD. I have also upgraded the ACPI BIOS version to the latest available 3.80. I insert the first CD of Vista Business and do a boot. ( I also have a n upgrade...
June 26th 09 08:26 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 94
Missing operating system by wildboyz
hey guys im new here and i have a problem with my hard drive i think. i saw some similar problems on the form but not the same as mine. so i built my computer yesterday and everything worked fine until today. when i turned on the computer today, at the bottom of my screen, it says missing operating system. i can still get into bios so i changed the boot order to start from cd/dvd drive but even...
June 26th 09 06:26 AM
by wildboyz Go to last post
0 98
USB storage problem by Bryngel
I have a PS3 and got a bigger hard drive for it its a SATA. I got an enclosure for the old one so i could use it as an external hard drive. I plugged it in (both usb ports) it installed, but i cant open it. I went to device manager it's on the list. I clicked it and it said it was running correctly. PLEASE HELP --
June 26th 09 05:52 AM
by Bryngel Go to last post
0 87
Bugcode_usb_driver by Ldedene
Hello, I know that similar posts have been made about this, but i couldn't find anything that helped me so I'm trying my own.. I have had, just about, nonstop problems with my laptop since I bought it. Something is always going wrong. Recently, because nothing was working, not even Windows Update, I was told to restore the laptop to factory settings and then try to update my pc to SP1 and SP2 so...
June 25th 09 05:28 PM
by PiPiLiGrAmA Go to last post
1 98
Printer Error by Harsimrat
Hi Friends, I am trying to install an application on vista 64 bit OS. Every time an error pops up and the application printer is not installed. Below is the error message:- "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000704). The specified port is unknown." I have tried to google the error but all in vain.
June 25th 09 09:48 AM
by Harsimrat Go to last post
0 81
Generic USB SD Reader by CECarroll1945
My Gateway computer has Vista Home Premium. My Toshiba laptop has XP. I purchased a Sandisk Ultra II, 2GB to transfer data from my laptop to the Gateway. The data transferred from the laptop to the Sandisk but the computer with Vista does not see the data on the card. I saved a photo from the Vista computer to the card and it shows up with the Vista computer but not in the XP computer. ...
June 25th 09 08:54 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 123
HDD died? by CalebDK
Ok so one night I'm on my pc playing games and being bored everything fine and whatever. Got tired so I shut my pc off and then went to bed, ect. Got up in the morning turned my pc on and said it couldnt find a bootable disk or w/e it says when it finds no OS. (what ever happened also killed my Win7x64 on my other HDD) I have 2 Seagate 500GB HDD each with a 32MB Cache So what I did was...
June 24th 09 07:09 PM
by DataCabbitKSW[_2_] Go to last post
9 129
My computer can't detect my speakers by mattias
Okay, I am currently using XP and I can't get my speakers to work. They are plugged in, have power, but the computer can't detect them. I don't have the install discs for either my sound card or speakers. What can I do besides get new speakers or a new sound card?
June 24th 09 03:36 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 118
Wmdc wont activesync only usb mass by mooismyid
Hi, I'm new to the boards, I recently switched the profile on my Windows Mobile device running 6.1 to usb mass then after I was done using that function, I switched it back to activesync,but even though my device says its on activesync, my computer only recognizes it as a usb mass. wmdc wont even flinch any solutions please running vista ult x64
June 24th 09 03:03 PM
by nomore Go to last post
1 124
Avast - has anyone else experienced this? by Richard Urban
FOOD FOR THOUGHT I was talking to Western Digital today and they gave me an RMA to return a "defective" 1 gig hard drive that sounded like a garbage truck for the past 4-5 days. I could hear the drive in the next room while watching television. I'm glad to say I don't have to return the drive. Today I downloaded the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials for testing purposes. I uninstalled...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 09 01:57 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
21 304
disable automatic driver installation? by ryanj247
when i remove a driver in device manager, then restart, vista automatically installs a preconfigured driver. is there any way to disable this? what i want is for vista to stop and ask, i.e. "new device found, would you like to search for the best driver or install a driver from a cd or other location"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 09 03:01 AM
by kaiserbachfeld Go to last post
28 271
mass storage controller/ SDA standard compliant SD host controller by little_smurf
Hello everyone :D Ok so recently i have been having problems with my Acer Travelmate 5320. My SD card reader will not read cards at all... i look in Device manager and i have an exclamation mark next to Mass storage controller and SDA standard compliant SD host controller and i just cant seem to fix it. Here is what i tried so far...
June 24th 09 02:54 AM
by little_smurf Go to last post

From The