Caps Lock Indicator by bara
I've just gotten a new computer with home premume vista 64 but i'm still using my old 'microsoft' wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the XP profesional, there is no 'caps lock' indication any where. Any suggestions? Thank you, Bara -- bara
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 27th 09 01:23 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
14 713
Paying for bluetooth driver software 14.95 Eur? by baracooda
The Bluesoleil Driver 3.2.2.8 does seem to work with Vista, but is this the only way to get bluetooth to work with Vista? is there a cheaper alternative? 14.95 Eur doesn't sound reasonable. Does it?
May 5th 07 07:08 PM
by baracooda Go to last post
0 112
External HDD Drive is not Detected / Driver is not getting install by Barath
Hi, I recently bought a WESTERN DIGITAL External HardDisk. I have Three Desktops Two running Windows vista, One running Windows XP and One Laptop Running windows XP. Desktop 1 SPECS AMD ATHLON XP 2600+, 1 GB DDR 400 RAM, 80 GB SATA SEAGATE + 160 GB SATA
January 24th 08 01:24 PM
by wirelesswaggon Go to last post
7 194
Dual Monitors, 1 has no display by barbar
I have been using dual monitors to extend my display area. Last night it appears that there was an automatic update to my PC. Not a problem, except now my second display is not showing up. I know it's on because the power button is blinking. How do I get the second monitor to show the display again? This happened before after an update but I can't remember how we fixed it. I'm using...
July 11th 08 02:58 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 187
DMA Mode Problem With IDE Device in Vista by Barbara
Our device stopped working in dma mode in vista. This is our own device, and we only did SCSI pass through commands to it. Under vista, these scsi pass through commands only happen in PIO modes, not dma modes. In the device manager the box is checked to use dma, and the device manager properly reports the device as being in UDMA mode 2. However all transfers happen in PIO mode which is...
April 24th 09 08:38 PM
by Barbara Go to last post
0 305
Future of Supported Devices by Barbara
I have two printers and a scanner not on the list of supported devices for Vista. I have heard that Microsoft is adding supported devices as time passes. Is that true? Is there a way to find out when device support is added other than checking the list periodically? Thanks -- Barbara
August 20th 07 12:24 AM
by Barbara Go to last post
3 149
Safely removed icon disappearred by Barbara Williams
The safely remove hardware icon has disappearred from the taskbar. I finally had to disconnect my ipod anyway. Now I find my ipod is corrupted and all podcasts, music, etc. are lumped together under 1 category. For instance, although I have podcasts on the player, I have to search for them manually on the player as the podcast section has nothing in it. Has anyone else dealt with this...
April 29th 07 09:55 AM
by Gary Go to last post
1 136
ATI Video Crossfire Device Error (Code 12) by Barbie
Hi Have had ATI Crossfire running on two x1950x cards without problem on XP. Updated to Home Premium and almost installed Vista compatible drivers on the two graphics cards. The Crossfire Edition card appeared to work but the standard X1950X failed to install as the device had a "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)" error. Some of the websites state that...
February 5th 07 08:20 AM
by Barbie Go to last post
5 185
Error message when computer boots by BarneyKatz
Each time I boot my computer, the following occurs: 1. A message appears, 'Windows needs to install driver software for your unknown device'. The default choice is, 'Locate and install driver software' which I select. 2. I then receive an error message, 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association Control...
April 20th 08 11:35 AM
by derekcfoley Go to last post
4 141
Problem connecting Nokia phone to PC by BarneyKatz
I can't connect my Nokia 6200 mobile phone to my Vista Home Premium PC after installing Nokia PC Suite. I'm sure that I'm using the correct data cable (CA-42) and version of PC Suite (6.83.14.1). Each time I try to connect, the following occurs: 1. A message appears, 'Windows needs to install driver software for your unknown device'. The default choice is, 'Locate and install driver...
December 22nd 07 06:46 PM
by windboy Go to last post
3 111
Printer Compatibility by Barnum
Contemplating purchasing an HP 2015 Laser Printer. Really concerned about it's compatibility with Vista....can anyone tell me how to know if it's compatible. Cannot find anything on their website.
May 6th 08 02:18 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 147
External Hard Drive by baronstrangler
Hi, I would really appreciate some help. When I was looking at the Vista website I was prompted to to connect all peripherals. As a result my Maxtor Hard Drive will no longer wrk on any operating system/laptop/ pc!! Can anyone tell me what a Code 10 defect is and how I can rectify it? Many thans in anticipation! Thom
July 7th 07 09:29 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 110
Snappy/Cracky/Poppy Audio Issues by Barret Newman
Well the title basically sums up the problem; my sound is extremely cracky and is making all this snapping and popping noises while playing music in Windows Media Player 11. This issue is occuring to me right now in RC1; I do realize RC1 came out a long time ago but I was never able to test Vista on this computer upto now due to I had no extra HDs around my house and my HDs were all full/in...
November 21st 06 09:28 PM
by Barret Newman Go to last post
5 198
SATA drive listings under "Computer" by Barrie
I have an Intel motherboard that has six SATA cable sockets and I am using one for a drive and another for a connection to a port on the front panel of the computer. When the drives are listed under Computer or Manage Drives, the four unused sockets are shown as empty "removable media" drives. I do not want to see these as they just confuse that page. How do I hide them?
June 1st 07 03:11 PM
by Barrie Go to last post
2 127
Vista does not see all of RAM by Barrie
I am using Home Premium and recently increased my desktop memory from 2GB to 4GB. The BIOS sees each of four motherboard slots with 1.024GB and reports a total of 4096GB. System information reports seeing only 3.325GB. Can someone please tell me what is going on? Is Vista not using all the available memory?
May 14th 08 05:38 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 213
DVD-ROM gone missing! by barrowhill
Setting up two notebooks (see below) for Christmas Day presents on behalf of my neighbour and destined for his daughters Working on first one and have a problem in that DVD cannot now be seen by "My Computer" or via Windows Explorer. It was there as I used it to burn “Driver Utilities” DVD. Device Manager shows error code 39 - Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
December 11th 08 12:04 PM
by nathanville Go to last post
6 317
Active sync for Vista by Barry
I have tried to install Active sync for Vista, it will not run, in XP it`s ok, so how do i get my Sony navigation unit to be recognized in this Vista?. I`m begining to think after over 20 years that this version of Windows could be a flop!. If anyone can help....without going back to XP i would be very happy to hear from them.
June 26th 07 03:29 PM
by jolt Go to last post
2 148
Acer Orbicam by Barry
Hi Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed to get it working with Vista Home Premium?? Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 09 07:24 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
15 494
Sound volume probs... by Barry
I have a new Sony laptop that came with Vista Premium. In order to hear sounds at a normal volume, I have to turn up all controls to the maximum volume level. Why??? Is there a fix?
March 2nd 07 07:51 PM
by Barry Go to last post
2 202
Basic Optical Mouse-Device Not Recognized by Barry
I purchased 6 Microsoft Basic Optical Mice for my office. So, I thought since I just bought this nice HP Compaq 6515b Laptop AMD Turion64 running Vista Business 32 - that I would use one of these mice. Well Vista says for all of them "USB Device Not Recognized". Then I got 1 to work. I unplugged it and then when I plugged it back, "USB Device Not Recognized. All of these work on many...
July 26th 07 03:16 PM
by pangolin Go to last post

From The