CD/DVD Drive disappears-use scan for hardware changes and it reappears? by Rob
TO use my CD/DVD drive,everytime i want to use it,I need to go into device manager and hit scan for hardware changes,then it shows up and works fine.Did this in Beta 1,does it in final release. Any fixes for it?
November 10th 09 01:57 PM
by mixed Go to last post
4 210
nForce 3 chipset by Rob
Hi all Is it possible to install Vista on a DFI Lanparty nf3 250GB? It has an nForce 3 chipset, and is the socket 754 one. The rest of my stuff should be OK, but I can't find motherboard drivers, and nvidia have ignomiously shuffled the nf3 into the legacy pile. Thanks Rob
March 13th 08 11:54 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 173
Cannot roll up to recommended monitor resolution under Vista by Rob
I do use a dual-boot PC : Win XP 32 bit and Vista x64 and replaced my old CRT monitor today with a flat widescreen. I use dual-monitor too. I installed the drivers on both OS. Under XP, there's no problem : I can set to the recommended resolution of 1680 x 1050. However, under Vista x64, I cannot reach that resolution : it stops at 1600 x 1200 ! If I go to the device manager, or through...
March 15th 08 01:52 PM
by Curious Go to last post
3 175
nVidia GeForce drivers installation problem on Vista 64bit by Rob
I do use a dual-boot PC : Win XP 32 bit and Vista x64 and replaced my old CRT monitor today with a flat widescreen. I use dual-monitor too. I am unable to update the drivers for the nVidia 7300 GT video card with the newest on nVidia website! I keep getting a stupid message that I cannot use a 32 bit uninstaller with a 64bit application (or something like that) - funny, as this happen (if...
November 10th 09 03:07 AM
by whatever100 Go to last post
3 232
Can I stop Vista to ask for loading a device ? by Rob
I use a multichannel sound card (legacy...) (Frontier Design Dakota - www.frontierdesign.com) and each and every time I boot the PC (Vista x64) or load a profile, I am prompted to ''RUN'' this device. Even though each and every single time (I like to click for nothing...), I unselect the box that says ''Always ask me prior to run this program''. Which in my own words should tell Vista once...
March 22nd 08 02:46 AM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
2 197
DNS Problem by Rob
I have a Dell E520 with vista home premium connected to the internet via NB9W modem router.pppoe is established in the router and I have always been able to connect to the internet ok. Now I can ping any site using its ip address but not with a domain name.My router is showing the correct DNS server address And My pcs ipv4 stack is set to automatically get dns and ip addresses from the...
May 12th 08 06:15 AM
by Rob Go to last post
4 157
After automated updates (Vista 64bit) - no more eSATA drive ! by Rob
I have a dual boot machine (Win Vista 64bit and Win XP32bit). Until a few days ago, there was no problem seeing and using all drives including this external drive connected in eSATA setup. Now, after the last automated updates in Vista, I no longer see the eSATA drive (I still see it when I boot under XP - so not a physical connection issue). Any insight ?
May 25th 08 01:18 PM
by Curious Go to last post
2 140
eSATA external drive no longer visible under Vista by Rob
After a few Windows updates (*not* SP! which is *not* installed), I no longer see the external HDD connected through eSATA port. This is a dual-boot PC wher I have Vista 64bit and XP Pro (32bit). Must add I have also updated the BIOS. It is not a physical problem since I can see the drive when I boot to XP. The problem lies only under Vista. I could see the drives from both OS before...
May 26th 08 05:46 PM
by Rob Go to last post
0 146
External eSATA invisible in Vista - OK in XP (dual-boot) by Rob
My external eSATA drive is not visible in My Computer in Vista, but on the same PC (dual-boot) it is there in Win XP Pro. This has occured since a BIOS update that coincided with some Windows updates in Vista. If I go in Disk Management, I can see DISK 0 (that disk, yes), Dynamic, Offline. If I try the ''reactivate'' process suggested by Microsoft, I do not see that option (to reactivate)...
May 28th 08 05:51 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 145
Sound stops working by Rob
Sound works fine, then put comp to sleep overnight then no sound. The driver says it's working fine, nothing is muted all volumes are set correctly. After restart sound works fine again, any ideas? Thanks, Rob.
June 1st 09 02:39 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
3 285
Intel Chipset 945 Update - Screen flicker and resolution change by rob
I have been having trouble with my ASUS PRO31F notebook since I installed the optional driver update for the Mobile Intel 945 Chipset Family. Ever since, when I put the machine to sleep and go to awake it, when it comes on there is a flicker twice on the screen as though it is having trouble refreshings. In addition, after the further optiona update, the screen resolutions goes large (800 x...
January 2nd 08 03:46 AM
by rob Go to last post
7 133
190 IRQ's??? by Rob
I have been researching my ACPI errors...you know like this one: Log Name: System Source: ACPI Description: IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 13, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance. And in looking into my IRQ's and sharing I fould that Vista created 190
February 27th 07 11:57 AM
by Bob Go to last post
3 522
Pci-Pci bridge shares resorces by Rob
Shares with my onboard ATI IGP320M video chipset resulting in me not being able to load the video driver. I get this: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." Of course if I disable the pci bridge than it does not detect my video chipset. There is no settings in...
May 10th 07 01:20 AM
by Rob Go to last post
0 95
Firewire Device and Windows Vista Ultimate by Rob
Greetings. This has probably been asked before, but I could not find a thread with my specific issue. I have an Seagate External USB/FireWire Hard Drive. XP recognized the FireWire connection just fine, however Vista does not. Device Manager shows the device as being compatible when I plug in the IEEE 1394 interface. No errors. But Disk Management will not see the drive.
July 19th 07 10:12 PM
by sbower Go to last post
1 124
Annoying pop-up windows at launching by Rob
I use a professional recording/playback soundcard under Vista x64 (with 64-bit drivers of course, said to be completely licensed and valid in Vista). However, one little bug remain : each and every time I launch Vista, I am prompted with a window that ask me permission to launch the control panel for that card (that places in the task bar under XP without such a prompt). I have unchecked...
July 20th 07 07:30 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 109
Unknown Device by Rob
Just rebuilt by Vista Ultimate 32 bit after some issues. Installed in the drivers I expected to install and have an unknown device. Vista searched online and found othing. Can somebody help me recognise it or tell me how to work out what it is? HW ID = Port_#0001.Hub_#0003 Error = Code 28 drivers not found Object = USB\VID_15C2&PID_FFDC&REV_0000 Thx
September 19th 07 07:32 AM
by NT Canuck Go to last post
2 179
Unknown Device by Rob
Just rebuilt by Vista Ultimate 32 bit after some issues. Installed in the drivers I expected to install and have an unknown device. Vista searched online and found othing. Can somebody help me recognise it or tell me how to work out what it is? HW ID = Port_#0001.Hub_#0003 Error = Code 28 drivers not found Object = USB\VID_15C2&PID_FFDC&REV_0000 Thx
September 19th 07 07:22 AM
by Rob Go to last post
0 124
CD ROM / DVD ROM by Rob
Both drives have disabled themselves. Have tried to to enable them on the Post Screen in the Bios System but pressing the tab bar does nothing and my puter just carry's on booting up. Any Ideas? Rob
December 11th 07 02:32 AM
by GreenieLeBrun Go to last post
1 91
Vista Backup Can Not Access NAS by Rob
Hello: I have a Buffalo Linkstation Pro NAS which I am trying to use for Vista native backup. I can see the drive in the backup dialogue, but I am blocked by a challenge for user name and password. I am logged in as administrator without any password assigned to my account. I have tried every combination of user name without success.
July 20th 08 12:09 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 121
Black and White on TV display with nvidia by Rob and Sonja Young
Have tried every driver under the sun in the last 2 weeks. Still black and white on my tv. I miss XP already
March 11th 07 12:30 AM
by JW Go to last post

From The