Printing Through Microsoft Virtual PC by Rob Arnold
I have Windows Vista Business Edition (host), Microsoft Virtual PC and Windows XP Professional (Guest) on my computer. I am trying to print from XP to Vista. The printers that are hooked to the host computer are showing as shared. I have loopback enabled. When I try to print, the job on XP goes into que but eventually errors out. Even when I try to print a test page, it errors out. In...
September 21st 07 05:52 PM
by Rob Arnold Go to last post
0 104
Missing Floppy Drive by Rob Chew
After upgrading to Vista from XP Pro, my floppy drive disappeared. I upgraded the bios and made sure it was enabled in the bios. I reseated the cable and power cable. The floppy showed up one time in device manager after I entered a script to show "hidden devices". It does not now show up in device manager or in (my) computer. The power light to the floppy will come on as the system restarts...
March 19th 07 09:31 PM
by just bob Go to last post
2 135
windows mobile device center - device only connects on one USB por by Rob Ellis
My Orange SPV C600 smartphone only shows as 'connected' when plugged into 1 particular USB port on my laptop. When plugging it into any other USB port, Vista plays the hardware connect sound, etc, but WMDC never sees the phone. Is this expected behaviour, that I have to always connect using the same port? Rob
April 2nd 07 03:16 AM
by Ken Zhao [MSFT] Go to last post
1 129
Cannot play audio CD's by Rob Poels
With Vista, I can no longer play audio CD's; not with Mediaplayer, nor with MediaCenter. When I try playing the CD, only about 1 second of the track is played, and then it skips to the next track. This repeats for about 4 or 5 times and then an error message is displayed as the disc may be dirty (which is bull****). Under XP, the same disc is played correctly in the same drive. Suggestions...
December 29th 06 11:15 AM
by Rob Poels Go to last post
0 177
Attn: Farhan Ahmed,Vista usb port driver doesn't power off device when safely removed by Rob Redbeard[_2_]
On Apr 28, 11:35 pm, "Farhan Ahmed " wrote: For the LED not going off case, there was an intentional behavioral change from XP to Vista, where the USB bus driver does not turn off the hub port to which the device is attached when the device is "soft removed" i.e. it is still plugged in physically. Is there an article on microsoft.com that describes this...
June 5th 08 04:39 PM
by Rob Redbeard[_2_] Go to last post
0 143
Asus PVR-416 by Rob Wilkens
I have an HP Media Center m470n and it allegedly has an 'Asus PVR-416' TV/FM card in it. Worked fine in XP/MCE2005 but I didn't dare try the XP driver in Vista. I don't know where to look for drivers. Anyone have any luck with this? -Rob
August 29th 06 11:00 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 663
Microphone auto Pop-Up by Rob5251
Before when i pluged in my mic a pop-up would come up asking me about 5 different things this first said microphone. so i clicked it an my mic worked fine. then next time i noticed a box saying dont show this next time. i thought this would save it as microphone but now my mic dont work an the pop-up is gone and i dont know how to get it back... If anyone knows how to get that pop-up back...
April 4th 08 10:44 PM
by Rob5251 Go to last post
1 161
Microphone pop-up auto use by Rob5251
This is for anyone that has lost the mic pop-up screen due to checking the do not show this box. for help goto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUayUKxoOkc watch that video it should help you! good luck guys!
April 4th 08 10:40 PM
by Rob5251 Go to last post
0 165
DVD drives suddenly don't work by RobB
I came home today and found that the 2 Sony optical drives in my computer are no longer working. I have an old computer with Vista on it. In device manager, both drives' icons have an exclamation point on them; checking their properties reveals an error code 39 (driver not loaded or corrupted). When I try to update the drivers, Vista tells me the drivers are already up to date. The Nvidia...
May 9th 08 01:22 AM
by wheelman Go to last post
3 201
Going from Windows Vista Premium 32- bit to 64-bit by Robbie
I am looking to purchase windows vista ultimate 64-bit system. But I am puzzled as to how I would upgrade my 32-bit to 64-bit. A friend told me I may download a driver, but I am would appreciate a second opinion to confirm such thing. I use an intel pentium 4 laptop, and currently have vista premium.
April 16th 08 05:16 AM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
5 122
IrDA Device by Robbie
I bought an IrDA device, Sitecom CN-100. When I connect my device to my laptop, Vista Ultimate, I receive a message saying my device is a KC-180, which it isn't !!!!! My laptop of course cannot find a driver for my device, because it is searching for KC-180, while my device is a CN-100 and I have installed the driver for this device, and not for a KC-180. Is there anyone who can help...
September 17th 07 09:42 AM
by Robbie Go to last post
0 114
Laser Printer driver by Robbie Doo
Hi All... There was a "Laser Printer" driver in one of the Windows Updates and it was compatible with the printer I have. Now, that I had to re-install windows because of the new HD's I can't get that update anymore. Does anyone know which security update had a driver called "Laser Printer" listed?
June 25th 08 11:29 PM
by Robbie Doo Go to last post
2 235
Hardware Profiles by Robbie Racecar
I just loaded Vista on my laptop and I am trying to find the settings to create docked and undocked profiles. I've looked under the hardware tab where it used to be in XP/2000 but there is only an empty space. How do you set profiles under Vista then? -- Rob
January 26th 07 12:51 AM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
2 143
Vista & 3Com by robbio
Hi at all, My Vista installationa has a problem with my network card. Brief description: i have XP prof, i downloaded the windows vista advisor utility to check my pc hardware, it said it's ok, good. After in another hard disk I installed Vista, after installation I had not able to connect to internet. Vista said me (device manger or similar )that the only device it didn't able to recognize...
February 27th 07 01:18 PM
by Alan Go to last post
8 523
Mouse Double-Click by RobbL12
How do I turn off double-click feature on a mouse? I know how to get to Mouse Setting in Control Panel, but I have no clue where to disable double-click.
May 15th 08 05:51 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 151
Help! Anyone get a Lexmark X75 "All-in-one" to work in Vista? by Robby
I'm so po'ed over several things about Vista, but the fact that neither of my Lexmark printers will function really has me steamed. Vista came packaged with the system I bought, so it's not like I had a choice. Now I wish I did. It's not right that I must go out and buy yet another printer, and an all-in-one for that matter. Is Microsoft in league with Lexmark to sell more printers buy simply...
December 31st 07 10:43 AM
by Robby Go to last post
2 185
Restart issue by Robdata
Every time I restart my mouse speed setting goes back to default speed even so I set it to nearly max speed .WHY???
March 7th 07 02:37 AM
by mark.g Go to last post
2 159
Realtec by Robdata
I had the same problem but after update from asus for realtec all ok.What board have you got.Did you try your motherboard site?
December 26th 06 12:55 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 287
Dual 2 core by Robdata
Installed Dual 2 Core after i been runnig RC1 for 2 month.But now i got 4 driver problems in Devize manager and cant find any solutions for it neither from Asus or Intel.Somebody any idea what is going on here?No pobs in XP all claer there
December 26th 06 04:11 PM
by Robdata Go to last post
2 262
ADI Drivers by Robert
Hi, I have a ADI integrated soundcard, The problem I am having is getting Vista to recognise that i have a soundcard installed. In the past when i originally installed Vista (it was a clean install) i had No problems vista installed the drivers and i had sound. A couple of months along the line when i have had to re format my comp and re install, Vista is having none of it not even on...
June 7th 07 09:22 PM
by freddy Go to last post

From The