Second SATA Hard drive not able to format by leodavinci
I have windows Vista 32bit ultimate. I bought the compter prebuilt from a web vendor about 2 years ago. When I got it it had 2 500GB Wester Digital SATA drives in it. It worked great. Then after a few months the D drive (not the drive windows is installed on) stopped responding and then disappeared. I restarted and it came back. Everything is good again. A few months later the same...
July 17th 08 03:56 PM
by leodavinci Go to last post
4 132
Clone To SATA Harddrive by nexor63
Hi, I have Vista Home Premium x64 running on a 80Gig Hdd, I need to transfer the O/S to a 320Gig SATA Hdd. The SATA Hdd shows in Disk Management as Unallocated, but Disk Management does not allow me to assign a drive letter to the harddrive. I have Norton Gost installed, but without a drive letter I cannot perform the cloning. Guys..........I really need help on this one as my 80Gig harddrive...
July 17th 08 04:20 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 128
Just bought 2 4850's need help with new mobo and processor by sunnytheseal
I just bought 2 Sapphire ATI 4850's to replace my previous 2 Sapphire 2600xt's. Here is my existing setup: AUSU M2A-MVP Motherboard AM2 x2 6000 Processor 3.0 GhZ 2 Sapphire 4850 Video Cards 3 Gigs of OCZ RAM 2 WD 500GB harddrives 1 Pioneer DVD Drive
July 17th 08 06:24 PM
by sunnytheseal Go to last post
3 134
DVD Driver by wilnol
the driver will not open CD's or DVD's to allow me to either play or rip i have gone to command prompt and typed in (net shellwdetection) but to no avail it still will not open can any one advise me thanks -- willie nolan
July 17th 08 06:31 PM
by miznzak Go to last post
1 245
Hard drive keeps showing less space by compboy
I have a brand new hp pavilion with vista home premium, It has a samsung 250GB harddrive. Yesterday morning it said that I had 183GB free space, last night it said I had 175GB Free space, and today it is at 170GB free space. I haven't installed anything, downloaded anything, and havent used the iternet much. Any ideas as to why this is?...Thanks!
July 17th 08 07:41 PM
by Dave Go to last post
8 165
1394 network adapter disapeared by Jean-Luc Montignie
No 1394 Device appear in the network adapter list... Any Hack from XP what to change in net1394.inf ?
July 17th 08 07:59 PM
by gringott[_2_] Go to last post
2 120
Vista Blue Screens of Death & DMP Files by kromix
Hey all, I'm sure you've heard it before but im getting vista BSOD errors and dmp files are being created I tried looking at it myself but I'm not sure whats wrong I was hoping if someone had a second they can take a peek at it? This is the error that comes up, the rest and the .DMP file is at this link in a RAR file: 'rar host - free file hosting for .rar...
July 17th 08 09:02 PM
by kromix[_5_] Go to last post
7 150
Lost my CD/DVD drives 2 by Klijs
Lately I seem to have lost all of my CD/DVD devices even my ImageDrive. And that causes me a lot of trouble. I have did some research on the problem and my DeviceManager says this: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to...
July 17th 08 10:11 PM
by Chris Simon Go to last post
3 151
Internet Explorer (Vista) stopped seeing my external hard drive by roger-in-tucson
Device manager shows my external hard drive functioning normally and it shows up in "safely remove hardware," but the drive fails to show up as being connected and available to access files. It's worked okay for months and only disappeared around the time I ran the K-Lite pack to get codecs for MP4 files (during the install process K-Lite checked for registry problems and "corrected" them).
July 17th 08 10:36 PM
by roger-in-tucson Go to last post
0 163
Vista is not recognizing my Camera by DakoRakkun
I'm having trouble with my camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-W70) and Windows Vista. What happens is that when I connect it through its USB cable, Vista tries to look for a driver and can't find one, which is strange. I recently formatted, and my old installation of Vista recognized the camera perfectly, autoplay would popup when I connected the camera, and I could see the camera on My Computer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 11:05 PM
by marype Go to last post
15 268
USB jump drive no longer works with Vista by Len
Cruzer jump drive does not work with Vista but does work on my other comptuer with XP. It did work until recently but now the system wants to format the drive instead of allowing me to drag and drop files. The multimedia drive also quit working. Using Vista Premium on a Toshiba A205 -S4607. Have been unable to find an email for tech support from Toshiba. Will not buy another computer from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 11:27 PM
by Matthew Armshaw Go to last post
19 341
Code 10 by MegaBite
I have a HP Pavillion a767c with a DVD+R/RW ddrive & DVD-ROM drive. I loaded Apple iTunes and both DVD drives something uninstalled both DVD drives. When I reboot, the drives are discovered and the drivers try to load. The load fails with an error message of CODE 10. i am running Vista Home Premium. Anyone with any ideas?
July 18th 08 12:43 AM
by MegaBite Go to last post
4 148
Digital Camera Driver by Tim
Vista appears to be incompatible with the driver for my Canon SD Powershot 1000. Have searched Canon website, aand spoken to tech support. They say it is MS's problem. Suggestions/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 08 01:28 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
12 277
USB connecting problem by chrissai
Guys 'n' Gals, A month or so ago I tried to plug my 'Kingston USB pen' (http://www.popvoucher.co.uk/cheap-kingston-datatraveler-100_lid-qmcommcf.html) into my PC (Vista X64) to download some photos. The Usb pen said it was being charged but the PC seems to have no inkling that it's connected. I can't force it to pick it up when it can't see anything there at all. I've not been able to connect...
July 18th 08 06:39 AM
by chrissai Go to last post
0 148
Create disable/enable device shortcut for sound card? by smarteyeball[_3_]
I recently upgraded my sound card to an Azuentech X-Plosion Cinema (Nice card BTW) which I connect to my receiver via coax. I also connect my Xbox 360 to the receiver via optical. The dilemma: Both the coax and optical inputs on my receiver are on the same input (Sat/Cable) which means in order to hear sound from my 360 I must disable the sound card in device manager and then re-enable it...
July 18th 08 06:44 AM
by smarteyeball[_3_] Go to last post
3 164
widows verkenner by john bene
hallo ik krijg iedere keer de melding windows verkenner werkt niet meer en daardoor denk ik kan ik ook mijn cofiguratiescherm niet meer openen wie kan mij er mee helpen graag
July 18th 08 09:51 AM
by echrada[_2_] Go to last post
1 209
vista startup problem - black screen/no video signal by Ramsden
Hi Hi Guys, I've had some serious bad luck luck and in absolute frustration I'm turning to you guys and girls for help! Problem: Vista loads up and just before the logo screen (when you can hear the vista jingle) the screen blacks out. In fact i'm pretty sure my monitor simply loses signal as I can still hear the sound so it seems like Vista continues
July 18th 08 03:09 PM
by Hopey[_2_] Go to last post
4 140
burner by Janneth
hello I am try to publish a movie from movie maker. the last week everything was fine .I burner 4 cds .. until I was going to burner another one, but it pop up a message saying that cd burner not found it and that should turn on the burner. then I try to find the program,but I can not do it. until now It does not work,..
July 18th 08 03:58 PM
by Janneth Go to last post
0 108
2 boots drives, want one. by Shell
I had a 320 Gig Vista as master drive. This drive started to give me grief. I installed a 1TB drive with one 250G partition and was able to install Vista on it. As it is, I can boot eitehr one by halting Bios and changing the boot drive there (a rather cumbersome means). I want to get files off the older 320G drive, but I can't get past "USERS" folder. Vista 1Tb green progress bar runs...
July 18th 08 07:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 129
Vista burning feature not recognizing its own disk by George
I only use Vista built-in burning feature to backup important files. I’m not interested in burning movies, music, make bootable disks, etc. I have only one DVD that I use all the time until it is full. The problem is when occasionally I want to add a few more files to the DVD, Vista generates this request: "Windows can’t write to the disk you inserted. Please insert a writable disk into...
July 18th 08 07:54 PM
by George Go to last post

From The