No Video when importing by Bret
I am using a firewire connection. I can control the camcorder with the controls from the program but am not recieveing any video or audio into the program. The video and audio plays on the camcorder. HELP PLEASE
March 6th 07 03:33 PM
by Bret Go to last post
2 205
graphic card that does not used shared system memory.recomendation by GT
right know I'm looking at Ati X1050 and Visiontek X1300. do this card uses computer memory?
March 6th 07 03:30 PM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
1 203
HP HC6400 - problem with drivers software in Vista Ultimate by Nguyen Minh Tuan
hi I had a clean install of Vista Ultimate on my HP Compaq NC6400. I have installed all the latest drivers from HP website (there is not drivers for Vista Ultimate in HP website so i choose driver for Vista Business x32) However, i have frequently exprienced the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). It only happen when the computer start. It can not start and i see the BSOD with "DRIVER...
March 6th 07 03:19 PM
by Nguyen Minh Tuan Go to last post
0 167
Backup utility does not find my backup hard drive by captainak
Please help!!! When I try to backup computer using Backup and Restore, I get the message that "Windows cannot find backup devices on your computer. The requested system device cannot be found." However, I can see my backup drive in Internet Explorer, can open it, and can copy files to it. I also can back up files to it using the Backup and Restore. Why does my computer find my backup drive...
March 6th 07 02:56 PM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
1 150
What is involved in produced a driver for Vista x64? by Neil
I mean, once a hardware vendor has already gone to the trouble of making one for Vista x86. Not knowing anything about it at all, my naive thought is that once he'd done that, he would just compile it again but with the switch in the "this driver is going to run in a 64bit system" position rather than in the "this driver is going to run in a 32bit system" position. There must be more to it...
March 6th 07 12:36 PM
by CJM Go to last post
4 204
Meaning of Windows Vista HCL: Driver available as part of ...? by edsager
Hello All, I have a few pieces of hardware which have a Windows logo for compatibility with XP, but I noticed on the HCL that with each piece of hardware I have which is not yet certified as working with Vista, the HCL still states: X86 Driver available as part of Windows Vista X64 Driver available as part of Windows Vista I installed a copy of Vista Ultimate 32-bit (I think it is only...
March 6th 07 10:49 AM
by edsager Go to last post
0 145
re.How To Fix The Epson R300 Printer Tray by Martyn Woodfield
Hi, To get your Epson R300 printer to print on DVD/CD'S this is what you have to do. As I'm sure you will know the basic printer drivers are already in Vista so that is only a matter of pluging in the printer, then to get the DVD/CD tray working you need to phone Epson on 08704437766 and order the new software disc Version 1.50 that will cost you £10.00. You will then need to download from the...
March 6th 07 10:44 AM
by Martyn Woodfield Go to last post
0 172
Little Blue Soccer Ball at Network Icon? by GR
What's the little icon which sits at the lower right hand corner of the network icon? It appears and disappears randomly. When I drag my mouse over top of it, it simply states that I am connected to the network. Perplexing, since when it disappears, I am still connected to my network! I see it most after a boot-up or a reboot. It just disappeared again. I resembles a little soccer ball with...
March 6th 07 10:10 AM
by GR Go to last post
8 176
Usb Drive not accesible by sjb29
Just installed a new version of Vista Ultimate on a new hard drive. Wanted to copy files over from my old drive with xp on it to new drive but i can't access the drive. I have tried connecting the drive internally , externally via usb ,firewire and sata but no joy. Any idea's anybody before my girlfriend kills me before I lose all her photo's -- thanks
March 6th 07 08:30 AM
by Rafal Kubiak Go to last post
2 170
USB Headset for voice only by Guru
Hello, For Windows XP I could plug in my USB headset and the audio settings in Windows XP let me set the headset as being for "Voice" while still allowing me to have my speakers as the main device for "Sounds". This allowed me to have sounds, music and whatever else coming out of my speakers while my USB headset was in use for voice conversations. Windows Vista doesn't appear to allow this,...
March 6th 07 06:40 AM
by Guru Go to last post
0 141
WD Raptor Locks Up by Dave
At various different times my WD Raptor will lock up for appx 1 minute and then continue on what I was doing. It is erractic as it will do it at different times i.e. checking email, surfing the net or an application on the computer. This is a new hard drive with Vista Pre installed. Any ideas?
March 6th 07 06:32 AM
by Necrosis Go to last post
4 170
HP Officejet 7310 by Paul
Running Vista Ultimate 64bit. HP says no software/drivers yet available. I can print fine using the vista drivers but I cannot use the scanner. It seems to recognize the scanner in Windows Fax and Scan but I can't get it to scan. Any suggestions.
March 6th 07 06:24 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 135
Windows LifeCam by Gary G. Little
It seems that the 6000 LifeCam I purchased in December is having a problem with the Beta drivers and software I installed for Vista RTM. After a few minutes it starts to freeze. After a few restarts, the cam simply goes black until I reboot. Has the LifeCam software been released for Vista, or is there a new beta drop available? -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little
March 6th 07 06:23 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 176
Lexmark printer won`t work with vista by wrighty
:roll: Hi Afraid to say i don`t know a lot about computers but have just bought a new one and my lexmark Z640 printer now wont work. i have the disc for it and it shows up in my printer section states it is ready but when I try to print states it is not cennected or can not connect, Can any one help ? many thanks -- Posted at author's request, using fully moderated...
March 6th 07 06:06 AM
by chris Go to last post
4 250
Slow file copy to USB device by just bob
Hi again, I've got a brand new USB 2.0 Maxtor external drive and Vista reports my speed for copying a folder of about 10,000 files and 36Gb is only 14MB/sec. Why so slow? It's estimating it will take 45 minutes. On XP I could do this in about 15 minutes. This is on a brand new Dell D820 with Vista Ultimate, 3GB of RAM, all ports USB2, both external and internal hard drives are 7200RPM....
March 6th 07 03:49 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 156
"good" SATA2 drivers for PCIe JMB360 controller? by Nut Cracker
Hello, I have a board with an onboard SATA2 connector. I put a SATA2 disk on it, and when I installed vista (with the controller in SATA mode in the bios (asrock 939Dual-SATA2 board)), Vista detected the controller and loaded a default driver, and the install took about 3 hours. The windows experience disk performance rating was 2.2. I changed the controller mode to IDE in the bios (which...
March 6th 07 03:32 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
9 379
HP PSC1215 Install Problems by Tnichs
HI, I have a HP PSC1215 Printer which I connected via the USB on my Laptop. According to everything I have read this is supposed to be plug and play. But the printer does not appear in the printers section of control panel. If I look atg the device manager and click on the USB devices, I can see the printer but in the Status box on the General page it says that there is no driver...
March 6th 07 02:29 AM
by Mike Go to last post
5 193
USB Generic Hub by Glenn
I have a USB 2.0 Generic Hub that Vista calls an "Unrecognized Device." I should not need a driver for this and Windows Vista agrees that a driver is not needed. What do I do? When I plug in a USB 1.0 Generic Hub into the same USB port it works like a champ. I have lurked for several days and have seen messages about lots of USB problems, but no answer for my problem.
March 6th 07 02:04 AM
by Glenn Go to last post
4 165
SOLVED: SigmaTel Audio problem in Windows Vista Ultimate by Chris Benton
This applies to Dell systems that use the on-board SigmaTel audio device, particularly XPS systems, but it may work for others, as well. When I upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium, my sound worked fine. Running the Anytime Upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate, however, knocked out my sound. Here's what I did to fix it: --Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Uninstall anything that...
March 6th 07 01:02 AM
by Chris Benton Go to last post
0 172
March 6th 07 12:20 AM