wireless USB kb/mouse not responding in RC1 by robertkoch
I just installed vista RC1 and now that the install if finished and its on the first boot it comes up with OS configuration screens. at this point my wireless usb kb/mouse does not respond at all. I tried using a ps/2 kb w/ usb adapter and it also does not respond. unfortunately my computer doesnt have any ps/2 ports so my only option is to get these usb things working. the kb and mouse both...
September 8th 06 03:24 AM
by robertkoch Go to last post
0 470
Driver you installed will timeout by RobertLane
I am getting a warning message that is titled Creative Audio Driver. The message reads: This driver you have installed will timeout... What is a driver time out? How do I resolve this?
November 3rd 06 09:10 PM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
1 158
Problem whit radeon by Roberto
Hi boys and girls... i've a problem.. i have a radeon X800 PRO but the driver wan't start and on my pc run a VGASave The error code is 43... Please help me to solve this
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 06 10:58 PM
by JKSeifert Go to last post
11 304
SIS AGP and radeon X800PRO by Roberto
HELLO.. sorry for my english but i'm italian i've just installed the RC1 version... i've installed SIS AGP driver 1.21 and i've installed Catalyst for RC1 Now the system recognize one VGA adapter not two!!! in proprietes of device i can see: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
February 9th 07 03:24 PM
by DeadMan Go to last post
5 164
Blue screen of death by Robertr
I keep getting the following message - BSOD: Usually this follows having restarted the computer after it's been switched off for several hours: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057 Additional information about the problem:
February 4th 08 10:36 PM
by Andie J Go to last post
6 135
Touchpad mouse goes totally wild when coming out of sleep mode. by RobertSg
My touchpad mouse goes totally wild when coming out of sleep mode. I have to restart the computer to get it to behave normally... Solution suggestions?
September 24th 06 08:31 AM
by RobertSg Go to last post
0 150
Jumping keystrokes on new install of 5472-brand new HP Duo Core La by RobertSg
I have the same issue with my cursor jumping around with my HP Pavilion dv5035nr... I didn't have this issue before I installed Vista... "Magoo" wrote: Hi All, I just installed 5472 on a brand new HP Duo Core laptop. The keystrokes seem possessed by a ghost. When typing and all of a sudden the cursor will jump to another non-current field. It is very difficult to even type the...
September 17th 06 12:13 PM
by RobertSg Go to last post
0 122
Jumping keystrokes on new install of 5472-brand new HP Duo Core La by RobertSg
I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion dv5035nr. I didn't have this problem before I installed Vista. "Magoo" wrote: Hi All, I just installed 5472 on a brand new HP Duo Core laptop. The keystrokes seem possessed by a ghost. When typing and all of a sudden the cursor will jump to another non-current field. It is very difficult to even type the password at
September 17th 06 12:11 PM
by RobertSg Go to last post
0 137
My cursor reverts back to basic settings by Robertson
When I change my cursor to one I have downloaded it reverts back to the orginal one after I shut it down and logg in again please shed some light on this please thanks in advance. regards
November 13th 07 06:31 PM
by Robertson Go to last post
0 119
How to format NTFS by Robert[_17_]
i'm going to format an external HDD: in the mask that appears in Vista i need to choose the amount i want for the size of the allocation file. what does this mean? How this will influence later my HDD storage capability? Thanks
April 30th 08 09:18 PM
by Peter van de Beek Go to last post
5 216
Old speaker won't work with new computer by Robert[_18_]
I've just purchased a new computer, running Vista. My previous one was XP. My old speaker system will not work now. It is a Harman/Kardon Model HK395. Do I need new software for this? Thanks for any help. -- Robert West Virginia
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 08 03:46 AM
by Drew Go to last post
17 405
question about drive letters by Robert[_19_]
Once upon a time the letters A and B were reserved for designating floppy disk drives. Now that those drives are obsolete, why has the standard not been changed so that hard-drives or DVD drives can be labelled A or B. Are those two letters doomed never to be used again? Or are the powers-that-be in the computer industry saving them for some future use?
August 11th 08 07:50 PM
by Robert[_19_] Go to last post
2 300
ATI x1600 AGP still has error 43 by Robhhh
I cant get RC2 to recognize my card. How can I compltely delete all traces of the previous drivers to be sure this is a clean install?
November 3rd 06 07:10 PM
by Robhhh Go to last post
3 138
"Speech Recognition" and USB Headset and microphone? by Robin
I bought a Logitech USB Headset 350. Paid a good penny for them. I'm using it for the Speech Recognition for Windows Vista Home Premium. Speech Recognition has recongnized the headset with microphone. I would like to know, why and how come when I want to play a music cd and bring up the media player...I get the sound coming through the speakers that are on my monitor instead of through...
April 3rd 07 10:10 PM
by Robin Go to last post
0 123
windows vista premium does not automatically install usb devices by Robin Harris
I've configured my laptop to run bluetooth but now it won't automatically install usb devices. After not finding them I search the Driverstore folder and they are there but not in the System32 folder. If I plug the devices into a different port it runs through the whole procedure again and I have to configure search Driverstore. I uninstall the usb items in Device manager and then had to...
January 28th 08 10:13 AM
by thepointer[_2_] Go to last post
8 285
ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem by robinb
I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading from xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over and over again. Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please? IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance. IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not...
January 20th 08 01:32 PM
by radamo[_3_] Go to last post
9 250
update to problem with Sigma Tel Audio drivers by robinb
I called microsoft yesterday asking what will be done via this problem for those who cannot get updated drivers for the Sigma Tel audio driver. The problem is Sigma no longer makes audio drivers and passed it off to another company who told me they are not making updated drivers at all for this type of audio codec. So how do you get updated drivers if you cannot? I have been on many forums via...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 09 07:12 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
18 669
For those who need the Sigma Tel Audio driver for sp1 by robinb
Ok someone on the dell forum actually found an updated driver on Dells website and it is actually in the wrong place but it is for the E520, E521 and a bunch more. This driver is R173209.exe it is version 6.10.0.5515 to get it http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R173209&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=235508
June 5th 08 11:43 PM
by E.P. Go to last post
4 263
Change/delete system partition after BitLocker removal by robinio
I installed BitLocker and it's preparation tool left me with new system 1.5Gb partition labeled as S: Since this letter is hardcoded and reserved for data in some software we use, I disabled BitLocker. But partition remaind, marked as System and Active. I cannot change letter or delete this partiton since it is marked System. How can I mark another partiton as System so I could get rid of...
July 30th 08 05:38 PM
by andy Go to last post
3 170
Sleep mode by RoBo
I have problms with the sleep mode on the Acer 9423WSMib. I remember seeing a message saying that some drivers interfer with entering the sleep mode but I can not find out where I have seen this message. How and where can I find the information about interferring drivers that cause the computer not to enter sleepmode? Thanks for your suggestions and solutions in solving thos problem. Ron
May 20th 07 11:42 AM
by RoBo Go to last post

From The