AIM AND HP DV9000 by ROBOtechdude
I RECENTLY PURCHASED AN HP DV9000 WITH A BUILT IN HP PAVILLIONWEBACM BUT IT WILL NOT WORK WITH MY AOL (AIM) INSTANT MESSAGING. WHEN I GO TO THE SETTINGS IT RECOGNIZES THAT I HAVE THE CAMERA BUT WHEN I GO TO CHAT NO ONE CAN SEE ME. ALSO THE BLUE LIGHT NEXT TO THE CAMERA DOES NOT LIGHT UP. I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA. CAN ANYONE HELP? PLEASE!!!!!
March 20th 07 09:08 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 139
Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device by Robvista
I can get my new VISTA pc to see my Windows Mobile phone, and even sync digital media files using Sync Center, but I can't work out how to sync contacts and calendars etc. This worked fine with ActiveSync on Windows. Anyone know the answer?
May 1st 08 05:46 AM
by Gene Go to last post
5 132
Color Management by RobWest
Is anyone using calibration tools with Vista? I am using Colorvision Spyder2Pro (screen calibration) & Colorvision PrintFixPro (printer calibration), but am unsure what settings I should be using in Vista before (and after) calibrating.
April 20th 07 03:40 AM
by gdc Go to last post
2 129
Please tell me the next step if a thread has not answered the question? by Rob[_22_]
I have asked a question on this newsgroup and have received awesome responses but I have yet to get full resolution. I have however got much closer to a solution and I continued the original thread but because it appears to be read and received so many responses folks don't read it anymore, thus what I have accomplished is unknown to responders. I don't want to be unethical and rude on the...
October 6th 08 12:34 AM
by Rob[_22_] Go to last post
5 235
Please help with external drive issue by Rob[_22_]
I have a Maxtor DiamondMax 21 320gb PATA (ultra ATA) hard drive installed in an external case that I used on my previous OS - XP Professional. The case I had purchased from NewEgg and it worked really well via a USB connection. No software was necessary, I simply plugged it in a USB slot and it was displayed as a Mass Storage Device. I have tried the following with no luck: 1. Loading...
September 29th 08 07:09 AM
by Rob[_22_] Go to last post
6 310
Floppy Disk Drive Letter by Rob[_6_]
This is driving me crazy... I dual boot between XP & Vista. XP on C Drive and Vista on separate F Drive. I also have a DVD-ROM (E) and a DVD Writer (D) & Floppy Disk. When booted into XP the floppy disk shows as drive letter A, but in Vista it shows as drive letter B ?????
May 2nd 08 03:43 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 209
Computer Maintenance - Turn Off? by Rocco Castoro
My Windows Vista system is running almost all day every day. It Turns on around 7am and goes off around 11pm at night... In Between there it stays on... I have Windows Vista's default power settings on.. 2 questions 1.) Is it better for your computer to turn it on and off every time you get up and leave (could be intervals of 30 minutes to an hour, 10+ times a day), or is it better to leave...
June 14th 07 07:23 AM
by John Pauk Go to last post
1 166
My first Vista driver bug (which I fixed) by Rock
"Don" wrote I've been hanging out here for a few weeks, giving advice about a bug that I couldn't actually reproduce until today. I'm happy to report that I've been giving the correct advice all along :o) I used the Vista Disk Manager to shrink a Vista partition (which happened to be completely empty -- not the C: drive) and I immediately got a popup ...
April 19th 07 01:42 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
4 137
X64_0x9F_IMAGE_athrx.sys, type 0 by Rock
What is the solution to the this fault?
March 24th 09 09:21 PM
by Rock Go to last post
0 184
Windows Update Not Installing NIC driver by RockDawgLA
3Com 3c905b-tx NIC not working under Vista RC1. Using dialup, I go to Windows Update. It recommends updating the driver for that card. It downloads the file, but when it tries to install it, it fails giving me the code 80070103. I can't seem to find the solution to this problem. I have disabled anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall. No change. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
October 18th 06 02:35 PM
by Clark Go to last post
1 233
Laptop - Multiple Displays by Rocky Lane
Mobility is the future. Does Vista have the capability to allow a laptop to be connected to multiple external LCD DVI-D displays? I know there are 3rd party products that can do it (SideCar). Thanks.
August 4th 07 08:46 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 103
Hanging up by ROCKY49
Hi, I have a Dell Dimension E521 Athlon with Vista Home Premium. I had to reinstall Vista a few months ago at the advice of Dell's crack technician's in India. I was having trouble with computer freezing when I booted up. After it was re-installed problem continued even after a new mother board was installed. I reinstalled Vista again and this time it booted up OK but deleting a file, if...
February 28th 08 02:50 AM
by ROCKY49 Go to last post
2 147
Windows Update for ATI driver by Rockysmom
Silicon Image - Other Hardware - ATI 4379 Serial ATA Controller Installation date: ‎3/‎31/‎2007 1:47 AM Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 80070103 Windows Update found this driver but will not install but I am confused as my display works fine.
March 31st 07 12:34 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 153
4GB Vista 64, Memory Remapping for ASUS A8AE-LE ASUS Motherboard? by Rod
I understand to utilitze all 4GB memory remapping needs to be enabled within the bios. My motherboard does not have this option. Has anyone upgraded the bios in ASUS A8AE-LE Motherboard to do so? Any ideas? Thanks, Rod
June 23rd 07 11:01 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 166
Getting error 1719 when attempting to install updated drivers by Rod
I just installed Vistal Ultimate on a new PC. I ran into problems with the drivers for my DVD-ROM, and so I went to the manufacturer and downloaded some new drivers. When I was installing the drivers I got the following error message: "Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support...
August 21st 07 06:18 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 138
Linksys and Vista by Rod
Hi everyone there, nice to write once again. Well, I have an issue trying to connect a Linksys BEFW11S4 with Windows Vista, it seems that the wireless LAN does not connect to the Linksys device. If anyone out there knows a probably solution, please post it. Thanx a lot guys.
January 1st 08 10:13 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
2 125
erratic mouse behavior by Rod Burgess
MS wireless laser mouse 8000. When trying to crop an image in Paint shop Pro or edit text in Pinnacle Studio 12 the mouse is either unresponsive or erratic. Works great on all other programs. System; Windows Ultimate 64bit --
July 29th 08 12:40 PM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
1 155
Anyone use HIS PCI Video Cards? by Rod Davies
My GeForce 5200 is my PCs 'weaklink; in Vista Experience terms. Only 128mb on board mem. So I have seen the HIS X1550 PCI card which has 256mb on board memory. Anyone have this card? Thoughts? Concerns? Vista WILL let me unplug the old and plug in a new video card without going thru re-activations, right?
April 6th 07 02:34 PM
by dev Go to last post
3 156
GeForce FX5500 vs GeForce FX5200 by Rod Davies
I presently run the FX5200. Aero works fine. Everything (bar the bloody NETWORKING with my wife's XP Pro machine!) works fine. But my FX5200 only has 128MB RAM onboard. Will upgrading to FX5500 with 256 MB onboard RAM make an appreciable difference? Both are, by necessity, 'older' style PCI cards...not PCI Express....old mother of a motherboard!
April 10th 07 02:43 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 124
Tweak VI by Rod Davies