  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Can't Install External Hard Drive by ATC[_2_]
I have a new WD external hard drive that I'm trying use with Vista Ultimate, but when I connect the drive I get an error message saying, "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. USB Mass Storage Device Access is denied"
July 24th 08 01:34 AM
by anon21152 Go to last post
8 273
Default sound devices changes after restart by Ron Miller
Whenever I restart Windows, the default sound device changes from "Speakers" to "Digital Output Device (SPDIF)." I end up having to manually reset "Speakers" to default. I would say that this happens 85-90% of the time I restart. Why won't the default device remain as I set it? I'm running Windows Ultimate 32-bit and my sound card is a Prodigy HD2 with the most current drivers. I'd...
July 24th 08 02:41 AM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
0 167
Plasma or LCD TV Size by AnthandWom
How large of a Plasma or LCD TV can I hook my computer to using HDMI?
July 24th 08 09:43 PM
by AnthandWom Go to last post
4 197
1394 Firewire device drop off after sleep by JimmyT
I have an HP Slimline s3480a Desktop PC, attached to firewire M-Audio Firewire 410 external sound card. Firewire is supplying the power to this device. Also running Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 6.00. 6001 Service Pack 1 Multiprocessor Free. All was working fine up until about 1 month ago. When the computer resumes from sleep my M-Audio firewire is no longer recognized. I need to then power...
July 24th 08 06:55 AM
by JimmyT Go to last post
2 166
XBox 360 HDD by XViiVX360
I would like to build a music library on my XBox 360 HDD. I used my XBox 360 to rip music from my CD's. Can I access the music on my XBox 360 from my Windows Vista Ultimate PC? I have a wired network connection and I am set up for Windows Media Center Extender. What's the use in adding a new user to Windows for my extender (MCX1)? I dont have any files in the folders for MCX1.
July 24th 08 09:04 AM
by XViiVX360 Go to last post
0 157
TouchPad for Toshiba Satellite A205-S7468 by Stefy
Hello I really need some help with my computer while I'm not a profesional person on IT field. So , I'm trying to use the TouchPad instead of mouse but is not working.Please help -- Luckyme
July 24th 08 10:09 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 170
How to increase mouse pointer speed past windows vista max by MrBeni
I am at the max speed setting for my mouse and enhance pointer position is turned off. Is there a way to increase the speed past windows max either by regedit or other means?
July 24th 08 03:50 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
1 182
So I have a virus on my home pc and looking for help by mattyrz05
Somehow, a trojan downloader virus got onto my pc. I have 2 hdd currently. The c: drive has 2 main partitions. a 216 gb section for main use that also has vista on it, and the other part i just installed vista on. the second hdd is just for game/picture/movie storage. Once i completed the install to the g: drive(second part of main hdd) i tried formatting the c: drive. it said that windows cannot...
July 24th 08 07:01 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 208
CD and DVD media by Mitch
What is the difference between (-) and (+) in the dvd and cdrom media? For example, DVD-R or DVD+R CD-R or cd +r Is one better than the other when it comes to quality? Are they used for different purposes? Thanks. Mitch
July 24th 08 08:31 PM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
1 325
Audio device stopped working - Reproduction devices list is empty by Martinj
Hi All My Windows went blue screen, after which, when it started again my audio reproduction device list was empty. It wont let me add none. No sound is coming out. Mic is working alright I only want to go back to the Laptop Speakers of my 1 month old toshiba. I got Vista....
July 24th 08 12:42 AM
by Martinj Go to last post
0 201
Audio with Vista Ultimate by Confused!!!
I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now my computer has an error stating "No Audio Output Installed." My audio worked fine with Vista Home Premium. I looked under the devices and it says it is installed, even though I can't play anything with sound. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks!
July 23rd 08 10:32 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
3 180
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS by Biochemist
I have all software up to date tried to setup audigy with lastest software from Creative Labs when I run the program vista reports back not device present? Can any one help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 08 11:57 PM
by PaulM Go to last post
11 487
Goofed up GPT partition table... Data Lost? by __
I have a 320 GB drive in a USB external converter (the big plastic shell that turns any IDE drive into a USB 2.0 drive). I did something I shouldn't have done, I just pulled the plug instead of doing the nice "safely remove hardware" I guess they really mean it. Here's the sequence: 1. Vista doesn't remount the drive, it's found in Disk management as 800GB
July 23rd 08 04:46 PM
by Smithsonian[_5_] Go to last post
1 225
Power Supply Problem!? by Leon_Amirreza
Hi, I know this may not be related to Vista but did not know any better place to post my question (More appropriate weblogs and links are appriciated): when I turn on the computer test the chasis (the metal cover) of my power supply with a Continuity Tester suprisingly the screwdriver lights! any clues whats the problem and how should I avoid it? I know i can short circuit the case to ground...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 08 04:56 PM
by w_tom Go to last post
18 378
Will grounding also solve this? by Leon_Amirreza
1- I have DVB card connected to a PCI slot. As you know the anntena cable has shield that is in contact with the metal body of the PCI card which is in contact with the case. The LNB is DUAL which another reciever is connected to it and the user of that reciever reported shock! That was the reason I looked for a problem and Had the reciever checked and had no problem and had the power supply...
July 23rd 08 11:43 PM
by w_tom Go to last post
3 271
can't install microsoft wireless mouse by asphaltsally
I have Vista 32-bit Ultimate on my laptop that is completely up to date. I have bought a brand new microsoft notebook wireless optical mouse 3000 and it won't install. I've gone to the microsoft website and downloaded and installed intellipoint 6.2 like the "problems and solutions" center says to do and after reboot the computer still says it needs to install the driver, can't find it,...
July 24th 08 12:08 AM
by asphaltsally Go to last post
3 238
Sleepy USB mouse by Nigel Molesworth
My mouse always seems to be the last USB device to wake up, and it is not even set to go to sleep! Is there a way to prioritise it? -- Nigel M If my question is about apples, please don't suggest bananas
July 23rd 08 10:47 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 231
Lights by Lawrence
the lights on the front of my computer...the one on the left is pink or light red...what is that? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based...
July 23rd 08 03:08 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 327
CD/DVD Drive by Sidney77
I think my driver is only for DVD's. It will play and rip CD's but it will not burn them. Is there a way to fix this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 24th 08 12:39 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
10 379
USB Disk not mounted (KB 940199) by Devan
When I attach a USB memory stick to my machine Windows attempts to find new drivers online, and then after failing it tells me that I need to download "Update for Windows Vista, 32-bit versions (KB940199)." When I try to run this hotfix the executible creates a dialog that says, "The update does not apply to you system". I can see the "Disk Drive" device added in the device manager however...
July 24th 08 09:23 PM
by Devan Go to last post

From The