Jumper settings? by Dave T.[_2_]
Hi folks, Win Vista home premium. I am installing a legacy WD hard drive in a USB 2.0 enclosure and am unclear about how to set the jumpers. Would being on a USB connection call for the single setting, or master/slave? It is an EIDE drive. The prob I am having is that the USB driver installed ok, the drive shows up in Disk management as a healthy FAT32, with drive letter "F"
January 13th 08 08:56 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
6 139
Conflict in assigned drive letters by Dave T.[_2_]
I am trying to get my MP3 player (Sansa m230) to work in vista, and I have made a lot of headway, but... When in normal use (moving music in or out, and playing) it seems to work fine. In windows explorer it shows up as drive "J". When I switch the device internally to "MSC" mode (required to update firmware) it shows up in explorer as drive "K" and I get an error message- "Exception...
December 24th 07 02:06 AM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
0 108
Microsoft® Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth by Dave Skillin
Am I missing something, did I miss the boat or is MSFT missing the boat on their own product? I read news posts, blogs and just about everything I could before diving into Vista. I even built a new PC so that I could experience everything Vista had to offer. I have a Vista score of 4.6(Core 2 Duo 6600, 2GB RAM Dual 300GB SATA drives, 7900 GS video) Now don't get me wrong, I am using...
October 27th 06 07:40 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 162
Pentablet by Dave sim
I made the mistake of plugging my Wacom pen tablet in before installing the driver. Vista recognised the device and installed a default driver which does not work The Driver installation disk will not install untill the default driver is uninstalled. How do i do this
June 14th 08 03:09 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 244
No CD/DVD burning facility in Vista by Dave S
Hi, I am having problems with one of my machines with Vista Home Premium installed (release version). I have a Sony CD/DVD rewriter but vista is not recoginising that it has Writing capablilty in Window media player 11 or in Windows Explorer. However the backup and restore program allows me to backup to it sucessfully. Vista has recoginised the drive as SONY DVD RW DRU-510A SCSI CdRom Device...
December 19th 06 08:05 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
4 224
How to stop Vista from sending data on COM1/COM2 during startup? by Dave R.
"Dave R." dwragle at drbsystems dot com wrote in message ... I have a process control system that uses two computers connected by RS232 serial ports. One end is running on Windows XP Pro, and the other is now on Windows Vista Business (used to be a DOS machine). Unfortunately, as soon as we put the other end on Vista we...
April 27th 07 02:33 PM
by Dave R. Go to last post
1 99
Changing Motherboard by Dave Mullard
I have recently built a new PC and installed Vista Ultimate (non OEM). I think my motherboard is faulty and I need to get a replacement. Hearing all the stories about Vista's activities to prevent software piracy, will this have any consequences. Can I do it and if so, will it reduce my future options to make hardware changes. One of the reasons for building my own PC was to allow me to...
March 24th 07 11:27 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
2 129
Windows Vista Build 5600 , Irda Not working by Dave Johnson
I have installed vista build 5600 on my Asus A6R and all drivers working with the exception of the Irda which is built on to main board, it states Code 32. A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution...
September 23rd 06 08:35 AM
by Dave Johnson Go to last post
0 129
infa red by Dave Johnson
Hi I have an Asus A6R Laptop which has built in infared, however vista says A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. i assume this is due to bios as this was a clean install, any help would be...
October 26th 06 03:31 PM
by Dave Johnson Go to last post
0 136
System partition by Dave Heron
How does Vista decide which partition is made the system partition?
February 8th 07 11:45 PM
by andy Go to last post
5 175
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150MCE on Vista? by Dave Hampson
Hauppauge shows Vista drivers for it on their site. Anyone using it yet? Is it worth paying the extra bucks for the 500 to get 2 tuners? I have a TV in the same room already, don't really need to record 2 things at once, and will be going to DirecTV as soon as we move to a house, hopefully in the next year. Comments, suggestions? Thanks,
December 19th 06 06:23 AM
by Some guy in Kirkland Go to last post
6 163
UMAX 3400 on Vista, anyone get it to work? by Dave Hampson
Hello, I tried installing VistaScan 3.75 but it doesn't see the scanner. I still have the upgrade for XP to install, but in the meantime, has anyone been successful with this scanner in Vista, and if so, how? It doesn't look like UMAX even knows Vista exists yet, so I'm guessing they aren't doing anything for Vista anytime soon. Thanks,
January 7th 07 08:53 PM
by NBK Go to last post
2 195
how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can run? by Dave F
I have 2gb of RAM, an AMD dual-core processor at 1.8GHZ, and 256mb video card. So: which version of Vista would I be able to run? Thanks, Dave -- A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 10:03 PM
by Pete Go to last post
10 350
Success with Agfa SnapScan 1236s Scanner [long] by Dave English[_2_]
I just thought I would post here to report that I have just had success installing and using my old Agfa SnapScan 1236 SCSI scanner on Windows Ultimate 32-bit. I will also keep a copy he http://www.sanders.demon.co.uk/VistaAgfaSnapScan.html It may be that others here can use the same technique to make their own device install properly. If you don't have the driver file for this...
October 29th 07 11:20 AM
by Dave English[_2_] Go to last post
0 102
SP1 RC(refresh) wont detect card reader by Dave Cox
Just installed sp1 all is working great except my internal USB2.0 Card reader.........it isn't being detected. My portable USB Card Reader works fine when I plug it in any help would be appreciated. Dave
January 23rd 08 07:38 PM
by Peter Go to last post
7 236
Processor upgrade stops tuner working by Dave C
I have upgraded my processor and now get error message. "digital cable device registration application stopped working and was closed" I cannot now use my Tuner. If I put back in my old processor it goes away and |Tuner works. If I put in an earlier processor I had before windows Vista Ultimate upgrade I get same message. I seems only the processor i upgraded Vista with works. CAn any one...
March 1st 08 06:38 AM
by kush Go to last post
3 141
Memory requirement for Vista by dave bond
Can anyone tell me what is a good amount of memory to run Vista on a laptop....I know the canned answer is the more the better, but I am curious what others have experienced as the minimum amount to get the best performance. Thanks in advance. David
April 9th 08 09:07 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
7 244
Thanks for the scanner help. by Dave
Hi - I seem to be having a problem posting to the specific "scanner" post so I jjust wanted to say thanks for the scanner help. I purchased a Canoscan 8600F. Dave
February 10th 07 10:43 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 160
Monitor/Display Problems at Startup by Dave
I have a Dell E521 with 256Mb ATI Radeon X1300 Pro PCI Express Graphics Card and a Dell 20" Black Wide Flat Panel Monitor (E207WFP). I am running Vista Home Premium. Most of the time there are no problems with the monitor, but occasionally when you first turn on the PC. you see the standard horizontal scrolling green progress bar followed by the central glowing Microsoft logo as normal,...
September 20th 07 11:12 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 101
DVD-RW not working in Vista by Dave
Iv ran out of ideas myself and have done all the ones Iv seen so I hope there may be a solution on here. Screenshots: http://rogueserv.net/albums/userpics/1~0.jpg http://rogueserv.net/albums/userpics/2~0.jpg Few Specs: Mobo - P5W DH Deluxe
August 1st 07 03:32 PM
by Marjay Go to last post

From The