Unhide vista c drive by xizie424
installed windows xp as a second os installed Vista Boot all went well until vista boot say that the drive that vista is installed on is hidden. I partitioned the c drive but the partition does not show on boot up . Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- xizie424
July 24th 08 10:01 PM
by xizie424 Go to last post
0 177
Need help switching from my Laptop monitor to regular CRT by kisner
Hey all, just found these forums so let me just say hi first :) I just reinstalled vista on my laptop, whose screen is completely destroyed except for one little corner and i was able to do most of it through using the magnifier. I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to change my primary monitor to my CRT that is plugged in. Never had this problem with XP. Can anyone help me...
July 25th 08 12:19 AM
by kisner Go to last post
2 190
HELP my Fn key is still on and i cant turn it off. by M.igirl_mega
my Fn key in the lower left hand corner is on and causes the blue markings on the keys to show up instead of the normal white markings. does anyone know how to turn it off?
July 25th 08 05:12 AM
by motarola2[_17_] Go to last post
2 224
Blank screen after installing Graphics Drivers by MGBassace
I have a problem that is driving me crazy, As you know i have just updated my machine from AMD based to Intel this is going fine and all working sweet as, I have sold the old mobo, processor and ram to a friend and installed in his machine for him, All appears to have gone well with the install of the os, It boots okay, has update windows okay, activated okay etc etc, However when I install...
July 25th 08 03:54 PM
by MGBassace Go to last post
6 252
Power Failure and Windows can´t find 2Wire USB Remote NDIS Etherne by dareys
Greetings, During a lightning storm, the power failed. Upon reboot, a message indicated that new hardware had been found. I tried getting the drivers from the Windows XP Installation CD as well as others to no avail. This seems related to a USB 2.0 port? However, I am not sure. Can anyone help? I am trying the knowledge base in parallel, but my initial search yielded nothing.
July 25th 08 04:11 PM
by dareys Go to last post
3 282
Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP MCE v1.0 with Vista by Sam
Like many others, I have purchased the Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP MCE v1.0 with Vista, which microsoft says should work with Vista but it doesn't. The media centre keys work alright, but the mouse and keyboard don't. If anyone has managed to get the keyboard to work with Vista, please let us know how. Very many thanks
July 25th 08 04:35 PM
by Sam Go to last post
1 216
System wont recognize DVD drive by Sensei5
I had a problem with my DVD drive. The system would not recognize it after ripping a CD into iTunes. I took the laptop to the Geek Squad and they ran a utility that reset some kind of registry hook that some programs install when they use the DVD drive. I am trying to find that utility so I don't have to go back to the Geek Squad again even though they were very gracious and did not charge...
July 25th 08 10:51 PM
by Jaeden_37 Go to last post
2 178
change screen size to see dialog boxes? by richg99[_3_]
I have a wide screen monitor. It's native resolution is 1280-720 I have the computer software (Windows Vista Home edition) set to this size... The picture is wonderful...BUT.......numerous programs...specifically --Windows Movie Maker this evening....--have their "command choices" on the very bottom of the dialog boxes. When I am set to 1280-720...the choice is too low to be seen. You...
July 26th 08 01:06 AM
by richg99[_3_] Go to last post
2 206
Unable to copy a 5 gig file by vvenk
Hello: I have a 5 gig file that I am trying to copy an external USB hard disk but I get an error message, "File too large to copy". It says that the file is too large for the destination file system, even though I have 210 gig space on it. Any ideas? Venki
July 26th 08 01:14 AM
by vvenk Go to last post
3 226
"No Audio Output Device is installed" by DT
Hi, I have never had any problems with the sound on my laptop but now it's giving the above message. - I uninstalled QuickTime from my computer - could that procss have uninstalled other devices? - I recently installed the Service Pack 1 updates, I don't know if tat could have affected it? I'm not very computer literate so any help wuld be greatly appreciated! Thanks
July 26th 08 02:42 AM
by DT Go to last post
0 194
Can't Install D-Link USB ISDN TA in Vista HELP!!!!!! by JdeeHere
I live in a section of Ireland that will never have BroadBand access, so the best I can do is ISDN. I purchased a D-Link USB ISDN TA (DU-128TA+ Version B2) modem and it works perfectly in XP but can't install it in Vista no how no way. I have to use a external analog modem and use the standard drivers since Vista doesn't support Intel Modems either. Is there anyway I can install my ISDN TA...
July 26th 08 01:16 PM
by seyfer Go to last post
5 161
Widescreen Monitor by Sir Turtlehead
I replaced my old 17" CRT monitor (4:3 ratio??) with a 19" widescreen and everything is stretched out. How do adjust the aspect ratio in Vista? When I change "optimal aspect ratio" setting through my monitor to off, the ratio looks great but it does not use the entire screen and is obviously not in widescreen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 08 01:44 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
17 323
Additional monitor displays background but nothing else. by Sideways
My additional monitor displays the desktop background but no other information at all. I am running Vista Home Premium. Can anyone please help me to get the second screen (Samsung 245B) to replicate what's on the first (Fjitsu Amilo 1718)?
July 26th 08 03:34 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
4 178
Synv WM 5 and Outlook 2007 by devoncatt
Using Windows Mobile 5 device( XDA Mini) and Windows Mobile Device centre beta 3 Windows Vista RTM. I can sync files and media files with no problems but the check boxes won't allow me to sync appointments, to do lists or contacts. Only Firewall is windows defender, AVG anti virus. Microsoft defender lists Windows mobile device centre as not classified yet not permitted and won't let me...
July 26th 08 04:46 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
3 197
Vista 64 bit ultimate flight stick by truebrit
I have a saitek x52 and a sidewinder precision pro and can not get them to work,i have looked on google and had no luck,has anyone else got them working? -- truebrit
July 26th 08 06:39 PM
by truebrit Go to last post
0 170
Blank Screen on Start Up by immattr
I have a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 running Vista SP1. I brought it back from sleep mode, logged in as usual, but can only get a blank screen. I have tried to restart and get the same result; a blank screen with a cursor. Screen saver runs, I can get to Task Manager and even start some programs from there, but never can get Vista to boot properly. I can start in Safe Mode and have captured...
July 26th 08 08:46 PM
by immattr Go to last post
0 179
auto play by ryan curiel
since i installed windows vista home premium sp1 on my hp pavillion dv5220la autoplay just wont work, i have tryed everthing. registry,enable/disable nothing wont work, can anyone help me
July 27th 08 03:55 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
1 142
ACREDITE FUNCIONA!!!!! by [email protected]
Ganhar dinheiro rápido e honesto meu blog http://jet72.zip.net/ : QUER GANHAR UM BOM DINHEIRO? FAÇA COMO NÓS ! : COMO TRANSFORMAR 12 REAIS EM NO MINIMO DOZE MIL REAIS !! : EU TAMBEM NÃO ACREDITAVA!! VOCÊ É CAPAZ, APENAS FAÇA FUNCIONAR.!
July 27th 08 04:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 123
No audio, video by Jason C[_2_]
I recently installed a desktop theme that I downloaded from the Internet. Since installing the theme, I no longer have any audio at all, and WMP will not play videos. Any attempt to play videos in WMP results in the following error: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." Other media players, such as the Divx Player and VLC, do play videos, but without audio. So...
July 27th 08 06:20 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 140
microphone not detected by computer naieve
friends , I have gateway laptop with windows vista home premium got recently.I just started using it for live chattiing and got a mic.But the computer would not detect it. I used 2 different headsets with earphone and mic together and I can hear but mic is not detected. I checked with msn msgr audio toolls. I went to control panel /sounds/ it would show the laptop speakers but would not show...
July 27th 08 06:56 PM
by Nonny Go to last post

From The