Autoplay does not present CD burn dialog box by DWillett
Vista Home Premium - I place blank media in the CD/DVD drive - but I do not get the dialog box with the burn options. I get nothing. Same for blank CD and DVD. Even from the drive, selecting the "Open Autoplay" option I get nothing - no response at all. The media type is recognized - a "CD-R" symbol representing the media I am using shows up on the drive image.
March 3rd 07 08:09 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
1 224
Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers by Mike B.
So I just found out why my screensaver doesn't activate..... I have a wireless mouse. I read this has been a problem throughout every pre-release of Vista. When is this going to get fixed? I need my wireless mouse, but I also need my screensaver.
March 3rd 07 04:17 AM
by Lakesidezx Go to last post
9 250
USB Autoplay settings by Hyrrence
Hey! I have a USB I've worked with for over an year and it works fine usually. Every time I plug in, it gives me an option as to which way I would like it to open and that's fine by me. I just cancel it or select folder. My problem came up a few days back. If say I click cancel when it asked what I want to do with the USB then I go to "My Computer" and press "flashdisk (F:)" It tells me...
March 3rd 07 03:18 AM
by Hyrrence Go to last post
0 207
No audio!? by SeanV
Okay, so my laptop used to have audio.. and now.. it doesnt have any audio.. Uhm.. maybe i need new drivers? it says theres an audio device, and i can put my volume up, but theres no sound.. And when i play games on my Desktop, the noise is scratchy.. ( i have the high def. drivers..) Have the new Nvidia videocard drivers came out?
March 3rd 07 03:09 AM
by SeanV Go to last post
1 232
USB hard drive driver req by Linden
Vista requires driver to access my N91 8gb hard drive. i plugged it into another pc windows sourced the correct driver... Yet on my pc no luck.. Please help my Vista requires the driver to access USB hard drives
March 3rd 07 03:03 AM
by Linden Go to last post
2 218
MIDI by Ghislain
Hello, I lost something but what. My sound card works well, every sounds are OK but NO MORE all files.mid: immediately blue screen and restart! I use Windows Media 11 What to do? Thak you for your help
March 2nd 07 11:39 PM
by Ghislain Go to last post
0 403
Device manager shows wrong CPU by Marvay
Well, kind of. I just purchased a Gateway MX8711. It is supposed to come with an Intel T2060 running at 1.6GHz. The Device manager shows this CPU, but other programs such as CPUInfo, PC Wizzard AND the BIOS all show an Intel T2250 running at 1.73GHz. I contacted Gateway to see why the two places show a different CPU, and they referred me to Microsoft. They said it is an issue with Vista...
March 2nd 07 11:27 PM
by Marvay Go to last post
0 226
Sync by Super
I have just upgraded to vista business and my HP IPAQ 5550 will not since with anything. In sync setup, it is not recognizing my handheld. Is there another downloan I need to get. With XP, hotsync worked fine and would sync my mail, calendar, contacts, and documents. What do I need to do to make it work?
March 2nd 07 10:50 PM
by Super Go to last post
0 461
ricoh RL5C592 MEMORY STICK BUS HOST ADAPTER by trndispr
after installing vista 64bit home premium - host adapter shows as a unknown base system device-- Ricoh rl5c592 memory stick bus host adapter - need driver -anyone have any ideas and rl5c843 mmc host controller
March 2nd 07 09:09 PM
by trndispr Go to last post
2 1,364
Anyone using a Sony AR series notebook with Vista??? by Barry
I just purchased a Sony VGN-AR320E notebook that has a CD/CDRW/DVD drive release button on the left side of the keyboard. In the Sony literature and on-line, it says that if the button doesn't work (i.e. open the drive so that you an insert a CD etc) that the button on the side of the drive should be used. The problem is that the side button is hard to locate in low light and not easily...
March 2nd 07 09:00 PM
by Barry Go to last post
0 283
Sound volume probs... by Barry
I have a new Sony laptop that came with Vista Premium. In order to hear sounds at a normal volume, I have to turn up all controls to the maximum volume level. Why??? Is there a fix?
March 2nd 07 08:51 PM
by Barry Go to last post
2 202
How does Aero glass look on Ati Radeon 9550? by GT
Does it look or perform similar to the midrange or high end graphic card? I read somewhere that low end graphic card like Ati Radeon 9550 256mb will not show aero that well and that midrange video card is best for aero. Is this really true?
March 2nd 07 07:05 PM
by KDenton Go to last post
6 219
March 2nd 07 06:32 PM
by GreenWing Go to last post
3 218
Logitech set point crash MX Revolution by Jerry
Hi, I am using the above (version 3.30.159) under Vista Ultimate 32 bit every so often the revolution mouse just freezes and I have to change the USB port the dongle is in, then it works again, during the interim my corded G5 gaming mouse (wired) still works. Any ideas or has anyone else seen this behavior? Regards Jerry
March 2nd 07 06:21 PM
by SLoweCSL Go to last post
2 199
Problem with Audio Buzzing by Joe Siegler
I installed Windows Vista on my primary work machine, and it's done well so far. Except for one thing. I have an intermittent problem where anything I do audio wise (Windows sound, mp3 file, wav file) generates a buzz in addition to the actual sound I'm trying to play. The particularly maddening thing is that this did not happen on the same computer when I was using XP on it - it's gotta...
March 2nd 07 06:08 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
1 191
Sprint Novatel Merlin C201 card error during installation by HD@Corbis
Windows Vista build 5600 is detecting the card and downloading the drivers from Windows Updates but during the driver installation it gives the following error message: WindowsUpdate_80070005 WindowsUpdate_dt000 or WindowsUpdate_800F0217 WindowsUpdate_dt000 Neither of which return any information when searching the knowledge base.
March 2nd 07 06:05 PM
by kim michaelis Go to last post
2 263
Realtek AC'97 audio with distorted Music. by GT
I finally started using Vista MCE but the music is distorted and sometimes i receive audio errors. this happen randomly on HP PC. This driver was downloaded on Window Update. Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Copr driver date: 10/1/2004 driver Version 5.10.05730 digital signer Microsoft hardware compatibility publisher
March 2nd 07 05:58 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
1 209
Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!! by Richard Urban
An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that provides Vista compatibility. -- Regards, Richard Urban Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 07 05:43 PM
by David B. Go to last post
14 369
INPROCOMM IPN2220 Wireless LAN Card by Tofman_126
Could anyone send me the drivers or give a link with the IPN2220 aug. 20 2005 version. I've search on driverguide.com and I only can find new versions. Wich don't work on Vista. Thx. --
March 2nd 07 04:50 PM
by Tofman_126 Go to last post
0 204
Old .NET Framework and Catalyst® 7.2 Display Driver for Windows Vi by GT
Old .NET Framework and Catalyst® 7.2 Display Driver for Windows Vista Do i need to install Old version of .NET Framework so that Catalyst 7.2 Display Driver for Windows Vista will install. I think before .NET Framework is needed in order for the catalyst display driver to install.
March 2nd 07 04:46 PM
by David Hearn Go to last post

From The