  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Huge drivers problem by juanpablo
Hi, Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives or hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not use the device. I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time Im having this problem and not sure why........ JPG
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 08 02:45 PM
by Russ Go to last post
13 427
Same problem with KB940199 by Harry Johnston [MVP]
Hedegaard wrote: It IS a windows update problem. Not as far as I can see; from what you've said it relates to Vista SP1 ... this is a windows update but it is not Windows Update, if you follow the distinction. It presumably wouldn't matter whether you'd installed SP1 via Windows Update, manually, or whether it came preinstalled on your PC. Not that it matters, of course; I'm just being...
August 1st 08 03:51 PM
by Hedegaard Go to last post
2 168
SigmaTel High Definition Audio - problem by goorambatman
Hi there, I have the sound device "SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC" (STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio) which came with my Dell Dimension 5150. Some times some of the Windows Sounds don't function correctly. They loop (have the broken record effect). The Default Beep (Windows Ding.wav) is one that tends to have this problem when prompted. It also plays slightly delayed, performs like the...
August 2nd 08 07:42 PM
by ELW[_2_] Go to last post
3 177
Vista newbie: trying to add a simple storage hard drive by nofool
I did a clean load of Vista Home Premium x64 yesterday. I built the hardware system with two hard drives, but only had one of them connected when I did the OS load because I wanted to force it to one of them in particular. All went well. Then I simply added the second hard drive, which will be a simple storage drive (and nothing else). The BIOS sees the drive, but Vista does not. Can someone...
August 2nd 08 07:46 PM
by ELW[_2_] Go to last post
6 187
Hard drive never stops running by naedo
I am running Vista on an Asus M70s laptop. Asus has a utility called Chkmail.exe that is opened when Windows starts. Terminating this process (from the task tray icon) solved the problem. The disk is now quiet but still active once in awhile (indexing and defrag) but it is in the background, not thrashing. I found this from looking at the Resource Monitor (Task Manager|Perfomance Tab|Resource...
July 31st 08 10:43 PM
by naedo Go to last post
0 166
PCMCIA Problem by Puzzled in MD
I have a Toshiba laptop with a Cirrus Logic PCMCIA controller that came installed. I keep getting the error message "This device cannot start (code 10). I've deleted and reinstalled the driver, and looked for a new driver (version from microsoft is 6.0.6001.18000), with no success. Any ideas? Thanks.
August 1st 08 12:18 AM
by Puzzled in MD Go to last post
0 180
Power Management in Windows Vista by Vikram
Hi, I want to develop an application for Windows Vista, which would detect Power button Press and stop the machine from shutting down or restarting or going into suspend mode. After investigation we found that when the machine is shutdown or restarted "WM_QUERYENDSESSION" message is sent to every process. However to trap this message we had to use SetProcessShutdownParameters with 3FF as...
August 1st 08 03:33 PM
by Vikram Go to last post
0 186
Error 1935 when install bluetooth software by isragaus[_3_]
Hi, I want to install software bluetooth widcom BlueTooth GEBTC009 V6.0.1.3900 onto my acer aspire 4710, but during installation a massages appear like this: "Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly "Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.42",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and S..." and installation...
August 1st 08 07:28 PM
by isragaus[_3_] Go to last post
0 172
Unable to change Screen Resolution by Sulaiman
Hi I recently installed Vista Ultimate. I am unable to change my screen resolution to 1280x1024. When i select the option to set to 1280x1240 my screen goes black and not able to resolve the screen resolution. I am using a Gigabyte 17inch CRT monitor. Please assist as it appears as i am a bit blind with the big resolution i am currently using. My XP partition is running perfectly at...
August 2nd 08 06:20 PM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
2 231
I8042prt by Irv
I have just finished installing Vista Ultimate as a fresh install. I am using a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. When I open the event viewer I have an Event ID 7026 with an explanation that says: "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt Null" What I am finding for fixes pertains to the PS/2 Mouse port, and is way over my head. I do find and entry...
August 1st 08 07:58 PM
by John Go to last post
1 187
2 GB dual channel vs 3 GB single channel by FrozenEclipse
I bought a 1 GB stick of RAM for my comp today, but I made the rookie mistake of not realizing that having an odd number of sticks of RAM in my comp (3x1GB) would make me lose the dual channel. So my question is, do I lose performance by not having the dual channel? Would I actually gain some by having additional memory? Or is it really a crapshoot with no real gain or loss of performance either...
July 30th 08 02:52 AM
by GTS Go to last post
3 204
Ipod Touch not properly recognized by Vista by desdecinci
I recently bought an Ipod Touch and when I tried to connect to Itunes from my computer the device was not automatically recognized by Itunes. Instead I got Vista's Autoplay menu which gave me the following three options: - Import pictures using windows - Open Device Using Windows Explorer - Take no action When I go to the device manager and I look at the properties of my Ipod (under...
July 30th 08 08:06 PM
by jpniel Go to last post
6 199
how many cores can vista run by Korben Dallas[_2_]
does anyone please know how many cores can vista run on? im building computer for man doing rendering, so he needs as many cores as possible but still needs to run vista. so my question is can vista run for example on 4 CPUs each Quad core?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 08 08:14 PM
by Stonewall Go to last post
10 385
For Sale Brand New Apple Iphone 16GB $280 by pride001
*KBA METRONICS LIMITED is today an authority in power protection:we control,distribute,transfer,monitor service with power-networking approach.We Specialize in a wide Range of Products such as Mobile Phones,laptops, MP3 & MP4 Players,Video Games Console,plasma tv.Etc.For bulk orders we sale at discount rate with 10% discount. All items are all brand new direct from the manufacturers in English...
July 30th 08 07:26 PM
by tomman Go to last post
1 198
Camcorder not recognized through IEEE 1394 by Shabaman
Hello, I have a Sony DCR-TRV280 camcorder and I recently tried to connect it to my notebook(both have firewire ports) through the i.LINK cable. Problem is, my computer doesn't detect it in any way. I tried using Windows Movie Maker as the capturing program but it doesn't detect neither. I figured it would be like USB and would detect new hardware. I also looked under the device manager. Not...
July 30th 08 01:36 AM
by maump3 Go to last post
6 185
Sound no longer working by Cesar
I have a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 running Vista Home Premium edition and Office 2007. I turned the computed on this morning and I am getting no sound out of the internal or external speakers. In the Device Manager under the sound category, (Conexant High Definition SmartAudio HD2) and under properties, it says the device is working properly.
July 29th 08 03:59 PM
by krazystunner Go to last post
4 185
System lock up's possibly due to heat by Raiden1803
so for some strange reason, lately my system has been locking up a lot depending on what im doing. if its not watching tv its gaming, after 10 mins or so my system would lock up and refuse to respond causing me to reboot. What's strange about this is i've had this install on for about a month and now it's giving me mass amounts of problems like this. i've ran Real Temp (...
July 29th 08 07:32 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
5 184
Change/delete system partition after BitLocker removal by robinio
I installed BitLocker and it's preparation tool left me with new system 1.5Gb partition labeled as S: Since this letter is hardcoded and reserved for data in some software we use, I disabled BitLocker. But partition remaind, marked as System and Active. I cannot change letter or delete this partiton since it is marked System. How can I mark another partiton as System so I could get rid of...
July 30th 08 05:38 PM
by andy Go to last post
3 170
Vista doesn't recognize remote hard drive? by richg99[_3_]
I have a Wolverine 7000 remote hard drive that previously worked just fine on my XP machine. It is listed as a drive on the listing on my Dell Inspiron 1525 special edition notebook computer. I am running Windows Vista home edition (32). I checked for a driver update and am told, by the computer, that I have the latest updated driver for the machine. However, when I plug the drive in...my...
July 29th 08 07:48 PM
by richg99[_3_] Go to last post
0 177
"The runaround" by koen
My wish is simpel;to link my sattelite-tuner(DVB)to the mediacenter. There is no info ,in the center,on how to fix it.Manuals are to easy ? :confused::(:olots of love anyway,Koen -- koen Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
August 2nd 08 11:51 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post

From The