Monitor Loses signal on boot up by ron
I have a Viewsonic LCD monitor. i just put a new pc together with an XFXForce 8600GT video card. The problem is when i boot the pc i see the bios screen fine. it's not until i see 'Micrsoft Corporation' and am about to see the status bar going back and forth that the screen goes blank and i then see 'No sginal'. I'm connected using a DVI-I cable. If i unplug the cable from either the card or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 08 12:43 PM
by ron Go to last post
18 239
Monitor Show 'No Signal' when i reboot or turn on pc by ron
I just had a new pc built with an E6750 processor, 500 gb HD, xfx 8600gt vid card. I have a viewsonic LCD monitor which is the only pice not new. I have the monitor connected to the vid card with a dvi cable. I also have an old crt monitor which when i plug this in and started the pc up worked fine. the LCD is not finding a signal until i unplug the cable and replug it back in. then i get...
January 27th 08 01:20 AM
by Curious Go to last post
4 764
ITE 8211F IDE controller - Vista driver does not allow CD/DVD burning by Ron
Abit IB9 motherboard with an ITE 8211F IDE controller onboard. Vista loads the native Vista driver fine and the drives show up as DVDRW drives in Windows Explorer. But under PROPERTIES, there is no RECORDING tab. Therefore I cannot use the native Vista burning function. This is on a clean install of Vista Business. XP on this machine works fine (ITE controller is functioning). Tried 3...
September 20th 08 04:03 AM
by Hilton T Young Go to last post
9 161
USB devices by Ron
After the last series of updates to Vista all USB devices that function as removeable discs have a problem. The problem is that Vista says "the device needs formatted in order to use". The devices are formatted and work on XP machines. Prior to the updates the problem did not exist on the Vista machine. Using Vista Ultimate SP1 Any advice or encountered same problem?
December 17th 08 05:28 AM
by microdude431 Go to last post
3 242
DVD driver cannot load by Ron
Windows Vista cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). My DVD drive used to work properly but now the device for it cannot load (Code 39) above. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem. Do I need to go into the registry? Thanks in advance.
May 2nd 07 12:57 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 107
With via AC97 sound- soloution - no volume control at Operating System level...? by Ron Bartle
Are there other folks haveing the problem that (even with trying a couple of different drivers - i.e. from Realtech and MS-) the AC97 Onboard Soundsystem only allows volume control at the application level. Any form of conrtolling the volume settings at o.system level does not work. This also means that for instance using a Multimedia Keyboard to try and controll volume also does not...
March 6th 07 08:05 PM
by MFS Computers Go to last post
3 181
one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency by Ron Boetger
I just reloaded my Vista OS on my laptop now I keep getting the following on boot up. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency and then check disk starts. I ran a chkdsk/r and found nothing. Any Ideas what is going on?
August 12th 08 03:49 PM
by Ron Boetger Go to last post
4 188
USB memory stick problem by Ron de Bruin
Hi all AMD 64 X2 dual system with 4 gb ram (A8N-SLI Premium board) with Vista 32 bit Vista see my USB key when I insert it but I get this error: Device driver software was not successfully installed I see the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon but this will not respond when I use it What can I try to fix this
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 03:22 PM
by Ron de Bruin Go to last post
13 267
Support for shutdown from UPS signal? by Ron Holder
Windows XP had support in the Power options area of Control Panel for UPS-initiated shutdown; I have one of the classic APC Back-UPS that uses a serial port to connect to the computer and signal it to shut down if the AC power fails. I cannot find settings for this in Vista RC2. Will I need to resort to running Power Chute Plus, will it run on Vista? Can't seem to find any thing in the help...
October 10th 06 04:08 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 112
Default sound devices changes after restart by Ron Miller
Whenever I restart Windows, the default sound device changes from "Speakers" to "Digital Output Device (SPDIF)." I end up having to manually reset "Speakers" to default. I would say that this happens 85-90% of the time I restart. Why won't the default device remain as I set it? I'm running Windows Ultimate 32-bit and my sound card is a Prodigy HD2 with the most current drivers. I'd...
July 24th 08 02:41 AM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
0 167
SD Card locks up vista by Ron P
Hello, running vista home premium. Whenever I insert an SD memory card, as soon as vista tries to access it, it locks the computer hard. I have tried 3 different SD cards, all the same result. I dual boot with XP and when I try them in XP, they work just fine. Seems to be an issue with my install of vista. Any ideas? Thanks
August 26th 07 09:35 PM
by Ron P Go to last post
9 141
Vista does recognize optical drive by Ron Sellner
When booting up, BIOS recognized my CD/DVD RW optical drive and I can boot from it. Once Windows has control, my optical drive does not appear on either Disk Management or Windows Explorer. When I load a disk, it does not autoplay. When I try the Run command, the browser does not show my internal optical drive as an option. I have no problems with the external CD/DVD RW drive (USB). I have...
May 18th 07 12:27 AM
by Daibach98 Go to last post
2 128
Strange problem ATI Radeon 9250 by Ron van Hamond
Hi guys. I have this strange problem with my ATI 9250 256 MB card. Everytime I run the index, I get a 1,0 score for my graphics! When I open the details, Vista (Ultimate) shows the next results: Graphics Adapter: RADEON 9250 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) graphic memory: Not found rest of the results show 0 MB
June 17th 07 12:12 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 204
tv card +tecnotrend DVB-C budget 1500 by rona
HEEELP.... I have just put in my tv-card and installed the BDA! then i installed the software. ok this far everything was fine i watched some TV and so on... then i restarted my computer and after e few minutes it freezes completely-restart again same thing! ok then i ran system recovery and took away all the drivers for my TV card.
September 19th 07 06:56 PM
by rona Go to last post
1 180
Both DVD-ROM missing by rona
I have had Vista now for a few months and everything has been fine, until now! After Vista had installed some updates and I restarted my computer both my DVD-ROM´s disappeared. I can see them in the Device Manager and have tried uninstalling them and reinstalling but nothing seems to work! It says int the Device Manager that it cant read the drivers and the drives may be damage (CODE...
May 7th 08 09:37 AM
by freddy2399 Go to last post
9 161
Plextor AV100U audio-video capture device by ronaldj23
Anyone out there had any luck installing the AV100U in Vista? I've tried everything and even though the drivers will install, the device fails. There in nothing related to Vista on the Plextor internet site. The device works great in XP...not so in Vista. Thanks for any advice.
October 8th 06 03:13 AM
by ronaldj23 Go to last post
0 122
Hola (español psxx) by ronald_lobo
Bueno..... Quiero saber mas de las funciones de windows vista!
June 9th 07 09:37 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 189
ASIO Functionality by RonBot
I use ASIO4ALL ver. 2 with RealTek HD Audio Drivers. The DAW I use is FL Studio 7. For some reason when I connect an analog audio input to either the line-in, or mic input I can see input when I look at the Windows volume control mixer. However, when I start FL Studio and take a look at the ASIO settings and see that they're working, I don't get any input. Will someone please help me...
November 8th 08 02:34 PM
by Kegs Go to last post
1 269
Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 Wheel Problem by Ronbur
I just purchased a Wireless Mobile Laser Mouse 6000 thinking it would be compatabile with Vista 64. Wrong. After the computer sleeps or hibernates the scroll wheel slows down to a very slow crawl. I have to disconnect the nano receiver wait about 2 minutes and then reconnect.
December 1st 09 08:22 PM
by chiefchester Go to last post
5 246
Is this flash drive toast? by Ronin[_4_]
Friend has a flash drive that was working OK, but when he plugged it in yesterday, it didn't show in Explorer. When he plugs it in it makes the appropriate sounds, but it doesn't appear in Explorer or Disk management. We uninstalled all of the pertinent entries in Device Manager and tried it again, and it all reinstalled perfectly, gave notice that it was in stalled, etc., but in addition to...
May 18th 09 08:14 PM
by Ronin[_4_] Go to last post

From The