audio codecs by Darlene McDaniel
I am using Vista Home Basic. I used to be able to do voice chat on Yahoo when I used XP, but now when I try, I get this error message "This computer does not support the required audio compression format" Supposedly what I need is the DSSP true speech audio codec that was installed with XP. Is this true and where can I get it?
February 16th 08 11:03 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 171
DVD problem after vista sp1 installation by Dark_Shadow
Yesterday i installed SP1 on my vista ultimate x64 via microsoft update after that all was ok expect for the dvd drive it cannot read dvd's anymore cd's are ok though i figured that this is a problem that began after the installation of sp1 cause before it was ok and my dvd drive is making some noice sometimes just like when i insert a disk in it. anyone knows what could the problem be?
April 21st 08 05:06 PM
by Dark_Shadow[_2_] Go to last post
3 172
compatability isues by darkride_comando
does vista have a fix that will allow devices that are working on xp and older systems to be compatable? I just bought a new laptop with Vista installed, I also bouht a new webcam. The cam works with XP on my old machine, but gets no video on the Vista machine. I thought that Vista would at least support Legacy drivers and devices. Why does Vista not run certain applications due to...
April 5th 07 03:53 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 135
leagacy problems with vista by darkride_comando
I just bought a new laptop with Vista installed. I also purchased a webcam that will not run with vista, but works on my older machine (XP) Also, I cannot find patches for autocad or a number of my business applications. Are there legacy drives / patches for vista that will support older hardware / software? HELP!!!
April 8th 07 12:02 AM
by joepercussion1 Go to last post
3 132
Boot up problem by darknothing
the normal boot for my pc goes floppy,Hard drive, cd rom but i cant get vista to boot up that way i get disk boot fail replace disk and try again , the only way i can get it to boot up is cd rom hard drive, cd rom and the vista cd has to be in the cd tray. whats going on?
February 18th 07 12:41 AM
by andy Go to last post
1 193
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick by DarkJon2004
My friend has a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick and windows xp but the sidewinder isn't the usb kind and xp audio dectect isn't seeing it why? -- I Love Jesus and my wife and family and friends and beauty.
March 22nd 08 10:30 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 229
Wireless G vs N by Darkelldar[_4_]
I have upgraded to a wireless N router with rangeboost, Picked up a matching rangboosted PCI card for my PC. The problem is that the N is dropping out and has signal strength of fair to low it is connecting at 300 mbp's but is very unstable. I went back to my wireless G USB adapter and I get good to excellent signal strength and it does not drop off. All other G devices & computers work...
November 18th 08 10:27 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
1 387
Problem with Logitech G15 driver by Darkelldar
I am having a problem with the drivers not working correctly after a reboot. Some of the display options don't work and it won't load game profiles. I have to reinstall the driver if I reboot or shutdown and restart. Any Ideas? Thanks.
April 11th 07 03:30 AM
by Kris Go to last post
2 125
Getting My Microphone to Work!!!?????????? by DarkCircle
I've got the correct progs, as well as a professional mic. I want to mic my guitar and record onto my pc. However...... Vista says my microphone is not supported?? It's a Peavey Vi2. fella at the P.C shop here in town says my mic should work, my soundcard will provide pre-amp if needed... BUT, I need a codec or something that will allow my pc to see my mic as a midi Input?? (I'm kinda PC...
January 20th 08 02:22 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 117
External Hard Drive Size Error by darkblade25
I have a Netdisk external hard drive with around 55 gigs of free space. In vista, I tried to copy over a 4 gig file to the external hard drive. It then gives me an error saying that the file is too large for the destination file system. I have over 55 gigs and when I tried to copy 4 gig worth of files on my other computer, which is running xp, it works fine. Somebody please help me.
April 8th 07 08:02 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 154
web cam by DARK HELL
I have a new Gateway laptop that has a built in web cam. I used it once successfully but now everytime I try it I get the message "locked by another application" What does this mean? I've searched everywhere for information on the Camera Assistant Software and cannot find any information on it!
April 7th 08 03:37 PM
by John Speros Go to last post
4 229
Audigy Value by Dark Fact
Any creative driver I install for the card says no compatible device found. End of story. I have tried Vista drivers, 2003, 2000, XP, XP64, ME and none of them will see my card as a true blue sound blaster audigy. It's like the installer from creative thinks I have no product they make.
October 5th 06 10:35 PM
by RonK Go to last post
1 151
Adaptec SCSI and IDE periphrials. by Dark Fact
I was told via Email today that Adaptec has no plans to support Windows Vista in alpha, beta, RC or final stages until after 2007!!! So what can I do if I use the 1200A raid controller do I have to reformat my raid just to put this on? Surely there is adaptec support in windows vista as in XP service pack 1? Any info on the 2940UW SCSI Cards and ATA 1200A RAID controller is appreciated. I...
October 18th 06 01:07 PM
by Paul Go to last post
4 234
Adaptec SCSI and IDE periphrials. by Dark Fact
I was told via Email today that Adaptec has no plans to support Windows Vista in alpha, beta, RC or final stages until after 2007!!! So what can I do if I use the 1200A raid controller do I have to reformat my raid just to put this on? Surely there is adaptec support in windows vista as in XP service pack 1? Any info on the 2940UW SCSI Cards and ATA 1200A RAID controller is appreciated. I...
October 3rd 06 11:00 PM
by Dale Sampson Go to last post
1 157
Mice Problems by Dark Fact
Ok I too had my mouse, just flat out not working. It is an optical USB Logitec run of the mill 30 dollar model or so. I just unplugged it from the USB powered hub, which is not under powered, and plugged it into on open port on the back of the machine and pow it worked! Some of us I think are experiencing problems with our powered hubs and Win Vista. That could explain why some of the USB...
October 8th 06 04:10 PM
by McLaren Go to last post
1 127
Adaptec 1200A RAID (IDE) by Dark Fact
Ok it says that the Vista inspect doesn't like the driver for my 1200A IDE Raid card from adaptec, since this is function under XP SP2 will this create a problem with Vista RC-1? I would hate to have it half installed and then turn all my hard disk to a waste land :) Oh yes and is the 2940 UW supported, if it is then the Upgrade Advisor is detecting my 2940UW from Adaptec's driver isn't...
October 3rd 06 05:56 PM
by Dark Fact Go to last post
1 129
HTP3xx ATA RAID Controller WORKING NOW!!! by Dark Fact
I just found out loading the windows 2003 driver for the HTP3xx series RAID controllers will get things running for most users having the RAID not being seen. Just tell the install where you hide you driver and let it load it. Never bothered me again about it :)
October 4th 06 11:19 AM
by Dark Fact Go to last post
0 159
Mitusmi 4824TU External USB CD-R/RW by Dark Fact
Ok guys this driver is simple to get running. All I had to do was use the Win95/98SE driver of all things. However, it does work though and now instead of another unknown USB device I know have my entire PC functional under Win Vista! Just unplug the drive from the USB cable then make sure to run the Mitusmi installer as Administrator, as if that has to be mentioned but I am sure some noobs...
October 5th 06 04:23 PM
by Dark Fact Go to last post
0 130
Sound Blaster Audigy Install Error by Dark Fact
Can't trust those third party installers I have a little bit of a similar issue. The sound card isn't even seen as a sound blaster family card and it's an Audigy. I think creative might need to refine the installer itself to get our problems fixed. But that's why they call it beta I suppose :) "Lee" wrote: As of this morning using device manager and asking it to update the driver for...
October 5th 06 04:29 PM
by Dark Fact Go to last post
0 141
Vista Business and Optical 3-button Travel Wheel Mouse-800DPI(31P7410) by [email protected]
Hi What wrong with this lovely system? It can't find the drive and mouse don't work. I have only information somthing about code 32. On the web- side lenovo I couldn't find any drivers, if someone know how to fix it pleas tell me. Sorry about my english I'm still learning :)
June 28th 07 07:52 PM
by freddy Go to last post

From The